Author Topic: Some exp/gold bonus for each damage dealt  (Read 681 times)

Offline Vilde_II

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Some exp/gold bonus for each damage dealt
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:28:47 pm »
+1
How about this:

I've thought people should get even some gold/exp from kills so there would be some motivation for killing.
How about giving players exp and gold for every point of damage they deal?? I would definitely be more eager to kill ppl if it was that way..

Offline Joelturuz

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ratchis
Re: Some exp/gold bonus for each damage dealt
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 11:01:33 pm »
Brought up a hundred and one times. Bad idea as people get very greedy. Also doesn't reward potential backdooring but instead mindless whacking of enemies (read: unfair).

I also think it might not be possible to record the damage you deal for later use. Not sure about this of course, but would most likely increase server loads somewhat, which perhaps is not worth the gains, if any.

Offline Vilde_II

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 11:09:53 pm »
I think the multipliers that are given when a team wins would balance this "greediness" issue a bit since people would still have to co-operate...  Hmm. I just think something needs to be done.

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 12:27:16 am »
I don't think this is a good idea.

-In siege ppl who defend flag / manning the siege tower / defend backdoors would have disadvantage.

-High lvls would proper while low lvls wouldn't much.

-Getting kills for an archer and shielder is not the same thing.

Also as said above ppl would get greedy as hell and would try to get kills instead of being more useful for their team such as closing/opening the gates, destroying wooden doors etc.

Offline Vilde_II

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 12:51:35 am »
+1
Well I kind of don't even think myself that the system I suggested would be the best one available, but what I am trying to do here is to start some kind of discussion that could possibly somehow produce a solution that would be good enough for all.

The main problem I see in crpg is the fact that the exp and gold amount is not dependent of the kills a player gets really...
It's not really motivating for a peasant to go out and fight since there's nothing he/she can get if they manage to get something done. Or just for example, you have very valuable equipment with you, you go there and kill lots of people and then your team loses because it's full of peasants... You get nothing even though you have killed a lot of enemies.

Seriously, I do know my suggestions might suck balls (I want to hear more suggestions and discuss and stuff), but you all know the current way of things is terrible compared to the old one.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:53:58 am by Vilde_II »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:58:22 am »
I don't think this is a good idea.

-In siege ppl who defend flag / manning the siege tower / defend backdoors would have disadvantage. This 100%

-High lvls would proper while low lvls wouldn't much.

-Getting kills for an archer and shielder is not the same thing.

Also as said above ppl would get greedy as hell and would try to get kills instead of being more useful for their team such as closing/opening the gates, destroying wooden doors etc.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vilde_II

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 01:08:56 am »
So you all think the current system is perfect and you have nothing against it? It seems like nobody even read my posts.

Sad..  :(
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:11:36 am by Vilde_II »

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 02:37:50 am »
+1
If the issue is simply acknowledging all contributions towards a kill, I'd rather prefer an Assist tracking system.

I would not be in favor of gold for damage dealt, however. It would create too much bickering and fights over hits. Peasants would be the most profitable targets, as their lack of armor would mean more damage per hit.... peasants are already hunted for being easy kills, it doesn't need to be made any more desirable to hunt peasants.