Author Topic: NA Server Crisis  (Read 23181 times)

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
NA Server Crisis
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:25:54 pm »
NA servers are severely overcrowded right now.  45 seconds after the password comes off the 120 server is full and the 80 server is perpetually full.  And of course, the siege server disappeared.  Where did the siege server go?  Finally the population is so full that people would be forced to play siege with me and it disappears.  I expect a much higher volume of playing when the patch comes out.  Any plans for NA servers? 

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: NA Server Crisis
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:40 pm »
Servers are not free.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:38:07 pm »
Any plans for NA servers? 

Donate then.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:40:07 pm »
NA servers are severely overcrowded right now.  45 seconds after the password comes off the 120 server is full and the 80 server is perpetually full.  And of course, the siege server disappeared.  Where did the siege server go?  Finally the population is so full that people would be forced to play siege with me and it disappears.  I expect a much higher volume of playing when the patch comes out.  Any plans for NA servers?

Siege server is still up.  Was just taken down for a brief moment so someone could indulge in a minecraft fix.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 09:44:38 pm »
I am trying to open up a new NA server.  chadz said to wait after the patch.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Welcome_To_Hell

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: nK / Northern Empire
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:16:52 pm »
I am trying to open up a new NA server.  chadz said to wait after the patch.

We need a Siege server for the NA community, seems like we have an influx of new players.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 10:38:24 pm »
We need a Siege server for the NA community, seems like we have an influx of new players.

We have a 200 player siege server... Unless Garg took it down.... But noone ever goes to it because it's not as "grind efficient" or some shit.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 10:47:57 pm »
Loads of EU players are on the NA servers now. You don't have any gear on the EU servers atm.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 11:13:54 pm »
Servers are not free.

No shit. 

I'm not begging people to put one up.   My clan already has 3 crpg servers.  The problem, however, does not lie in the cost but in getting approval for actually getting gold and xp.  Looks like lljk is petitioning and I have considered petitioning chadz about being able to put up a WEST COAST NA server.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 11:18:51 pm »
No shit. 

I'm not begging people to put one up.   My clan already has 3 crpg servers.  The problem, however, does not lie in the cost but in getting approval for actually getting gold and xp.  Looks like lljk is petitioning and I have considered petitioning chadz about being able to put up a WEST COAST NA server.

I'd trust your clan with a server far far far far far far far far more than LLJK.  Never give the goons access to server power.  They're damned goons ffs.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 11:51:47 pm »
I'd trust your clan with a server far far far far far far far far more than LLJK.  Never give the goons access to server power.  They're damned goons ffs.

That's true.  We don't cheat as much and when we do we don't get caught as often  :twisted:  I think it would be fun to have a server (maybe a mixed game type one to keep things interesting or at least something different then battle like CTF) I wouldn't pay money to put up a battle server though since I'm honestly a little sick of it. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:56:09 pm by Boss_Awesome »

Offline LLJK_Fellblade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Voted best LARPer Calgary 2010
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Fellblade
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 11:54:36 pm »

I know man once in EVE I had a real bad day, fukken goons.

Not long before Christmas, I got bored of being in the corporation I was in, wanted more, same old, same old. I went to the recru channel to check out if any corporations had the kind of industrial system I was looking for. I've been searching around and have never found anything like that, so I doubted I'd find anything, but after not long, Tyrrhena Maxus, a "recruiter" from Igneus Auctorita [IGNE], a corporation in the Goon alliance. He checked my API (apparently), I renewed my API, and he acted all pleased with my skills, that I had a nice this and that, also pleased with the fact that I had the Minmatar Industrial Level 5, and how the corp needed more freighter pilots. There was one catch though: I needed to give him 500m isk, for them to be able to know that I wasnt a spy. I even got to talk to a member who had "just joined", which also told me "yeah, I got the money back like the day after". If I joined, I was promised the level 1 skills i needed to be able to fly the Fenrir, got all psyched about that, and left my old corp, to be able to join the new one. My Hulk blew up after someone suicide ganking me, and my Raven blew up in a mission. I thought "hmm, I'm probably going far, far away to wherever I'm going", So I sold all my stuff, ending up with 342m isk. Tyrrhena said he could supply the rest from his own pocket, if I sent him close to 500m. I sent him my 342m, with a message "I hope this is enough". After two-three days, Tyrrhena sent me a message

"Im terriblly sorry valued space pilot I have been very busy

Your application has been accepted, welcome aboard!"

The application was never accepted, the CEO of that corp blocked me, but Tyrrhena Maxus kept the scam up for as long as he could.
I was leaving my old corporation which I thought I'd stay in forever, and instead of asking around "should i trust the goons?" I kept it all a secret, and lost 342m isk to one of EVE's worst *******s who apparently needed some extra cash. Well, nice to be of service, they got me, and they got me bad.

To all you guys who have no idea about the goons, or what they can do, did do: thanks for reading this warning, I hope it was informative.

Goooooons  :evil:

Offline Rjarek

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • LLJK_Rjarek
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 12:00:56 am »

Goons have hosted far more complicated and demanding servers without issue (or allegations of cheating).

At some point we're going to have to realize the servers are over crowded now and if the current admin team cannot afford a new server, concessions will have to be made to maintain a growing player base.

In fact, I joined SA to play on their TF2 servers because I was tired on under-handed moderation on the majority of "semi-private" servers.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 12:11:39 am »
Goons have hosted far more complicated and demanding servers without issue (or allegations of cheating).

lolno
Nice goon propaganda though.  Goons cheat, they lie, they steal, they grief, they troll, they hack, they lolz at it all while doing it.  :)  I was allied with them after all and was privy to more than a fair share of their vent conversations and trolololo'ing about their shenanigens.  As people, they're funny and some are pretty cool to hang out with.  But trust them? With anything?  Especially a server?  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK NO.

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 12:23:45 am »
goons grief people, and they troll people.  they're kinda famous for it. you are a victim of such a thing right now i think
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe