Author Topic: cRPGLauncher.exe trouble? post here!  (Read 89644 times)

Offline Ben_E_Gas

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ben_E_Gas; Wolff_the_Wandererr
Re: cRPGLauncher.exe trouble? post here!
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2012, 05:36:13 am »
Now here is how far I got running the unofficial updater:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks,
Ben E Gas

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2012, 10:48:48 pm »
That is rather interesting indeed since it seems to happen on different files each time. It might be packet loss corrupting files randomly (or a retarded antivirus software). The solution to this would be to make files try redownloading a couple of times if they fail. I'm not sure how the official launcher does this, gotta ask cmp wether this could be the reason it gets stuck occasionally. Any more sophisticated solution would probably require far more coding (checking download validity in chunks or something) than I can be arsed to do.

That said if it gets stuck on different files each time chances are you can run the program repeatedly until it gets every file downloaded :D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:00:08 pm by Elmokki »

Offline Ben_E_Gas

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »
I finally got the game running.  I love it.  I had to delete the cRPG folder completely and run the Unofficial Launcher from someone's post above (thanks for that).  Then it ran that little dos program and created all of the files that I needed.  The only way I can get the game to run though, is to start the game in Native format, then go to multiplayer and select a cRPG server that I want, then it asks if I want to load the mod, I click yes of course.  It loads it up but then I get a message saying I need to run using script editor, I click yes, and it works.  I had to delete the script editor that was in the cRPG folder though and copy and paste in the newer version.  I was shocked when this all worked, I was about to give up.  cRPG is sooo much better than the native multiplayer.  You actually get to save the gold, weapons and XP.  Thanks for a great mod.
Thanks,
Ben E Gas

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2012, 08:39:57 pm »
I get a "RGL warning" when I try to play cRPG from the launcher. I've done a repair but this hasn't helped.
The warning reads "Steam could not be initialized properly. Steam must be running to play this game"
It pops up behind the menu where you select the mod you want to play etc
Any help?

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2012, 04:42:42 am »
I get a "RGL warning" when I try to play cRPG from the launcher. I've done a repair but this hasn't helped.
The warning reads "Steam could not be initialized properly. Steam must be running to play this game"
It pops up behind the menu where you select the mod you want to play etc
Any help?

I'm getting this error now too..all of a sudden.  Steam is definitely running, but when I start CRPG and it start loading up, it crashes and says "steam not running."  And steam is magically not running anymore and I have to start it up again...only to have the whole things happen again.

Offline Kuyamzoleta

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zoleta, WATCHOUT_SON
« Reply #245 on: March 06, 2012, 01:25:16 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Any ideas, guys?
"twerk miley miley twerk"

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2012, 10:46:32 am »
Run as admin.

Offline Kuyamzoleta

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zoleta, WATCHOUT_SON
« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2012, 10:13:49 pm »
:? aw man it still doesn't work. gives me the same error. there's an error prior to this one if it helps i can take another screenshot

Works now, had to update a service pack for windows 7 x64
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:24:07 pm by Kuyamzoleta »
"twerk miley miley twerk"

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2012, 02:35:25 pm »
I have a similar problem as the guy above. Tried running crpg on my old windows xp PC but I get this error when I launch the CRPG launcher: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/error1zb.jpg/
and then this error if I continue and try to continue and update anyway: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/error2k.jpg/

I am the only user on the machine and am therefore admin so this solution is a no go. Ive also tried the unofficial launcher but it just insta-fails and asks me to send a MS Error report.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:21:13 pm by Stabby_Dave »

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2012, 12:17:08 pm »
bump

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2012, 01:40:07 pm »
A retardedly unpermissive firewall could be blocking the access to the cRPG servers (or more like it blocking cRPG launcher completely) I suppose? Essentially using the launcher is - as far as I noticed when implementing the unofficial test one - the same as using a different web browser. The files are transmitted via http protocol so the only real possible issues causing that kind of error messages are something (firewall, Windows, whatever) forbidding the launcher to do what it wants to.

If you can't get anything else to work, try http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,21131.msg364171.html#msg364171, though I doubt it'll work either judging from the errors you're getting. It does essentially the same thing as the official launcher, just with a different method.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2012, 10:20:59 pm »
A retardedly unpermissive firewall could be blocking the access to the cRPG servers (or more like it blocking cRPG launcher completely) I suppose? Essentially using the launcher is - as far as I noticed when implementing the unofficial test one - the same as using a different web browser. The files are transmitted via http protocol so the only real possible issues causing that kind of error messages are something (firewall, Windows, whatever) forbidding the launcher to do what it wants to.

If you can't get anything else to work, try http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,21131.msg364171.html#msg364171, though I doubt it'll work either judging from the errors you're getting. It does essentially the same thing as the official launcher, just with a different method.

I've made sure that crpg launcher is alowed by my windows firewall but I also have AVG antivirus that might be blocking it somehow. Ill try disabling all my firewalls and stuff when I get chance and let you know what happens.

Offline Ben_E_Gas

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 21, 2012, 12:28:31 am »
Right, I made a crude C# downloader that uses a different method than the official one (thanks to cmp for clarifying it wasn't what I thought it was :D) I can't test wether that fixes the getting stuck problem or not since I can't reproduce it, but maybe some of you can!

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
- No guarantees on it working. I managed to download a working cRPG installation on one go at about the same speed as the official one manages to do it.
- Requires .NET framework 4.0 or newer. The official one is fine with older version, but I use a filesaving method that was only recently implemented. You can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851
- Program needs to be in your Warband /Modules/ directory. It doesn't look for correct place to download to - it just creates a cRPG folder wherever it happens to be and downloads the crap to there.
- If you don't get an error before the "FINISHED"-text it probably downloaded stuff correctly. Next step is to run the official cRPG launcher in repair mode and see if it actually downloaded things correctly (and if it did, that will launch WSE)
- Unlike the official program, this one downloads directly to the mod folder and does not delete the files on a failure (or if you close the program). This means that if you got stuck to random files before and still do with this one, you might be able to get the whole installation by just trying multiple times. This, however, is not the goal of the program, but if it let's you get the game, you're welcome. Do report it though.
- Please report if this fixes the getting stuck problem so I'll (and more importantly: the devs will) know if this is a solution. If it gets stuck, please report the last line or two of text you got so I might be able to look into it.

Get it from: http://nikita.tnnet.fi/~elmokki/crpg/cRPG-unofficial.exe

Give it a few seconds at start - it'll download the file list for updates without announcing doing that and it might take a moment. If it doesn't start spamming filenames and what's happening to them in a minute, something's wrong right away :D

If this doesn't work, I'll code a Java version and we'll see if it's C# related. If that doesn't work, well, it's probably your internets hating the program.

Elmokki,

Any plans to release a new "unofficial launcher"  for the .271 update?  Or is there a place I can just download all the files directly?  The unofficial seemed to work for me for .270, but the official launcher has never worked for me.

Thanks for the help,
Ben E Gas
Thanks,
Ben E Gas

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:56 pm »
Elmokki,

Any plans to release a new "unofficial launcher"  for the .271 update?  Or is there a place I can just download all the files directly?  The unofficial seemed to work for me for .270, but the official launcher has never worked for me.

Thanks for the help,
Ben E Gas

It should work just fine regardless of cRPG version unless the devs change how the downloading works (which has not happened as far as I know). I should've probably added some text telling "YOU ARE DOWNLOADING VERSION BLABLA", but fact is the only version it can download is the newest one available because it just gets them from the exact same place as the official launcher, so there's no real need for such.

If for some reason the launcher does not work, I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure it works just fine :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:47:59 pm by Elmokki »

Offline Ben_E_Gas

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2012, 02:03:42 am »
It should work just fine regardless of cRPG version unless the devs change how the downloading works (which has not happened as far as I know). I should've probably added some text telling "YOU ARE DOWNLOADING VERSION BLABLA", but fact is the only version it can download is the newest one available because it just gets them from the exact same place as the official launcher, so there's no real need for such.

If for some reason the launcher does not work, I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure it works just fine :)

Elmokki,  I ran your unofficial launcher again and it goes through the whole thing but only creates a .270 file.  Let us know if you plan to update the unofficial launcher.  I hope you do.  It is odd that I can get onto the servers still running .270, but there are glitches.  None of my armor is correct, for one.
Thanks,
Ben E Gas