Author Topic: Kick still active  (Read 590 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Kick still active
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:16:27 pm »
Not quite sure if it's a bug or intended, but here goes.

I was dueling on the duel server, using a small mace against a guy with a greatsword. Obviously I wanted to get close to him to have a chance to attack and he, expecting this, started a kick (e kick ofc). And here is where it got weird. I managed to hit him, his character flinched and he lost damaged, BUT; the kick was still done, even though he was flinching, and hit me (since I was still moving closer to him) and I got stunned, it interrupted my secound attack, and he managed to do a counterattack because of the hit which was unblockable for me.

After that, I asked him over TS if he in fact was hit and it wasn't some weird lag thing. He confirmed he did get damaged and flinched. We then did some tests and we found out that even if you are hit by an attack, it doesn't interrupt the kick.

This might be intentional or it can be a bug. Regardless, it needs to be changed. If it's meant to be like this, please move this post to suggestions corner where I can argue about how ridiculous and unfair this is.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Kick still active
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 12:16:38 am »
Have seen this happen a few times. Although in my case he didn't recover fast enough from the hit to get in a free hit.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:05:14 am »
didn't recover fast enough from the hit to get in a free hit.

This. I kick a lot, but I've never seen what you talked about in the OP, only this.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 07:14:43 pm »
Have seen this happen a few times. Although in my case he didn't recover fast enough from the hit to get in a free hit.
That might have been because I was too surprised by it to remember to block his counter attack xD

Still, it really shouldn't be like this, now should it?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 07:56:17 pm »
Nope it's indeed a bug, but unless it's really easy to fix, I doubt the effort is worth solving this. I doubt more than 5% of the cRPG population has ever seen this happen or was particularly bummed out because of it.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 08:46:24 pm »
Happened to me. Kicker recovered from my hit with a SoW faster than I recovered from his kick in my knee :(
This happens quite rarely in general, and when it happes it most likely happens on a duel server since people don't kick in battle that ofter.