BADMIN?

Horrible
47 (29.2%)
Bad
24 (14.9%)
Alright
90 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Author Topic: [NA] GrannPappy  (Read 15783 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: [NA] GrannPappy
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2012, 06:24:43 pm »
And nobody strokes it like you  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2012, 04:40:10 am »
This admin looks for reasons to kick/ban people, which I don't really like.

For instance, in seige there was a person standing in spawn whom I gave a kick to "wake up".  I was threatened with a kick/ban for this behaviour.  If I were grief kicking archers off roofs or kicking people off ladders, I would understand - but draconian rulemongering is beneath him.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2012, 05:13:17 am »
Here's a tip. When I'm standing 5 feet away from a player don't walk up and start kick spamming them unless you are looking for a kick yourself. In fact, I'm fairly certain those are the exact words I used. It doesn't matter what you thought you were doing. People with slow systems can take more than a couple seconds to be able to control their character. You kicking them while they are loading doesn't help "wake them up". I didn't need to look for a reason to warn you. You walked up and did it right in front of me  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2012, 08:30:18 pm »
It was ~2:00 left on the round timer.  Besides, it was round 2/3/4 of 5.  If the person wasn't moving, it was more likely that he was tabbed out because of a death than waiting for his slow system to load.  I'm trying to offer some input into how other people view your admining.  Sometimes a heavy hand does more harm to the atmosphere than good, I think.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2012, 09:08:36 pm »
Thanks for the input. I do listen to it. On siege however, I don't think that a heavy hand is the current issue and you'll notice that you got warned, not kicked or banned. A warning is the opposite of a heavy hand  :idea:
(Not to mention that people join the game at all times, not just when a round begins)

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2012, 10:22:35 pm »
Fair enough.

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2012, 03:12:24 am »
+1
I dont like this admin.
cant be arsed writing why

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2012, 04:25:28 am »
This guy is pretty cool, I think he is using his adminship the right way
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:31:45 am by mcdeath »
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2012, 04:47:40 am »
You were told to stop. You didn't. They were warned not to team hit. They stopped. That is evident because you were still alive and standing in front of me when I banned you for all of 5 minutes.

Read the rules and follow them and you won't have cause to complain.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2012, 05:27:13 am »
I was never warned unless you count saying my name in team chat but nothing else was said
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2012, 07:35:10 pm »
I support all balding old man admins!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:36:17 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2012, 08:49:13 pm »
+1
First off, I want to say, GranPappy, you're a decent player.

But you spam admin chat while everyone is trying to play like you have to answer every question with Pink Text.

2 Days ago in Siege server, I swear to god, every 30-45 seconds you would say something in admin chat and 50% of the time it had NOTHING to do with Admin stuff.

It was so obnoxious and annoying that players in dead-chat and team-chat were mentioning how you just kept spamming it, that's not needed especially when you wrote BLOCKS AND BLOCKS of messages. So much that everytime you said something I had to double check to see if I had received "All thine hard work" but no, it WAS SPAM.

I nearly said something, but then you were gone from the server, and the Wild West Siege server went right back to chaos.

Please, if you have to admin, use your admin chat for that stuff, instead of answering any and all questions or comments to yourself through Admin chat. I swear, if we looked at the logs there was probably a 30 minute time-frame where you had 10-15 things, BIG BLOCKS OF TEXT, in admin chat.

I don't need that, and I'm guessing since the a majority of the rest of the community in the server was complaining, they didn't need it either.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2012, 09:58:41 pm »
It wasn't spam. Half of it was answering McDeath there who demanded answers about his 5 minute ban. You notice I finally told him to come to the forums because I wasn't interested in continuing the conversation in game (for this very reason). The other half was answering the questions of a new player who asked those questions in 'i' chat.
When I die, I can't talk to living players any other way. When I am alive and start typing, half the time I die mid-sentence because I'm standing there typing to answer questions.
All of the messages were to either warn players for team attacks, attacking siege equipment, afk leeching, or to address McDeath or the new players directing problems they are having to me. Every bit of that is admin related.

Any "spam" by me was in white text, not pink.

I'll keep them to a minimum, but all of the messages were necessary to do the job. Trust me, it is annoying to me to spend my time typing rather than playing, and yes the siege server is FAR FAR worse. Take my word for it, I would prefer to be playing on Battle where the job is cake and I prefer the game mode. I go to siege for the players benefit, not my own.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2012, 09:13:09 am »
+1
Agreed that in hindsight I vaguely remember it being directed towards McDeath and yeah, for me the text is pink like the all-thine-hard-work message, at least admin chat is. Didn't see if you used normal chat for any of the questions but it was to the point I was really going to ask you to stop but you were gone.

No harm done, it's understandable to be the only sheriff in the server when you've got 100 would-be crooks running around and trying to observe them all not to mention handling all the pointers.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2012, 06:44:42 pm »
No problem, trust me that I completely understand.  :wink:

Also when re-reading my shit I realize that I really need to add more smiley's and winks. I sound curt and cold  :shock: :P  :mrgreen: