Author Topic: Only 80 people on EU 1, prime time  (Read 9964 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Only 80 people on EU 1, prime time
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2011, 05:22:54 pm »
Yes, that's what I mean, it doesn't really make sense. You can't translate game-time like that, otherwise it takes you an hour to move one meter or swing your sword.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Miranda

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Jeannie_d_Arc, GK_Kira_Rayl, Miranda
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2011, 06:54:45 pm »
Skyrim is to blame for my absense aswell.... But i will be back to C-RPG for sure!

The problem is that i bought Skyrim with not such high expectations because i never played an The Elder Scrolls game before. Installed it, loaded it up and was like WTF?! This game is freaking awesome!  :shock:

So now im addicted....  :oops:

Will be back later lol.  :D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:57:11 pm by Miranda »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 743
  • Infamy: 2316
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2011, 07:19:56 pm »
Oh yeah, i noticed rivers have currents? Or was it something else :P

Yep, I think it's the first game with that feature. I'm not sure does it works on inanimate object but dead animal bodies do flow downwards.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:34:26 pm by Leshma »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2011, 07:28:16 pm »
it does, if you go into a fast flowing river you'll have to fight the current.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2361
  • Infamy: 2498
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »
I'd actually like to have an hardcore immersion mod. Not everyone's thing but I'd love it. It would include:

- removal of fast travel
- need to eat, drink and sleep, maybe accelerated by activity such as fighting (after clearing a dungeon one should be tired)
- in return getting rid of time compression or at least nerfing it
- making crafting and enchanting gains more difficult at higher levels, for example not improving with crafting cheap ass iron daggers after a certain point(with that an aspiring crafter would have to hunt for rare materials to reach master level)
- giving each material strengths and weaknesses to make item choice less linear

1) yeah, fast travek sucks balls, strider taxi's in morrowind were cool tho
2) new vegas has it but they spent like 20 minutes on that part of the game so you get hungry and thirsty too often and it's totally unrealistic. needs to be simulated properly or not at all
3) time compression should be 10 min IRL - 1 hour in game or 1:6 ratio, without time compression game would suck
4) i like the variety of items you can make but i don't like the way you make stuff, it's the same as in gothic. blueprints, with option of creating your own design, making process shouldn't be automated, real smithing simulation would be cool (for example not heating enough the steel would result in fail, just like fuck-up at any other stage)
5) that's good idea but only if they don't let either you or fasader to "balance" strengths and weaknesses...

i) and a lot more

But as Gnjus said BethSoft ain't gonna do it. And moders usually leave things unfinished or badly implemented.

@Gnjus

Even if I had time or knowledge to make the game of my dreams, why should I do it? It won't be financial success and I won't enjoy because I already know everything about it...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:34:56 pm by Leshma »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1008
  • Infamy: 404
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2011, 07:49:17 pm »
+4
I forgot to reply to mister "I'm 18 and I know it all":

Maybe you won't play such complex and dynamic game (although I know that you're full of shit and that you would enjoy it just as I would). But Minecraft and similar games show us that people who play on PC love realistic games. Before Minecraft and Terraria who could tell that people want TO DIG in virtual world? Something most of us aren't willing to do unless forced to.

People like to dig in those games because that's something we haven't yet seen in games but it's familiar to us.  Same goes to other aspects of RL which haven't been properly exploited in games. People like battlefied games because it's a good online FPS game but they also love destruction. People played that stupid digging simulator on Mars called Red Faction.

People love realistic and complex games, it's just that lazy devs want a fast buck and therefore make up shit how people don't want to think much while playing games, how Gears of War is perfect game and crap like that.

Game doesn't have to be realistic in a sense that it follows all the laws we have in RL. It can be put into alternate universe where everything is different to what we're used to but it HAS TO BE EXPLAINED to us why things work like that, in a way we can understand it. So no more stupid stories like, vampires are pale, teenage kids who can't die and glow in the sunlight... everything has to be explained, to have some basis, and it's best if the method used for explanation is similar to scientific method.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:50:58 pm by Leshma »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2011, 11:31:16 pm »
Be glad that the player count is dropping, it's almost like the old times where you knew all 50 active players. Smaller community is generally cooler. Which is a big part of what I like about cRPG. Playing against the same people, shittalk at them in chat. Hunt them. Sit on ts with them. Something which for example BF3 lacks for me. I only play it whenever I have a few friends to play it with.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2011, 06:53:26 am »
Maybe you won't play such complex and dynamic game (although I know that you're full of shit and that you would enjoy it just as I would).

Ok.  31.  Your game still sounds like suck to me.  Why on earth would I want to play some tedious, repeat: TEDIOUS, LIFE SIMULATOR.  I already live one life that is filled with tedious necessities.  Why would I want to torture myself with spending my free time on another tedious life, that doesn't even benefit my real life in any way?

Oh, there's a small niche crowd like you that would enjoy it sure (the term masochist comes to mind) but that's it.  Small.  Niche.  Crowd.

Only way that would even remotely be fun would be with Matrix style technology, and even then I would want respawning and a bunch of the tedium removed.  Like having to use the bathroom.  Or eating.  Or sleeping.  You know how much life you lose sleeping?  Yeah.  Fuck that shit.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2011, 03:57:49 pm »
Been experiencing the same thing. I had to take a long break, i left cRPG when there was at least 100+ people playing.. even outside prime-times. No that i am back i have seen fewer people playing, Skyrim is a factor ofcourse. But even few days before Skyrim less people where playing.

What im seeing ingame, is that people tend to play cRPG more casual now. Hardly any leet-speech or players in competitve mode, or grinding there ass off.

Like 50-60players on EU1, 20-30 players on EU2. EU3 is empty

Dead Mod, Mod is Dying
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:00:56 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2011, 04:03:31 pm »
+1
The At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. talk has been around since i started playing ( around a year ago ) and the devs point at their statistic say that the player base has either grown or is stable atm. Its just all the new releases, nothing more.

Now how many people will come back to crpg that remains to be seen. Imo it will live on untill m&b 2 maybe even after that if chadz decides not to port it
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:11:07 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2011, 04:06:04 pm »
Well I still come on the forums and irc occasionally, if only to talk about Skyrim with other cRPG players XD. I'll quite probably get bored of it eventually. No matter how cool and expansive the world, it's still a singleplayer game. Let's just hope no awesome mods come out for a while though.

Offline Nurax

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Blah...
  • Game nicks: Hiragano
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2011, 05:28:24 pm »
Who's Panos? :O

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2011, 07:48:01 pm »
Been experiencing the same thing. I had to take a long break, i left cRPG when there was at least 100+ people playing.. even outside prime-times. No that i am back i have seen fewer people playing, Skyrim is a factor ofcourse. But even few days before Skyrim less people where playing.

What im seeing ingame, is that people tend to play cRPG more casual now. Hardly any leet-speech or players in competitve mode, or grinding there ass off.

Like 50-60players on EU1, 20-30 players on EU2. EU3 is empty

Dead Mod, Mod is Dying

It happened suddenly. Several days ago number of players decreased dramatically. Around the same time Panos was banned. Coincidence?
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2011, 08:20:24 pm »
It happened suddenly. Several days ago number of players decreased dramatically. Around the same time Panos was banned. Coincidence?

I smell a mystery...Panos followers reunite and flood the servers  :mrgreen:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2011, 08:12:55 am »
Ok.  31.  Your game still sounds like suck to me.  Why on earth would I want to play some tedious, repeat: TEDIOUS, LIFE SIMULATOR.  I already live one life that is filled with tedious necessities.  Why would I want to torture myself with spending my free time on another tedious life, that doesn't even benefit my real life in any way?

Oh, there's a small niche crowd like you that would enjoy it sure (the term masochist comes to mind) but that's it.  Small.  Niche.  Crowd.

Only way that would even remotely be fun would be with Matrix style technology, and even then I would want respawning and a bunch of the tedium removed.  Like having to use the bathroom.  Or eating.  Or sleeping.  You know how much life you lose sleeping?  Yeah.  Fuck that shit.

It's all SheoGorath's fault. Nuffen said.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.