Poll

What would you like to see to happen with Poophammer?

Admin removed, account deleted, values donated to help poor donkeys
Admin removed
i myself am a greedy bloodsucker and the world can go down in flames

Author Topic: Poophammer & us  (Read 7550 times)

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
Re: Poophammer & us
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 12:48:49 am »
kinngrim said:
"
I know there are several arguments which would tell me, that is all the guys fault who put it up, maybe, but someone who does not live this game as some of us do, just don't know, just are easy target for guys like Poophammer, who are constantly scanning the market place to strike when someone makes a mistake or just didn't know how the marketplace works, what prices you could expect."
we are not talking about scamming, we are talking about what admins should and should not do.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 12:50:44 am »
+1
This thread will end badly, judging from the posts...

Take it to PMs to the parties involved.

And in the end change what? Nothing, at all, this thread wont change the situation much.. but atleast the people will know about him.. I wish the admins gave a damn...

A while ago I myself messed up with a MW warbow trade, dont remember if I forgot a 0 or if I put in commas, but in the end I got 100k from the trade.... and that guy, Air was actually kind enough to give me my money back.. something I didnt expect at all. Poop will only return an occasional 1+ to clear up his reputation and use it as a counter-argument.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:54:22 am by Mtemtko »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 12:55:03 am »
thats why you don't trade heirlooms for money

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 12:55:11 am »
I wish the admins gave a damn...

I do give a damn and have a very strong opinion about this, I am just not going to open my mouth in the public part of these forums and get whacked for it.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 12:56:08 am »
I do give a damn and have a very strong opinion about this, I am just not going to open my mouth and get whacked for it.

Ah I'm sorry. Should have written: Admins with some actual power or chadz himself.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 12:58:47 am »
+1
Yes poophammer is using every possible error people make  to win money for himself  and  he doesn't  give them bback. But this has nothing to do with ingame admin powers. I've seen many adminns being pricks ingame without abusing  their  admin powers, the market shouldn't be different.

(sorry for the double   n, b  annd  spaces my keyboard is  fucked  up)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 01:00:39 am »
+1
Yes poophammer is using every possible error people make  to win money for himself  and  he doesn't  give them bback. But this has nothing to do with ingame admin powers. I've seen many adminns being pricks ingame without abusing  their  admin powers, the market shouldn't be different.

(sorry for the double   n, b  annd  spaces my keyboard is  fucked  up)
However, NA Admins are held fully responsible for our actions not only in game, but also in the forums, irc and everywhere else.
Take that as you would.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 01:15:51 am »
+3
Anyway, sorry your friend caught a raw deal but it's not as if he was scammed. Poop simply took advantage of a guy not knowing the going rates for heirloomed items. He does that alot but that's not really illegal so he's done nothing wrong.

In this is so much wrong on so many levels, lets see

1. t's not as if he was scammed
so getting 100k instead of 800-1200k depending on what x3 gear is not scamming, i am not a master in english nor in legal terms, but i am pretty sure most legal systems have a term for a trade, where one party out of lack of knowlege gets unbelievable mindboggling undervalued stuff for something good he gives out of his hands.

2. Poop simply took advantage of a guy not knowing the going rates for heirloomed items.
So there is a guy which takes advantage of those who know less, an admin ...

3. He does that alot
I know, everyone knows, that is exactly the point. I only know of this guy because i hear from time to time horror stories and he is rarely on EU Servers anyway.

4. but that's not really illegal so he's done nothing wrong.
Are you for real? Did you loose your moral compass somewhere between smoking too much and shiting your brains out? I was asked to keep this civil, but dude, really? (cmp, sry but this is just too much)

5. Anyway, sorry your friend caught a raw deal but it's not as if he was scammed.
You know with all you wrote afterwards, this is just worth nothing. If i would need pity i would get me a religion and  start believing in supernatural stuff, so get out of my face.

You are an admin too? why?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 01:17:00 am »
+1
guys this is not about NA/EU ffs, this is about a prick who does hurt both sites.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:21:01 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 01:24:30 am »
+2
[5:21 PM] <Tears> Shik, do you have an opinion about the Market "drama" thread?
[5:21 PM] <Shik> I have no opinion
[5:21 PM] <Shik> while poophammer technically did nothing other than exploit the behavior of the naive
[5:22 PM] <Shik> it's still not exactly the best sort of public image
[5:22 PM] <Shik> for an admin
[5:25 PM] <Shik> Tears I don't have an official opinion
[5:25 PM] <Shik> only personal thoughts

Your friend is not getting his heirloom back, and Poophammer stays, in all likelihood.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:29:45 am by Tears of Destiny »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 01:29:19 am »
In this is so much wrong on so many levels, lets see

1. t's not as if he was scammed
so getting 100k instead of 800-1200k depending on what x3 gear is not scamming, i am not a master in english nor in legal terms, but i am pretty sure most legal systems have a term for a trade, where one party out of lack of knowlege gets unbelievable mindboggling undervalued stuff for something good he gives out of his hands.

2. Poop simply took advantage of a guy not knowing the going rates for heirloomed items.
So there is a guy which takes advantage of those who know less, an admin ...

3. He does that alot
I know, everyone knows, that is exactly the point. I only know of this guy because i hear from time to time horror stories and he is rarely on EU Servers anyway.

4. but that's not really illegal so he's done nothing wrong.
Are you for real? Did you loose your moral compass somewhere between smoking too much and shiting your brains out? I was asked to keep this civil, but dude, really? (cmp, sry but this is just too much)

5. Anyway, sorry your friend caught a raw deal but it's not as if he was scammed.
You know with all you wrote afterwards, this is just worth nothing. If i would need pity i would get me a religion and  start believing in supernatural stuff, so get out of my face.

You are an admin too? why?

You seem to have gotten increasingly irrational with every bullet point you made there. Nice work.

Tell me where in the rules it states that "in the event that a seller of an item inadvertently puts up the wrong price for an item and someone buys it, the person who bought it is obligated to sell the item back to the person and make sure everyone gets more of a fair shake"

Poop didn't tell this guy how much to sell the item for, he simply saw and bought a low priced item as the result  of a person's mistake. Can you argue that it's lame and he should give it back? Sure, but he hasn't broken a single rule and you know it. You making a big ruckus about it on the forums and quite frankly acting like a big cry baby when someone tells you the truth about the matter also isn't going to help your case at all. Finally, don't question why I have admin simply because I pointed out that you arbitrarily deciding what admins should and shouldn't do is just plain stupid.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:31:41 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 01:30:36 am »
The only difference is that Shik usually removes NA admins when they act like butt hurt crybabies ingame or on the forums, going by your posts i'm guessing you guys don't adhere to the same standard though.

Sorry about my arguing with Coy on the forums the other night. I already removed my posts and I won't speak of it or her anymore. Even if it comes to administrative issues involving her in the future i'll just refrain from posting in them. Again, sorry for stepping out line there.

Short lived...
Everyone knows exactly what you are referencing.

Since my fellow NA Admins are unable to control themselves, I am refusing to associate myself with with them any longer.
Take this as my public resignation as I refuse to be part of such an unprofessional group.
I will be damned if I get "Oh he is an NA Admin" again and looked further down upon because some of you are giving the rest of us so much of a bad image. Is it any wonder that the NA Admins are considered a joke by the EU side all things considered?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 02:12:54 am by Tears of Destiny »

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 01:35:04 am »
+2
Wow so many admins without any disregard for the users. Why are they admins?

Being admin is not a right...

Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 01:35:47 am »
+2
people who right away take advantage of other peoples faults are called assholes. i cant stand assholes.
here is an admin, who seems to act like that, and thats why i voted for removing his admin status, because dudes taking advantage as admins are simply contra-productive.
a clear case to me.

also:
Anyway, sorry your friend caught a raw deal but it's not as if he was scammed. Poop simply took advantage of a guy not knowing the going rates for heirloomed items. He does that alot but that's not really illegal so he's done nothing wrong.
wut? did someone say 'delete common sense'?

[5:21 PM] <Tears> Shik, do you have an opinion about the Market "drama" thread?
[5:21 PM] <Shik> I have no opinion
[5:21 PM] <Shik> while poophammer technically did nothing other than exploit the behavior of the naive
[5:22 PM] <Shik> it's still not exactly the best sort of public image
[5:22 PM] <Shik> for an admin
[5:25 PM] <Shik> Tears I don't have an official opinion
[5:25 PM] <Shik> only personal thoughts
weird, not to say: very sad.
i think i'll lose my faith here.

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 01:35:57 am »
+1
I "scammed" Fallen_Torben same way as poophammer "scammed" that guy and kinn said i would gonna be global banned and all shit, so i gave the item back , i shouln'd give it ;_;.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:38:10 am by joosto »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!