Poll

Do you approve?

Yes
404 (64.7%)
No
220 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 623

Author Topic: Removal of Strange Armour  (Read 44327 times)

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
Re: Removal of Strange Armour
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2011, 10:57:29 am »
look at my name im from XXXXland and everyone hates archers

dead mod, At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square..

Not only that, but we also hate the pron your country produces.... its just nasty  :P
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2011, 11:06:42 am »
+1
i just want the old crpg back, thats all, no patchs needed.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2011, 11:27:18 am »
fuck off....
keep it , it would ruin some players fun if you remove it.
And i already have an solution im gonna bring weaboo love back.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2011, 12:26:15 pm »
Reading the last few pages i finally get why Jambi get's huge scores in game, not cos archery is OP like i thought, but cos of the armour...

remove it, it's unbalanced.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2011, 12:46:29 pm »
Then also remove all the 17.5 - 23.5 weight armors... cause if you heirloom those, you are basicly wearing Black Armor for half the price, or even cheaper upkeep! And much much lighter!

Or better yet.  Why not herpy derpy remove any armor, that can be considered another armor class when heirloomed.

then this:

Studded Leather Coat
weight: 5
body armor: 30
leg armor: 10
difficulty: 8

should have a lordly +7 instead +4. just like that imba light weaboorai armor

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2011, 12:53:08 pm »
Oh I absolutely know about the whole buddist/pagan symbol, peace, blah blah blah.  But lets face it, the germans fucked that up a long time ago.  Forever more it shall be known as a symbol of genocide and facism.

Kind of like how one can no longer wear white sheets and be a "ghost" for costume parties, you are a KKK member.  Once something is ruined by a group, it is ruined forever in my mind.
Maybe in America.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2011, 01:01:35 pm »
+2
Tbh all Lordly body armor should be +4 max, and gloves/gauntlets +3 max.

+14 body armor is the worst bs ever

Weight of a medium armor, armor value of a black armor.

so... this is a medium armor?

didn't knew... i thought this was a standard medium armor:

following your "that XYZ lordly light armor have the same stats of the XYZ stock medium armor for half the weight!

for your information, the best heirloom points spent, are spent on light-to-medium armor. because a +7 on a 39 body armor (like the druzhina mail shirt)gives a net 18% boost. (39+18%=46)

while example a +7 on a black armor, (base value 60, lordly value 67) gives only a 12% boost. (60+12%=67)

so, if anything, lordly bonus should give 12% of the base armor value to make things a less unbalanced. jambi just abused the 6 weight armor with a 20% armor boost way too much.

and saying "removing my 20% broken bonus armor is a nerf to archers!" is just bs. it's an armor nerf... you could use it effectively in melee too. so...

edit:

a lordly light strange armor (43 body) + lordly plate mittens (17 body) makes you hack and whack inside a 60 armor suit with rougly 6 weight + 3 of the mittens. if isn't gamebreaking, well... nothing else is.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:04:43 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:49 pm »
stuff

I agree that Ligth Strange armor loom is exploit at best. What I'm worried about is that you can jump weight "classes" with armor looming.

Meaning, if you loom medium armor you become heavy armor with medium armor penalties. If you loom heavy, you become heaviest armor with heavy armor penalties. Add gloves to that, which are of neglectable weight (0.5 weight gloves +7 armor loom = lol)... and have fun playing a fucking tank.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2011, 01:40:03 pm »
I dont see any Problem with that, my Spear pokes their faces nonetheless.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2011, 01:41:25 pm »
Remove it or if you keep it, just change the stat to stop the "lordly" exploit!

Those armors are ugly, this hurts my eyes when i see a weaboo armor with a shield and an axe.

Seriously, this is only armors that doesn't fit in the game ambiance, so remove it or insert others exotic armors like roman, pirates, zulu. We need some justice in armor style, remove all or insert all!!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2011, 01:45:37 pm »
I dont see any Problem with that, my Spear pokes their faces nonetheless.

oh you're right. we should give black armor a over 9000 armor rating.. we just need you to poke their faces.

I agree that Ligth Strange armor loom is exploit at best. What I'm worried about is that you can jump weight "classes" with armor looming.

Meaning, if you loom medium armor you become heavy armor with medium armor penalties. If you loom heavy, you become heaviest armor with heavy armor penalties. Add gloves to that, which are of neglectable weight (0.5 weight gloves +7 armor loom = lol)... and have fun playing a fucking tank.

well after 3 months retiring, you should deserve a +14 armor (12%)  on heavy armor sets (upkeep, weight, and anyway the more and more spam of pierce/blunt is the actual game)

but also, a 12% on medium armors, 12% on light armors. so:

black armor: 60->67
coat of plates: 50->56
light kuyak: 42->47
black lamellar / red tunic: 36->40
studded leather coat: 30->34 (rounded up.. also 33 could work if rounded down).

actual situation:

with a silly +3 light strange armor + +3 plate mittens = 60 armor with retarded upkeep, very light weight. Just think of a 30/9 build with 85hp, 60armor... 8-9 armor weight with 3ath is enough to run comfortably, wpf penalty almost null. GG with a super cheap upkeep 30/9 weaboo+morningstar/great maul even a longsword with 10ps in good hands is something to consider.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:47:47 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2011, 01:56:11 pm »
Corrado, you are exaggerating.Black armor is rarely used because it is too heavy and too ugly.

I meant I have no problem with medium armor haveing the rating of a heavy one, People earned it by looming it, and it really doesnt make ´that kind of a difference if i need to poke them twice or thrice.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2011, 02:14:49 pm »
+1
Having to wear the fugliest armor ingame (the light strange) clearly should have some cons. So what if it's the best armor in the game, it's also the ugliest.

Good looking armor> fugly looking armor with superior stats

AMIRIGHT?
Monkeys!

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2011, 02:21:56 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Light Strange Armor
weight: 6
leg armor: 11

I think a +3 would have 37 body, plus the 17 from lordly plate mits = 54 total not 60...

still ridiculous.

AMIRIGHT?

Yes especially when coupled with one of the turret hats.

Lastly, how come shitty:

Blue Dress
weight: 0.5
body armor: 6
leg armor: 2
price 3,006

costs more than light strange o.O therefore more upkeep for horrendous stats.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:25:54 pm by polkafranzi »

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2011, 02:37:17 pm »
Light Strange Armor
weight: 6
leg armor: 11

I think a +3 would have 37 body, plus the 17 from lordly plate mits = 54 total not 60...

still ridiculous.

i omitted the hand slot part because i thought it could be obviously considered the same... 12% is too low to be worth 3 retirements. (example: plate mittens stock 10 and lordly +11 is just too low) so a fixed 40% bonus for gloves and gauntlets could do (example: plate mittens 10->14, scale gauntlets 8->11, mail mittens 6->9 (rounded up... 8 is too low for 3 retirements).

Having to wear the fugliest armor ingame (the light strange) clearly should have some cons. So what if it's the best armor in the game, it's also the ugliest.

Good looking armor> fugly looking armor with superior stats

AMIRIGHT?

well stats are absolute and not relative to aesthetics... if i like my green rus lamellar cuirass and you don't, doesn't mean it should have good or crap stats because i like it and you don't.

i leave the aesthetic taste out of this... the armor bonus modifications i suggested can be discussed or not. but regarding the light strange armor, it's simply gamebreaking as it is now, for obvious reasons. (weight, upkeep, armor bonus benefit from retirement is too high)

i would not have it removed. fixed stats (like the studded leather coat) could do.

OR we can think to raise the upkeep of retired stuff. by removing the upkeep advantage increasing the base cost of a lordly armor, (example: medium lordly armor with medium upkeep, medium weight but heavy armor rating), we just leave the armor to weight advantage... as it should be IMHO.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:44:36 pm by Corrado_Decimo »