Author Topic: 2H vs Polearm  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2762
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: 2H vs Polearm
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 01:50:27 pm »
Not as easy as polearms glance that's what I was trying to say.

(I'm sure you know 2h swinging downwards to the feet nulifies most chance of glances in close quarters.)

When was the last time you played c-rpg?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 01:52:04 pm »
+1
Not as easy as polearms glance that's what I was trying to say.

(I'm sure you know 2h swinging downwards to the feet nulifies most chance of glances in close quarters.)

Poles can do the same, just as poles can hiltslash too.

Also, swinging downwards today means there's a good chance to hit the floor before you connect with the enemy :D

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »
So your saying that 2h glance as much as polearms? (Talking to leshma)

Polearms get stuck much much much easier because of their animations.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 02:23:07 pm »
Polearm stabs never glance at all. Also they got better damage, range and weight.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 02:31:29 pm »
Polearm stabs never glance at all. Also they got better damage, range and weight.

bullshit it glances all the time, if its face hug range.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 02:47:00 pm »
bullshit it glances all the time, if its face hug range.
Don't mind Blackmilk, I forgot to give him his drugs.

@OP: 2h do the most damage, got better animations and glance the least. Poles are (usually) longer, can stop horses and got some "special" weapons (lances, pikes etc), while 2h got the best "1 weapon for everything", swords, and the best mauls. Also some low tier axes, but they are nothing special.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 02:56:04 pm »
@OP: 2h do the most damage, got better animations and glance the least. Poles are (usually) longer, can stop horses and got some "special" weapons (lances, pikes etc), while 2h got the best "1 weapon for everything", swords, and the best mauls. Also some low tier axes, but they are nothing special.

2h do the most damage? Poleaxe stab? Bec de corbin? Great Long Axe?
wat

Also best mauls? What's wrong with Long Maul? It's incredible for battle due to range.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:57:38 pm by Vibe »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »
wat

Also best mauls? What's wrong with Long Maul? It's incredible for battle due to range.
The long maul is the most specialized of the mauls. You need much more PS (and STR) to crush with it. It's also slower. It's not that it is a bad maul, but unlike the great maul, you need a maul build to be able to use it. Any 21+ str build can take a great maul and use it properly, while with the long maul you can't. Still a nice maul, though, but having one, very specialized maul, is not as good as the more choices the 2h mauls gives together with the fact you don't have to have a maul build.

And yes, the 2hs have the most damaging weapons. The only exceptions are on the stabs, which polearms wins. But 2handers do the most swing damage in ALL damage type categories. Don't believe me? Ok, read the spoilers.

First of all, Pierce:
(click to show/hide)

Secondly, cut:
(click to show/hide)

Finnaly, blunt:
(click to show/hide)

So don't come here and tell me that 2handers don't do the most damage.'

PS: And 1handers? They don't even HAVE a high damage weapon. The highest damaging weapons are the 35 cut Broad One Handed Axe, the 31 blunt Warhammer and the 32 pierce steel pick. Not saying any of them are bad, but for dealing damage? Not even close to what 2h (and poles) can deal. Totally fine, btw, apart from the silly glances.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 03:50:30 pm »
wat

Two-handed weapons do the most damage overall, really. The tradeoff is that they cost a lot of money, with superior animations.

The bec requires you do close into your opponent, blocking about 2 swings before you close to an effective range (assuming the other guy is backing up, which they almost always are, nowadays).

I horse around with the GLA quite a bit, it took me 4 solid strikes to drop Zisa, who runs around in peasant gear with a balance/agi-leaning build.

You have me at poleaxe xD But that's really just one weapon I can think of, animations offset the damage by being retarded easy to read though.

Long mauls don't crush as often as the great maul, even with high strength. While the great maul consistently crushes shields, I rarely see the long maul crush. Not that it's really a problem, given its reach.

Polearm stabs don't glance often because the animation brings the weapon point back behind the person.

Two-handed stabs have the point of the weapon (usually a larger two handed weapon) in front of the person, so if you're too close, the stab doesn't go through and ends with a glance.

Also, take away 21 points of length for every polearm. Animations have the fighter holding the weapon kind of in the middle of the weapon, not the end which is what the two-handed weapons get.

Weight varies, to be honest, I don't see any significant deficit in two-handed weapons.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »
+1
when i was starting out, i was deciding whether to heirloom the Persian War Axe (the one with 45 cut) or the GLA. I chose the GLA only because it was balanced, but the PWA is freaking amazing for it's price. I don't really see 2h being noticably worse or better than polearms overall, it still depends entirely on the skill of the person rather than the weapon.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 04:12:37 pm »
I don't really see 2h being noticably worse or better than polearms overall, it still depends entirely on the skill of the person rather than the weapon.

BAM

Lock the thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 07:25:49 pm »
The long maul is the most specialized of the mauls. You need much more PS (and STR) to crush with it. It's also slower. It's not that it is a bad maul, but unlike the great maul, you need a maul build to be able to use it. Any 21+ str build can take a great maul and use it properly, while with the long maul you can't. Still a nice maul, though, but having one, very specialized maul, is not as good as the more choices the 2h mauls gives together with the fact you don't have to have a maul build.

And yes, the 2hs have the most damaging weapons. The only exceptions are on the stabs, which polearms wins. But 2handers do the most swing damage in ALL damage type categories. Don't believe me? Ok, read the spoilers.

First of all, Pierce:
(click to show/hide)

Secondly, cut:
(click to show/hide)

Finnaly, blunt:
(click to show/hide)

So don't come here and tell me that 2handers don't do the most damage.'

PS: And 1handers? They don't even HAVE a high damage weapon. The highest damaging weapons are the 35 cut Broad One Handed Axe, the 31 blunt Warhammer and the 32 pierce steel pick. Not saying any of them are bad, but for dealing damage? Not even close to what 2h (and poles) can deal. Totally fine, btw, apart from the silly glances.

I guess 2h do have the most damage, if you're nitpicking. I believe they're quite balanced damage wise.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 08:14:33 pm »
Exactly what I experienced.

A twohand stab glances 80% of the time when you not spin it. Only at a small deviation of optimal range it hits. At facehug range a polearm still goes right through me most of the time when the user is moving forward.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 09:25:06 pm »
+2
OP do not listen to all these scrubs.
Numbers are only useful when comparing like weapons - i.e. 2h v 2h.

Polearms - easier.
2h - more fun.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1526
  • Infamy: 2091
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar