Author Topic: Being a peasant is dicks.  (Read 4885 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Being a peasant is dicks.
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:50:12 pm »
+4
Alright guys, I haven't retired since like. The generation nerf, and don't really intend to anymore (I've got errthing I need).

BUT

I like to dress up as a dirty peasant every now and then to abuse the fact that my character now can run around like a flippin' moron. So I dress up in some nice peasant gear to minimize my speed penalties, then tear around the server looking like every other fighter (or peasant).

Now the problem here is; It's not fighting the enemy I have a problem with. I can take on pretty much any kind of opponent, and I usually lose because I mess up. I don't have a problem with that.

Since I tear around in my teal doom butt armor most of the time, I've gotten used to pretending I'm Sauron and cutting swaths through people.

HOWEVER.

I have a problem in cloth because my crazy teammates keep swinging and smacking me upside the head.

So I need help.

How do I deal with that? How do the agility builds/ light armored people NOT die a horrible death by teammate ? Because whenever I'm in cloth, I find that I consistently take over 50% damage from my teammates during engagements.

Do I back off? What are the general strategies people use when in light armor? Because honestly, I haven't a clue how a balance build fights. When I was agility, I used to cherry pick. When I rolled strength, I play Sauron. Now I'm a more balanced build, and I don't know where the happy medium is.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks!

Edit: tl;dr --> how2notdieby teammate
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:08:50 pm by Dexxtaa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Being a peasant is dicks.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:55:55 pm »
Well best thing to do in this case is avoid zergs. With balance or even STR build and light armor you're fast enough to be able to pick your own fights. Just run around, keep away from ranged and group fights, find stragglers and annoy/kill them. That's how I played when I played two whole generations in peasant gear (military scythe and tabard armor (+14 body)).

Offline Raki

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Teresa
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 05:16:44 pm »
Well, what I always try to do is "ninja-ing". Basically, you stay the hell out of the way of your team, because the main difference between your team and your enemies is that you're not supposed to kill them. Chop down a few people on the opposite team's flanks and maybe even charge into the rear of the enemy main group.

There's a small catch though. If the enemy horse archers/xbow"men" happen to go the same way, you're screwed.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 06:29:24 pm »
Backoff when teammates are getting greedy and rushing in for the kills, and look for opportunities when enemies are alone or busy fighting a teammate.

Basically avoid clusterfucks.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:51:37 pm »
+3

Do I back off? What are the general strategies people use when in light armor? Because honestly, I haven't a clue how a balance build fights. When I was agility, I used to cherry pick. When I rolled strength, I play Sauron. Now I'm a more balanced build, and I don't know where the happy medium is.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks!

Edit: tl;dr --> how2notdieby teammate

Good sir, coming from an experienced peasant there is only one course of action. Long peasant polearms. The scythe for example. The reach keeps you far enough away, and god willing, only you will be doing the teamwounding. True peasants have no fear in this, since we know we will most likely just glance off of our armor crutching teammates. God be with you in your peasant fights.

The Free Peasants of Fisdnar Self Proclaimed Leader
 -Arys Oakheart

Offline Kabookie

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kabookieson
  • Game nicks: Kabookie
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 09:47:31 pm »
My shield helps greatly! It is kind of fun just distracting enemy while teammates hack away or shoot them.
It takes skill to not get hit by your team mates :rolleyes:

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 01:24:13 am »
Hey hey! Us archers feel the wrath of teammates as well in our light armor. Just earlier today I was dropped from 100% health to 10% or less by teammates "trying to help." Yes I saw that full plate guy moving at the speed of smell head toward me...NO i do not need help running a small distance to avoid him. We all know it's even worse if we dare try and fight him, I for one know I wouldn't have made it out alive. Thanks teammates!

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 02:58:45 am »
You need to get away from your team. Flank and carry some anti cav. Jarids or bamboo. Pick off archers by dodging arrows and sneaking. :) u have to dodge good though, try to move forwards while trying to be truly random in your dodging.

Just dont get involved in the clusterfucks. :)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 02:57:38 pm »
Get in, hit, and dance out.

With "get in" I mean get in the fights lookng like they aren´t decided.For example: If your and the enemys team main Blocks crush together, get in, poke a Enemy from the side or the back while he is fighting a mate, then dance away.Stay the fuck away from Ganking and you will be fine.I rarely get hit by teammates with my Ragged outfit and Boar Spear.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 03:11:02 pm »
When you're a peasant, feign fight by swinging once at a crowd and deliberately die - rinse and repeat till you level upto the approperiate level.

Works for me everytime, when I die I just go and watch youtube videos or read.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 03:17:07 pm »
When you're a peasant, feign fight by swinging once at a crowd and deliberately die - rinse and repeat till you level upto the approperiate level.

Works for me everytime, when I die I just go and watch youtube videos or read.
Read the original post. Would help a lot.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 05:14:28 pm »
Yes, that would help alot.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 10:50:25 am »
DONT ZERG? BUT HOW WILL DEX GANK PEOPLE WITH A PIKE IN 5v1S THAT WAY?!?!?!? THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY

HEH

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 04:48:09 pm »
DONT ZERG? BUT HOW WILL DEX GANK PEOPLE WITH A PIKE IN 5v1S THAT WAY?!?!?!? THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY

HEH

LOL. Thanks for trying to play as a fellow human Dex!! :D

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »
+1
what Thomek said

don't go with the main crowed, flanking for the win, ninja style if your mind is your shield, if like in my case tehre is no mind use a shield :)

but if you go with the main crowd, wait in 2nd/3rd line for those who brake through, stick around corners wait for some flankers to show up
that way the heavy hitters/spammers can kill each other and those who make it through and are most likely scratched already you finish off(beware the master of backstabs the cav)

play range protector(anti cav anti flanker)

edit: this is ment to be for battle servers, on siege carry ladders and look for spots where noone else is there
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:37:14 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future