Tydeus admining

Good
51 (32.7%)
Bad
74 (47.4%)
Impartial
31 (19.9%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Author Topic: [NA] Tydeus  (Read 9467 times)

Offline Arthenon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Farfel - Admin abuse
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 07:37:04 pm »
i was on NA_CRPG-3 dueling and no one was complaining that i threw lances in the fight since throwers are slow in close combat, but i managed well. I dueled Farfel and he starts whining that i shouldn't use lances unless agreed upon so I'm like wtf? I'm a thrower and he's a 2h. It's more than fair for me to be able to throw. Next duel with him he kicks me. i come back and poll a kick for him due to admin abuse and he bans me not even letting the chance for my comrades to have their opinion on this. I declare admin abuse and that he be scowled at due to this recklessness. The classes are balanced so it's supposed to be used to it's utmost advantage. Do you guys agree with me or what?

Regards,

Arthenon

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Farfel - Admin abuse
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 08:54:06 pm »
i was on NA_CRPG-3 dueling and no one was complaining that i threw lances in the fight since throwers are slow in close combat, but i managed well. I dueled Farfel and he starts whining that i shouldn't use lances unless agreed upon so I'm like wtf? I'm a thrower and he's a 2h. It's more than fair for me to be able to throw. Next duel with him he kicks me. i come back and poll a kick for him due to admin abuse and he bans me not even letting the chance for my comrades to have their opinion on this. I declare admin abuse and that he be scowled at due to this recklessness. The classes are balanced so it's supposed to be used to it's utmost advantage. Do you guys agree with me or what?

Regards,

Arthenon

I agree and I heartily scowl at this badmin. *scowl*

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 09:29:27 pm »
+2
Just want to post the server rules here.

Quote from: cmp
Duel mode specific rules
All types of duels are allowed (ranged, mounted, shield, heavy armor...) if both duelists agree
No following or face-hugging the other duelist before the duel countdown has ran out - either hold your starting position or back-pedal if you want some distance between you and your opponent
No running away or going into unreachable places

So, I imagine you started with a melee weapon or in melee mode or at least that's what this admin thought, then once the duel started which he presumed would be melee, you started throwing shit at him.  He was probably having a bad day or something, raged at being owned by throwing in duel, and felt like you were griefing him and purposely tricking people into melee duels so you could throw stuff.  This could be interpreted as breaking the rules.

He kicked you for it, which was probably a bit rash, but within the rules of the duel server.  You came back and did a kick poll, which no one likes to see on low population servers like duel or DTV, because its usually rage polls that easily get passed.  He saw this as "poll abuse" which is frequently banned for.  Your ban was only for 1 hour if I recall, so you can go back to playing whenever.

Anyways, after speaking to the admin who did this, he felt like was just enforcing the rules, but realized he was too harsh with you and I think was probably just in a bad mood, which throwers certainly do not help fix haha.

A lot of players don't mind this, personally I enjoy juking the projectiles as I close the distance, but you should make it clear you are a thrower in advance if it isn't obvious so people know what they are agreeing to. 
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 09:59:21 pm »
This guy, this guy... Every time I go onto duel he pulls that shit with someone. Starts in melee mode upblocks then as soon as duel starts throws shit at you. Very frustrating.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 10:08:17 pm »
Generally, if you want to use throwing weapons, or even equip 2 weapons and are thinking about switching weapons mid duel (ie. start as 2h then switch to sword and board when blackbarred), it is best to cycle through your weapons when you initiate the duel. Kicking someone for not is a little harsh though.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 06:16:03 pm »
+8
I dunno. I was playing with him today, and he seems to be pretty uptight.

In the battle server, he ended up going so far as to shoot me (TK) after I admittedly bumped him by mistake while trying to defend him from incoming range (with my horse even). And this is after a string of events where he shoots arrows into my back (friendly fire).

He said it was a mistake, and he thought that I was the other rider (that was trying to kill him), but besides the same horse, we looked nothing alike.

I'm dubious as to how he gained his power as an admin, and I'm not going to the dev decision to make him an NA admin, but the fact I'm bringing this up should speak against this player as an admin.

I do not believe that revenge TK is justified under any circumstances (especially if it's in the next round after the fact), and it's shameful to have an administrator blatantly use his power to prevent others from kicking him.

Smooth, your points are valid, but they do not exemplify what an admin should be: tolerant, well mannered, and mature. This recount of kicking someone from duels just because he didn't like the way they carried out a duel does not - in any way - warrant a kick, or any use of admin power.

I don't care if you have a shitty day, you don't take it out on the people you serve. Administration is a service to the community, not a baton to play with and swing when you're pissed. If you're having a shitty day, don't fucking play video games. Go to the gym or something productive.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:20:11 pm by Dexxtaa »

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 10:20:44 pm »
I dunno. I was playing with him today, and he seems to be pretty uptight.

In the battle server, he ended up going so far as to shoot me (TK) after I admittedly bumped him by mistake while trying to defend him from incoming range (with my horse even). And this is after a string of events where he shoots arrows into my back (friendly fire).

He said it was a mistake, and he thought that I was the other rider (that was trying to kill him), but besides the same horse, we looked nothing alike.

I'm dubious as to how he gained his power as an admin, and I'm not going to the dev decision to make him an NA admin, but the fact I'm bringing this up should speak against this player as an admin.

I do not believe that revenge TK is justified under any circumstances (especially if it's in the next round after the fact), and it's shameful to have an administrator blatantly use his power to prevent others from kicking him.

Smooth, your points are valid, but they do not exemplify what an admin should be: tolerant, well mannered, and mature. This recount of kicking someone from duels just because he didn't like the way they carried out a duel does not - in any way - warrant a kick, or any use of admin power.

I don't care if you have a shitty day, you don't take it out on the people you serve. Administration is a service to the community, not a baton to play with and swing when you're pissed. If you're having a shitty day, don't fucking play video games. Go to the gym or something productive.

+1 Dexterz0rz

I think it's very stupid to kick for that reason. If he has a problem with it, then don't duel again...? Anyways, Smoothrich quotes rules, so it apparently is against the rules. He had the right to kick you, but I think it was a madmin decision.

His name is also Mr_Snuffles or something like that, so if you know who that is, you know who Farfel is.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:33 pm »
His name is also Mr_Snuffles or something like that, so if you know who that is, you know who Farfel is.

Wasn't that Dex's name when he got kicked out of chaos? 

Did I ruin the suprise?
Farfel sounds familiar but I cant think of it is
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:30:08 pm by oprah_winfrey »

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 11:36:27 pm »
Why would Dexxtaa be Farfel though? He just said Farfel tried teamkilling/teamwounded him.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 12:09:24 am »
Wasn't that Dex's name when he got kicked out of chaos? 

Did I ruin the suprise?
Farfel sounds familiar but I cant think of it is

I think it may be tydeus.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 03:01:03 am »
Don't think Snuffles is Farfel.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 04:51:42 am »
I think it may be tydeus.

Yeah, now that you mention it, that may be it.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
Re: [NA] Tydeus
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 05:35:18 pm »
I don't even think this admin has read the rules.  He banned me on NA today for some made up version of leeching.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,35866.0.html

If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 05:52:38 pm »
Bump, because Smoothrich is a good admin and aderyn delays all day. He even twed me when i let him use my sword the other day and then blamed me for it (not that I really cared BUT COME ON MAN!).

More importantly Tydeus needs to be removed as an admin NOW.  This guy dose not even know the rules he is tasked to enforce.

Furthermore, this guy still wears the PRO tag a clan that does not even exist anymore, what more evidence do you need that this guy has no clue?
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 06:13:41 pm »
figured I would copy and paste the rules for Tydeus to read while I'm waiting for this issue to be settled...

Here is the link to Tyd  http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

Official Server Rules
« on: February 28, 2011, 22:53:00 »
+16 Vote Down Vote Up Show voters
These rules apply to official servers:
- EU_cRPG_x (1,2,3,4,5,6,8)
- NA_cRPG_x (1,2,3,6)

"first rule of em all: common sense"
        ~ chadz

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

Behavior rules

No offensive behavior anywhere
        Remember that this is the internet. Don't be insulted if someone calls you an idiot.
    No offensive character names. If in doubt about a name, pick another one.

General rules

No exploiting of any kind
        NOT OK: Bypassing the autobalance
        NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits
        NOT OK: Leaving and rejoining to server to spawn more than once in a round
    No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling during a round
    No malicious griefing of teammates (kickspamming, blocking, etc.)
    No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)
        OK: running away and shooting enemies that are reachable by projectiles
        NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation when there is nobody to shoot in range or everyone is behind cover.
        NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation to search for ammo
    No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing...)
    No random kick/ban polls. Always specify reason before starting a poll
        OK: poll-kicking a leecher
        OK: poll-kicking an intentional teamkiller
        NOT OK: poll-kicking someone who involuntarily hurt you
        NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle
    No leeching
        OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
        NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode
        NOT OK: Running around without no weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute. This point does not apply to Rageball, as long as you are actually playing the game.
        NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die
    Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't
        OK: hiding (e.g. in the hay)
        NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying)
        OK: using a ladder to reach a roof that can't be reached normally
        OK: camping unreachable places in the middle of the round
        NOT OK: camping unreachable places when last group of men standing (i.e. delaying)
        NOT OK: exploiting invisible barriers
        NOT OK: going out of map bounds (if you can see unfinished parts of the map, then you should not be there)
        NOT OK: ladderpulting
    No siege equipment spam
        OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
        OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
        OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
        NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement
    If you're stuck, change team to spectators or rejoin the server, otherwise you will be considered a leecher.

Duel mode specific rules

All types of duels are allowed (ranged, mounted, shield, heavy armor...) if both duelists agree
    No following or face-hugging the other duelist before the duel countdown has ran out - either hold your starting position or back-pedal if you want some distance between you and your opponent
    No running away or going into unreachable places

Siege mode specific rules

No opening the gates as defender
    No stopping on ladders and blocking your team-mates on purpose

Breaking a rule may net you a warning, mute, kick or ban at admin discretion depending on severity of rule broken and player history (yes, repeated offenders are treated more harshly). In minor offences you usually get a written warning first, in more severe cases you might get kicked or even banned immediately.

If you ever get kicked, consider that a serious warning - you are obviously doing something wrong. If you are unsure what it is, re-read these rules and/or ask the admin in question what the kick was for in a civilized manner. If you're a hot-headed type, perhaps take a few minutes to cool off before going back to shout at the admin. Same goes for all interaction with the admins, act properly and you will most likely be received better.

Voted bans last for 1 hour. These cannot be lifted by admins and are automatically removed after the time is passed.

Admin bans can be either temporary (1 hour) or "permanent". Permanent does not mean permanent in most cases, usually it's a day or two. If you are in a rush or think you have been unjustly banned, post in EU or NA unban sections (read the first post and follow the rules). Again, civilized behavior might do you some good, raging/lying just prolongs the duration of the punishment.

Admins are human too, so mistakes can happen. We are terribly sorry for not being perfect and are working on replacing all players and admins with computers for optimal performance.