Author Topic: BEWARE DRZ's free trading zone  (Read 4322 times)

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: BEWARE DRZ's free trading zone
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »
There goes the independent trader, squeezed to death by the greedy robber barons.  The end result will be fiefs with no occupants other than the clans that own them.  Then they can just charge themselves high taxes.  That's a good zero sum game.

Yes this is my fear, I considered locking this post, but I left it open for discussions like this.  But, can we put enough pressure on them (them not being DRZ alone) to make change. 

An invite to one's house generally means you will not be unjustly charged upon entering, leaving, or your pocketbook will not be picked while there.  In this case traders were welcomed with; FREE, FREE, FREE nothing has changed but one village and then it is only the tax.  Deceitful??? Misleading???  or Just business??? 

This being a free market, I warned my friends and the strat world of the charges.  This now, hopefully, pressures others who choose to charge such a high fee to reconsider their trade plans.  If you don't want people in your fiefs crafting, state that or don't welcome them.  I chose to go elsewhere because why should I trade and give my tax money to a trader that truly doesn't wish to welcome me.  I am a cash cow and I choose where I get slaughtered (generally :D.)  Remember, the trader's fees and taxes paid help the landowner wage war somewhere, so in the end the trader must support those that are trade friendly or risk losing his/her livelihood..

Nebun was very polite, as always, and hinted in the post that he may have refunded my gold if I had responded that I wanted such.  I immedialtly closed that line of communication, the refund does not concern me.  The long term vitality/viability of independent trading does.  A refund is selling out and it leaves all other traders vulnerable. 

For those that really want to know, I lost $1400 gold, 16 troops, and had to sell some, now unused/unneeded, armor to empty that crate (for the speed advantage.)  I had seriously upgraded, buying a lot of new supplies, shortly before sending my toon to the fief or it could have been worse.

In my travels I have found FCC to be the most friendly towards traders followed by mercs (but be careful Merc land is bandit heavy; both north and south) , many clans I have contacted and found them to be very friendly, I have yet to visit their lands to confirm thier fees as I have been very happy with FCC.  This statement does not include those with Ai owned claims so please don't get upset...just lands that are actively held.

I hold no grudges, it was clearly posted in screen if I had looked, I should have checked and didn't, granted I trusted and even though I never dreamed it would be something like 100 gold/hr it was still my responsibility.  I'm not accusing DRZ of scamming or anything similar to that, I do accuse them of price gouging and I will boycott them as i will all who choose to destroy free trade.

Let this thread become an attack on high fees and not DRZ alone!!!  If I wanted this to simply be a he lied to me, wahwahwah!!!!!!, post I would have taken the refund and ran.  These type of gouging practices have to stop.

5-10 gold visiting fee is reasonable, 1 gold is very reasonable :D  100 gold...well........................

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 09:22:55 pm »
Bullshit you say?

Tricking people with similar words and getting away with it is what you do.

who is the true bandit.

Yes, I say bullshit.  :wink:
Igni et ferro

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 09:32:34 pm »
Yes, I say bullshit.  :wink:

Do something, deny after and say it bullshit when someone tell what you have done.
gj  :wink:

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 09:33:23 pm »
oh my... DRZ are a bunch of neo-liberal free market capitalists!

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 09:49:47 pm »
+1
OMG, SI love youong you are mad
Igni et ferro

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 10:03:22 pm »
Nah i'm just happy i stayed only in cities in your area  :twisted:

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 11:18:39 pm »
lol, people should check themselves when entering a fief that is owned by clans, thats just old common knowledge ^^

count yourself damn lucky, that DRZ wants to refund your loss, not everyone would be willing to do this.

hopefully when all fiefs have been taken, there will be enough clans that will open their villages for a doable fee and tax.
i'm sure that DRZ will also do this on a couple of their fiefs, once they have arranged things for their own people first and have an overview of things, with this many fiefs, it's only logical for extra profit  8-)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:19:56 pm by Bjarky »

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 10:57:54 am »
The problem is also if you travel for a far distant village, you may arrive there during night. So you wont be able to check the fee until next morning, where you already lost a lot of money. Kinda sad.  :|
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 11:14:21 am »
u can always ask a clan about the fee's and taxes beforehand, if it dosn't suit you, u just move to the fief without hitting the enter link or just enter a clanless fief nearby.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2011, 12:50:17 pm »
It was not clear in DRZ's Free area trade post, but that was implied, they didn't try to lure or scam ppl.

Only problem i see, is when you travel at night, so if you want to trade in DRZ area just make your stop only in towns.

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 02:07:10 pm »
Nah i'm just happy i stayed only in cities in your area  :twisted:

:Dlol :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 02:08:35 pm »
In soviet trading zone, DRZ tax u!

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 05:06:04 pm »
u can always ask a clan about the fee's and taxes beforehand, if it dosn't suit you, u just move to the fief without hitting the enter link or just enter a clanless fief nearby.

With puny neutral fief defenses there won't be many clan-less fiefs very soon.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 09:28:38 pm »
With puny neutral fief defenses there won't be many clan-less fiefs very soon.
castles, cities  :wink:

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 06:02:31 pm »
+1
mandible, come to mazigh village please i will refund your money/troops (sorry for delay, its all Skyrim :))) ) (mazigh fee is set to 1 at the moment, so you won't lose anytying there)

1. You don't have to stay in castles in towns if you don't want to. Because in our lands no one will attack you if u outside the fief. If they do, we'll attack them.
2. No one can pressure a faction in lowering visiting fee really, specially if Faction make very little ammount of money on trading tax. We not really bothered if someone sell in our lands right now.

Enjoy whatever we offer now because this may end at some point. If it will have a lot of problems having a free trading area, we may close borders. :)

PS: Unlike FCC we haven't attacked any caravans, who didn't ask for permission to enter our lands. )) We even see one FCC member in middle of our territories doing nothing but spying, and we didn't attack him -- yet-- after all the trolling they been doing here :)
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login