Author Topic: The howtokillthatguy guide  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: The howtokillthatguy guide
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 10:29:17 pm »
Please tell me your weakness(es)!

Nice tears, forgot about this part of the post.
My weaknesses are agi-spam/ninja builds, but I'm getting a little better against those.  Also crush-through guys that know to over-head my shield with their maul instead of side-swing.  Also cav if I can't avoid them.

Offline Sawbone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 11:18:56 pm »
Talk to me in Steam and I will die often due to being distracted and bringing up my steam chat.
Carry a conversation with me on TeamSpeak and my mind will go away from the game and I start doing weird things like auto walking towards the enemy.
Report problems in Admin chat and I stand there dumbly typing back, and get killed.

Those are my main weaknesses, which is sometimes why I am at the top quarter of the scoreboard... and other times am -2/7

Hehe - also got a huge similar flaw, it's called:

Cat on the keyboard.

Nice tears, forgot about this part of the post.
My weaknesses are agi-spam/ninja builds, but I'm getting a little better against those.  Also crush-through guys that know to over-head my shield with their maul instead of side-swing.  Also cav if I can't avoid them.

Crush-through is the devil's work.  :evil:

Dexxtaa - I'll be on and off all evening, if you want do to a few duels

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 11:19:57 pm »
+1
Yup there should be a warning in the Admin application thread.

Being an admin will surely screw your K/D ratio...  :lol:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 01:11:02 am »
Heres a tip: Don't be afraid of the aggressive fighters, you'll just screw yourself up.

Pactice on the duel server, learn your weapon's sweet spots and the points where it'll cause you to glance. Over time, you can abuse this feature by sidesteping and attacking the opposite way. This is called "hiltslashing" and its what people do to you to get an extra hit off.

My weakness is a bundle of sticks blocker who does not make a mistake, i get bored and spam, leading to my demise.

I remember the first time i started playing, i would charge at the best guy i saw and engage them in a blocking battle. I remember i ran straight at Dex because he was topping the scoreboard. Even though i got raped by his teammates, i gained confidence because i could go toe to toe with a good player. Thats pretty much the key to CRPG, confidence. Without confidence you'll just be a target for the other kill hungry people who prey on the ones too afraid to fight back.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:13:38 am by Thucydides »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 04:09:05 am »
Sawbone, I'm logging off for the evening, I gotta work bright n' early tomorrow.

pm me your SteamID and I'll add you, and we can talk! I'm still willing to help you improve!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 01:39:50 pm »
When fighting noobs, hold down W nonstop and continuously inside swing/castor/spam at people only blocking when extremely necessary.  With enough PS, armor to cause glances, and a good 2 handed or polearm weapon you will murder your way through mobs of peasants, as bad players typically don't read footwork properly especially the bad shielders, to get the correct attack in before you double hit them.

The easiest kills are ganks on people fighting someone else, no matter how good they are if you catch them off guard and hit them in the head you will get a kill or open them up for your teammates to kill them. 

High reach weapons rule on battle as you can cheap shot people while staying out of danger, though it is best to fight with space so you don't get your weapon stuck in teammates.

Duel server to hone your muscle-memory block reflexes, reach predictions, reading enemy footwork, your own footwork, regularly.  Usually good players are on here, emulate them a bit.

Even if you are a shielder sometimes you should try using a long spear, pike, American Bill, or some other support/long weapon and just follow good people around and watch how they play as you give them support/continuously polestun your teammates in the back by accident.

Realistically:  Give up and go Cav or Ranged.

Also all the good players are spergs who have played this game for like a year, don't feel too bad.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:40:56 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login