Author Topic: BEWARE DRZ's free trading zone  (Read 4016 times)

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
BEWARE DRZ's free trading zone
« on: November 12, 2011, 07:35:30 pm »
I read the post saying all are free to enter and trade in DRZ lands, and only ayn assaudi had a 5% tax...Well I sent my toon to Sekhtem last night to spend the night and continue to Tamnuh today.

When I sign on today I see all of my gold is gone...its seems the "free land" charges 100 gold an hour to stay and a 5% tax.  Thats cool, I should have stayed up all night to check what the fee was when I entered or checked earlier this morning.  Lesson learned, DRZ enjoy your (my) gold. 

I have no hard feelings against DRZ, but I do want to warn everybody that they charge 100 gold to stay in a fief and more than one fief charges 5% tax (usually 2-3 gold per good or more.)  This is not trader friendly and I wonder just how much gold they have made off with without the trader noticing or how many small independent traders like me they have broke.

I would recommend avoiding this area as it is not only expensive but also attract bandits just outside the boundaries.

p.s. DRZ change your post to reflect the truth!!!  Thank you

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: BEWARE DRZ's free trading zone
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 07:39:39 pm »
+2
come back and trade with the FCC mandible we are the truth
Leader of BS

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 09:28:20 pm »
+1
its seems the "free land" charges 100 gold an hour to stay

:shock:

Offline Sojetsu

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Fogged
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 09:31:26 pm »
+1
free only from bandits, isn't it? lol

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 09:32:26 pm »
+1
Free trading zone means you can sell in our lands, doesn't mean we going to let you craft in our lands, we can't set up low stay fee in fiefs, so we don't ruin our production by hordes of randomers that want to stay in village.

Don't stay in occupied fiefs. If you want to spend a night somewhere use a castle or town, or stay outside fief. If u going to get attacked outside fief, the person who attacked you will be outlawed and attacked by us.

Seriously, we don't care if you come and trade in our land or not, makes no difference to us. Yes all fiefs will have 5% Tax too.

Again: Free trade - means you can sell in our lands, pass through our lands without being attacked by us, and yes we attack bandits who dare to attack caravans in our lands.
Unlike with FCC, you don't have to warn us when you entering out territory, so you wouldn't get attacked by the owners.
Income from 5% tax isn't worth even bothering with keeping bandits off our lands and in comparison to the money we make on our caravans, its practicly 0

How much money did u lose mandible?
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 09:33:32 pm »
Well. mandible, you were just inattentive that lost all your gold on the hourly fee. There are still some villages with very little fee. For example in Aun Assuadi there is only 20 gold per hour. And in Hawaha only 1 (!) gold per hour. And that I suppose temporary.
You just shouldn.t stay in our industrial center and won't lose your gold.
And your review is very unfriendly. Everything can be solved amicably.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:36:02 pm by naduril »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 09:37:18 pm »
+1
Updated rules for FREE trading in my main post.
I hope no one will confuse free trade with free crafting anymore.
when UIF looks at you

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »
Guys understand 1 thing first...I haven't blamed anybody for this, but myself, thus this is not meant to be an "unfriendly" post.  I'm simply informing others my experience before they waste time or gold.  I will recover.  I decided to give DRZ a try, but IMHO there are better, cheaper places to trade.  2nd thing I didn't confuse anything.  It was clearly stated free trading zone...come one come all???  Right???  3rd I was not crafting I was just hanging out so that I knew where my toon was when I got back.

Fact is the post was misleading and the pm I received before entering your lands reads in part "...Druzhina's locations, where prices are high and where you can produce something cheap.
We do not raise taxes, only in 1 village we have 5% tax, and we have low hourly visiting fee."  "produce something cheap" implies crafters welcome, again I wasn't crafting.  "low hourly visiting fee" sure glad you didn't charge me the high hourly visiting fee (the dancing girls weren't that cute.)

Again I BLAME myself, but I do believe the post should reflect the "truth."

By the way, have I mentioned yet that I wasn't crafting, I can't craft because I have a load of goods already.  I was just spending the night (and I mean spending.)  I don't disagree that your have a free trade zone...you did afterall "free" me of my purse (shouldn't I get a speed bonus now that I'm lighter?)  Naw loosing my troops has slowed me down.

Nebun...you asked what I lost.  It was substantial, but I would rather not say because I am not asking for nor do I want a refund or reparations...again it was my fault for not checking after I entered late last night, I was actually already asleep when I entered and didn't sign on until a a couple of hours ago to move.  Your 5% tax would have netted you far more gold in the long run than this cutt-throat visiting fee.  As stated you do not need me, as my trade value is unimportant, so no hard feelings as I now move to other lands.

p.s. I believe every clan offers all neutral traders the opportuntiy to enter their lands for free; to trade.  I believe asking someone to verify who they are is not asking too much.  I am more comfortable asking so that there is no confusion, and I have secured rights across the map this way.  In essence what DRZ has is some derivative of that and not a truly free trade zone.  Free trade zone implies land without tariffs or excise taxes of any sort.

To Naduril;  yes i was inattentive, I never said I wasn't.  I doubt I was in an industrial center though :D you have 2 people crafting there.  Thanks for the costs of some of the other areas...I will choose to move elsewhere to avoid any further surprises though.

The worst of this deal is that I am loosing troops now because I can't pay them, and every troop amounts to 1 hour of my time and a speed nerf.

Bale I will be in your lands shortly...I believe I will have to return to dancing in Huey and Kesh's gay bar to put food on the table for my troops. :D

Offline Sojetsu

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Fogged
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 10:30:23 pm »
if you removing visiting price - ur let neutrals guys use your fiefs as they want. if u'll kick them they will enter again, if u'll attack them - it never can be free trade area

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:45 pm »
+1
As I said before.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 11:35:26 pm »
we will welcome you back whenever you come up this way again.
Leader of BS

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 11:51:25 pm »
I don't remember it saying anywhere in that post that fiefs would not have fees for staying in them.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:56:20 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 12:55:13 am »
+2
I think "Be aware" would be better than "Beware."

"Beware" has negative connotations, implying treachery or banditry.  This is neither, simply something which traders should know about and plan for.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 01:38:13 am »
I don't remember it saying anywhere in that post that fiefs would not have fees for staying in them.

lol       
WWWEEELLLLLLLLL this is strat, not Cuba...so consider my post full disclosure for the masses. what are you charging in your fiefs...sounds like us traders may want to avoid them also??????????   

I will say this one more time for you though...I am not complaining, whining, or demanding my gold/soldiers back.  Those fiefs belong to DRZ, they can charge whatever they want.  I, myself,  went there expecting a reasonable charge (normal is 5 gold), 100 gold is not reasonable and in this strat it can kill an independent.

I, believing in fair and honest trade, have a right/duty to post my experience for others to view.  This post can serve two purposes; First, and foremost, it warns all of my friends and trading partners (without me having to spend the next week sending pms to each) as well as other independent traders, who may think DRZ lands are the holy land of trading, of what to expect.  Second maybe it will put pressure on DRZ to charge a reasonable rate.

Maybe chadz can add some script to show the dynamics of a fief by mousing over it to include sell price, fab, tax, and rent so that we don't have to send 500 pms.

I think "Be aware" would be better than "Beware."

No: I used the right term, BEWARE, for my situation and for the others who have plans and are currently heading that way based on previous information.  I was led to believe something.  Because I believed the information I had, I entered and stayed in this fief without a second thought to the welfare of my gold or soldiers.  I was also apologized to for the "misunderstanding"  (and I believe it was just that.)  As such,I accepted and have NO hard feelings.  Now that it is common knowledge all others should BE AWARE of the policies before planning a trip.

Why do so many of you guys like to pretend you are smarter or more important that the next.  None of you know me and I know none of you.  While you work on your degrees, I won't tell you how many are hanging on my wall.  Because you are pursuing or have earned that piece of paper, it doesn't mean shit in life.  Common sense is king...remember that, and again; COMMON SENSE IS KING.  To each his own.  I'll post what I want so my friends are informed, and AWARE.  Thanks for the input.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 01:46:20 am »
Forgive me, but the tone and the way you wrote your message came off as a bit of a complaint.(BEWARE, etc)

When I sign on today I see all of my gold is gone...its seems the "free land" charges 100 gold an hour to stay and a 5% tax.  Thats cool, I should have stayed up all night to check what the fee was when I entered or checked earlier this morning.  Lesson learned, DRZ enjoy your (my) gold. 

As far as our lands are concerned, that's the business of CHAOS and the people we are currently doing business with. You're more than welcome to come and see for yourself and you're just as welcome to avoid our lands entirely. In any case, here's wishing you safe travels and better trade experiences in the future.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.