Author Topic: Head Shots Need to Be Re-Balanced.  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Celduin_Nienna

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None.
  • Game nicks: Battle_Angel_Arqa
Head Shots Need to Be Re-Balanced.
« on: November 13, 2011, 08:34:32 am »
Head Shots from ranged weapons need to be looked at and rebalanced.

I am not an expert on this but this is my experience.

My character with 30 Strength and 10 Iron Flesh and a Great Helmet (53 Head Armour) routinely gets 1 Shot Killed by ranged weapon shots to the head.

Yet, a 8-10 Power Strike melee combatant with a Great Long Axe who wacks me directly to the head will on average only take 50% of my health.

This is wrong, and unbalanced and needs to be changed.

I am not against Head Shots, and dont think they need to be removed. But they need to take serious account of the Head Armour Value of the person helmet, which at present I do not believe they are doing. Because at the moment it seems that Range Weapon shots to the head completely ignore head armour and this wrong.

My suggestions is that the Head Armour value of the Helmet should give a Percentage Chance to completely negate the head shot. For example a Great Helmet would give a 53% chance to negate incoming head shots from range weapons, and the attack would deal damage normally, as any other weapon attack to the head.

What are other peoples ideas / feelings about this matter?

I just see Head shots happening far far too frequently on people wearing the heaviest helmets. They should be a fairly rare "Lucky shot" and head armour should give a chance to survive them.

Also could any Dev give me a detailed description of how head shots damage is calculated, and whether or not Head Armour does actually make any difference to them at all?

Thanks for reading! 

A sword has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Head Shots Need to Be Re-Balanced.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 08:44:06 am »
the dmg is fine, its the dmg is determined by arrow instead of bow.  these stupid bows besides longbow shouldnt be doing pierce dmg.  otherwise change the values vs ranged to the same that melee use to stop these ridiculous dmg from ranged

Offline Celduin_Nienna

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None.
  • Game nicks: Battle_Angel_Arqa
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:56:51 am »
So my question is - Why can an Arrow to the head frequently One Shot a 10 Iron Flesh Character with a Helmet, but a Great Axe slash to the head never does?

It doesn't  make sense.
A sword has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:06:20 am »
+5
For starters, it is substantially harder to do so thus it gives a greater reward. My shielder does two thirds of his blows to the head because it is child's play.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 10:21:07 am »
from personal experience i can tell you that a 10 PS GLA headshot most likely will one hit you. Especially if held

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 01:09:05 pm »
When I flew around with 27/12 build with 48 head armour and 9 IF I often survived headshots. Remember, the bolts/arrows almost never hangs from your head, only when they take like 95 % of your health, so you'll have to notive a headshot some other way (neck movement, bloody head with high damage etc.)

A few days ago I saw Dado the horse archer surviving a headshot from MW Arbalest and MW Steel Bolts from DaveUKR, and that's by far the most high-damaging headshot you can get. Dado had 52 head armour and 4 IF, iirc, though the distance was significant

Also, me surviving a headshot from Ronald's MW Arbalest and MW Steel Bolts at low/medium range:

(click to show/hide)

I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 01:18:17 pm »
NO !

I have 8 Power Draw, +3 Bodkin, +3 Horn (Its too high damage for archers) and cant kill tincans with 2 head shot, its need 3 shot. Its become zombie killer game... Do u want still fight after lose you head, like zombie ?

Use this helmet, i shot him eye but he's still life...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Devs : Stop nerfing archery, already 10 time nerfed and HA removed. Please open a "no ranged server". Or nerf but give free respec, im lvl 33.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:27:18 pm by OttomanSniper »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2214
  • Infamy: 1837
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 02:33:40 pm »
When I flew around with 27/12 build with 48 head armour and 9 IF I often survived headshots. Remember, the bolts/arrows almost never hangs from your head, only when they take like 95 % of your health, so you'll have to notive a headshot some other way (neck movement, bloody head with high damage etc.)

A few days ago I saw Dado the horse archer surviving a headshot from MW Arbalest and MW Steel Bolts from DaveUKR, and that's by far the most high-damaging headshot you can get. Dado had 52 head armour and 4 IF, iirc, though the distance was significant

Also, me surviving a headshot from Ronald's MW Arbalest and MW Steel Bolts at low/medium range:

(click to show/hide)

From my experience, when you take the headshot, bolt/arrow never shows on your head. Instead your face gets exceptionally bloody. Are you sure that's a headshot in your screen and not a neck (body shot)?

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 03:14:25 pm »
Devs : Stop nerfing archery, already 10 time nerfed and HA removed.

I dont know for sure but wasnt the last one a buff?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 03:21:52 pm »
From my experience, when you take the headshot, bolt/arrow never shows on your head. Instead your face gets exceptionally bloody. Are you sure that's a headshot in your screen and not a neck (body shot)?

Can show when the shot brings you down to like 1-2 hp. It's happened in native, and happened here. Also, that shot wasn't taken from an angle either, so it hit where it's placed, right in the eye. Also, an arbalest shot in the body would not take all hp bar on a 27/12 build with 9 IF and 60 body armour. :wink:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 04:36:49 pm »
+2
So my question is - Why can an Arrow to the head frequently One Shot a 10 Iron Flesh Character with a Helmet, but a Great Axe slash to the head never does?

It doesn't  make sense.

You're full of it. My 5 PS 15 str archer routinely One shots to the head with my Iberian Mace. Here's what is likely, you THINK you hit them in the head. You didn't.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 05:45:02 pm »
and cant kill tincans with 2 head shot, its need 3 shot.

Lies and bullshit.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 06:31:45 pm »
Pierce head damage > cut head damage

That's why it seems that ranged do more damage on headshot.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 06:39:18 pm »
Pierce head damage > cut head damage

Urban legend.

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 06:45:36 pm »
The damage to heads is just fine.
I have 10PD + 150wpf + mw-longbow + mw-bodkins and I deal 102 pierce.
For a while ago a tincan with a good helmet surived a headshot from a distance of 3 meters :!:
(And it wasn't rainig)

So I think there is no need to rebalance headshots.

The only bodypart which needs a rebalance is the hand.
I made a test with a player with 18str and light-medium armor
and I shot him in the chest and hand from a distance of 3-4 meters.
He allways survied a shot to the chest, but he died from 1 arrow to the hand :!:

The hand needs to be rebalanced and not the head.