Author Topic: Only 80 people on EU 1, prime time  (Read 9976 times)

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Re: Only 80 people on EU 1, prime time
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2011, 02:19:44 pm »
One big thing i have noticed on the TES serie.
The game has come a lot easier since morrowind and it is weakening the fun to play it.
i.e. with options to take quest pointers out from the game would add a lot for it.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2011, 02:46:25 pm »
Fuck you all with Skyrim talk! Thread is not about that.

Is this mod dead or what?

Are the gods punishing cRPG for permabanning Panos?

I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2011, 03:02:50 pm »
One big thing i have noticed on the TES serie.
The game has come a lot easier since morrowind and it is weakening the fun to play it.
i.e. with options to take quest pointers out from the game would add a lot for it.

Lol ill never forget taking High Elf and starting with heavy armour and longsword. Trying to kill just a mudcrab was an effort lol...

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2011, 03:20:58 pm »
You can turn off the active quest and you won't get the pointers.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline sharker807

• Dumbass of the Year 2013
  • Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: sir_custard_chucker
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2011, 03:25:24 pm »
+3
this mod ended when they just nerfed everything to much, it's just got boring, bring the old style crpg from 2010

Offline Wildling

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2011, 07:14:46 pm »
Stopped playing after the last patch. Couldn't bother with all the nerfes, really. Before that, I played 24/7, it fucking rocked. Sadly, I doubt they'll change anything.

Offline HuskerRall

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2011, 07:54:12 pm »
talking bout Skyrim eh?

I can't help but notice, how the gameplay is console-dumbdown

With all the cool graphics, and big budget and +2 year develop, couldn't they take the combat melee mechanics of MB:WB?

seriously is this mod dead? NA player here, only 50+ on battle and siege is deserted WTF!  and I just got another WB key for my brother ..sigh..

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1153
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2011, 08:02:42 pm »
+1
You can turn off the active quest and you won't get the pointers.

Yes you can, but game is still easy.

I always liked realistic games and realistic RPGs are my favourite. That's why I like games made by Piranha Bytes and BethSoft the most.

Skyrim imho is as good as patched Gothic 3 (really good game by todays standards) but I would like something more realistic.

For example, I would like to play RPG without journal, inventory, hp bar, char indicators and without hints. Also quests will have to be non-linear and completely independent of my actions or presence (no silly switches when my char get near). Also dialogs would have to be like in those textual adventures where you type the questions and get the answers (most kids nowadays wouldn't be able get any info at all).

In short: you can't carry more than 40/60/80 kilos and run, without bags you can't do anything else while carrying stuff, you manually put stuff into bags you can't fight properly if your limbs are injured (something fallout has but elder scrolls games don't), you have to sleep/eat/drink (unless you have special perk or are an vampire), you don't have automated journal, instead you have to write stuff you think are important, you ask questions you want not the predefined questions, you're leveling in the background and only feedback you will get is from fighting (no stats page) etc.

Now that would be the game I'll willingly waste a quarter of my day. Being 25 years old and someone who's playing actively video games for 14 years, who wasted 3 months of his life on Elder Scrolls III, who saw major improvement in PC graphics both after ESIII and ESIV came out, I must say that Skyrim is really good game by today's standards.

But actually for me, it's the game which belongs to the past and I'm again saddened that 10 years has passed and nothing worth of mention has happened in gaming industry.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2011, 08:03:16 pm »
Lol ill never forget taking High Elf and starting with heavy armour and longsword. Trying to kill just a mudcrab was an effort lol...

I decided not to waste 60 bucks and just started playing Morrowind again after several years.  So much fun.  I was getting my ass kicked by rats at the beginning.  The world was so much more immersive and with a depth of story, more similar to the 2nd one - Daggerfall, than oblivion (couldn't even get past halfway without being bored out of my mind).  Morrowind is probably only 5 bucks used now for those of you on a budget and if you have never played, probably a  far better game than what is coming out now.  Graphics were plenty good then and time was actually taken to develop a real story.

Leshma - get a dos emulator, find the game "Darklands" in abandonware website and you will have found exactly what you are looking for (might like "Betrayal at Krondor" too).  I go back and play great games like that and the gold box games from the early 1990s all the time, so much more fun than most graphics-dependent games that have the writing and story of a tv sitcom.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:06:14 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2011, 08:07:25 pm »
bla, bla, bla

You're living in dreams.  :)

I had these exact thoughts (a bit extended) some years ago but i realized it's not gonna happen anytime soon. We'd all make great "game developers" in theoretical part but when it comes to actually getting it done........we fail.
(click to show/hide)
  :)
(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 08:22:33 pm »
You're living in dreams.  :)

I had these exact thoughts (a bit extended) some years ago but i realized it's not gonna happen anytime soon. We'd all make great "game developers" in theoretical part but when it comes to actually getting it done........we fail.
(click to show/hide)
  :)
(click to show/hide)

Greedy?

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2011, 08:34:46 pm »
Leshma - get a dos emulator, find the game "Darklands" in abandonware website and you will have found exactly what you are looking for (might like "Betrayal at Krondor" too).  I go back and play great games like that and the gold box games from the early 1990s all the time, so much more fun than most graphics-dependent games that have the writing and story of a tv sitcom.

Never got that running, but I played "Return to Krondor" more than just once, though it's not very open world.
määääääääääh!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »
Never got that running, but I played "Return to Krondor" more than just once, though it's not very open world.

No, no, no.  Return to Krondor was shit, linear, graphic driven game for its time.  It tried to get the same following as the original, but never even came close, which was a wide-open, non-linear world with a massive amount of story behind it (I think it probably outsold its sequel, it was one of the top games of 1995).

You just have to get Dosbox emulator and you can run any of these games.  Just download it from an abandonware site for free.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2011, 09:45:57 pm »
Yes you can, but game is still easy.

I always liked realistic games and realistic RPGs are my favourite. That's why I like games made by Piranha Bytes and BethSoft the most.

Skyrim imho is as good as patched Gothic 3 (really good game by todays standards) but I would like something more realistic.

For example, I would like to play RPG without journal, inventory, hp bar, char indicators and without hints. Also quests will have to be non-linear and completely independent of my actions or presence (no silly switches when my char get near). Also dialogs would have to be like in those textual adventures where you type the questions and get the answers (most kids nowadays wouldn't be able get any info at all).

In short: you can't carry more than 40/60/80 kilos and run, without bags you can't do anything else while carrying stuff, you manually put stuff into bags you can't fight properly if your limbs are injured (something fallout has but elder scrolls games don't), you have to sleep/eat/drink (unless you have special perk or are an vampire), you don't have automated journal, instead you have to write stuff you think are important, you ask questions you want not the predefined questions, you're leveling in the background and only feedback you will get is from fighting (no stats page) etc.

Now that would be the game I'll willingly waste a quarter of my day. Being 25 years old and someone who's playing actively video games for 14 years, who wasted 3 months of his life on Elder Scrolls III, who saw major improvement in PC graphics both after ESIII and ESIV came out, I must say that Skyrim is really good game by today's standards.

But actually for me, it's the game which belongs to the past and I'm again saddened that 10 years has passed and nothing worth of mention has happened in gaming industry.

A game like that wouldn't sell and most of us would find that horribly boring. Why don't you just "house-rule" those things? Most of what you say can be achieved in Skyrim, you just self-enforce it.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2011, 10:20:23 pm »
I can't play Skyrim mainly because I've finished Morrowind fully (100%, every single quest done). When Oblivion came out, I've tried it, finished the main story but couldn't bother to finish it because the game was poorly designed (no adventuring at all...) and I got sick of Bethesda quests. Then I've played Fallouts and again those BethSoft quests again (but game was fun to explore). After that I've finally picked Gothic 3 with community patch and was stunned how better it is than Oblivion. It's epic game for adventurers because of three completely different regions (like in Morrowind).

Now there is Skyrim which is basically Morrowind with some features taken out, some new features, same ol' BethSoft quests and a lot of snowy mountains. If anyone can tell me that I'll find some city or place or anything that doesn't look like the first 3 starting towns I'll continue playing for the sake of adventuring. But finishing crappy BS main quest and silly side quests isn't my cup of tea anymore.

I like your taste. Morrowind is by far the most interesting game I've ever played. Gothic 1-2 is my all time favorite in terms of story and roughness, oh those great characters, I fuckin love them! I would like to be able to play the first two gothics on my win7 pc again ... bad windows ... Gothic 3 with packs is still enjoyable but I'd like if it would have had a more believable storyline, and a middleway alternative to rebels and bad guys - no more mercenaries? wtf ... but it's still Piranha Bytes humor :D

If you like something exciting and hard I can recommend S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Maybe Metro 2033, but I didn't play it yet) - it's pretty rough to get along with all the mutants and guys and with few ammo and health stuff. stuff is heavy, wounds are bad, discovering things is fun, atmosphere is the thickest I've seen in a shooter until now, soundtrack is creepy, graphics is well enough. call of prypiat is the latest one with the fewest issues. also story is told well and interesting. I can speak for CoP and SoC only though.

Did I mention I'll make games one day? I am working hard on it, I study. I tried to suggest a more realistic design of cRPG ... you may have read the comments ... you see: people are not up for it.
To speak professional: games play in virtual reality and that encourages fiction. fiction is most likely opposed to realism. I don't see a killer argument in this (realism in games), because it's not wrong to connect playing and gaming with the real world in narration. Not wrong at all - but it's not a simple game anymore - it's more like, yeah, virtual reality. not simply entertaining: more like semi-living, trial-and-error-learning, interactive art.

A game like that wouldn't sell and most of us would find that horribly boring. Why don't you just "house-rule" those things? Most of what you say can be achieved in Skyrim, you just self-enforce it.

Yeah, make your own mod. Can't be that hard :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:22:56 pm by Kajia »

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)