Poll

Should stones receive a buff?

Yes, and it should be a buff to projectile speed
Yes, and it should be a buff to the speed the character throws them
Yes, other suggestion
No, I hate that Pebble_Pusher and his annoying stones that make my vagina all sandy.
No, explain

Author Topic: Requesting a buff for stones :D  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Requesting a buff for stones :D
« on: November 08, 2011, 01:51:24 pm »
+19
Ok so everyone got their's I want mine.

I am Pebble_Pusher and frankly I like where the other throwing weapons are at the moment, they are pretty balanced without being too hard to use, but the stones are awful.

I cant get used to the slowness and bizarre inaccuracy of them, I can throw spears faster.  :shock:

All I ask for is one of two things either:

1) Make their projectile speed back to what it used to be

or

2) Make the character throw them a little faster, not so fast that we return to the stunlock days, but fast enough that one miss doesnt equal death.

I know stones and peasant gear is always going to be hard and it always has been, but right now between the odd skipping of the servers and the changes made recently, it's become perhaps too hard.

I just like to see different builds once in a while that's all.

If you think it is selfish of me and arrogant to expect something to be balanced JUST FOR ME, then think about the majority of the people who come on these forums and demand that things are balanced just for them.

The only difference is that many who do that, complain or ask for the same things and so they get it, I mean they arent thinking about the state of the game or it's merit as a medium of entertainment, it's all about them and them alone, it just so happens by coincidence that they happen to be in vocal agreement with each other.

But the core point is they got what they wanted and as far as I am concerned I would like to get what I want.  :D
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting a buff for stones :D
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:56:21 pm »
+2

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:21:55 pm »
+1
No one can deny this. Buff stones.
Turtles

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:35:43 pm »
+2
They have been nerfed too often now!

I demand a buff! Main reason for the first nerf was the 10 PT or higher killing tincans with them. Since you can't get that high in PT anymore without some serious sacrifices, I think it's safe to buff throwing stones a bit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 08:14:58 pm »
Personally I wouldn't want the stones to be ok throwing weapon for throwers. I would like the stones to be decent throwing weapons for everyone. Make it an OK thing for 1hs, 2hs and polearms to do in sieges while waiting for the enemy. Currently they bounce on byrnie and higher. I know that is PT 0, but why wouldn't a stone do some basic 3-5 damage anyway? Maybe make it not get a bonus from PT or something. Also make "foraging for rocks" would be nice, at the very least the ability to pick up already thrown rocks!

But yeah, it needs a buff. Buff the damage is what I say :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 09:32:35 pm »
+1, i will support ur cause since i've seen u throw them and admire ur work u do for the community. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 03:17:40 am »
+1
throwing stones is a last restort.  If they get accuracy buffed they should lose damage.

What the game needs is Slings which use stones as ammo.  Unlike the human arm, slings can produce damaging and fatal results.  Slings were also used thorough history as a counter to archers.

Would be nice to have them,  Ability to swing sling and move at 1/3 or 1/2 speed, making it difficult for archers to hit you.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 05:07:50 pm »
+2
throwing stones is a last restort.  If they get accuracy buffed they should lose damage.

What the game needs is Slings which use stones as ammo.  Unlike the human arm, slings can produce damaging and fatal results.  Slings were also used thorough history as a counter to archers.

Would be nice to have them,  Ability to swing sling and move at 1/3 or 1/2 speed, making it difficult for archers to hit you.

A last resort? I would like to see the rule that states this must be so. Surely the appeal of Crpg is about the choices you are allowed to make?

Afterall im not asking for them to be buffed to their former glory, just a little better than they are currently.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 05:09:05 pm »
A last resort? I would like to see the rule that states this must be so. Surely the appeal of Crpg is about the choices you are allowed to make?

Afterall im not asking for them to be buffed to their former glory, just a little better than they are currently.
Stop arguing and make a poll, goddammit!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 11:22:14 am »
+1
Ok then, BUMPED FOR POLL!!!

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 11:36:27 am »
+3
The Village_Elder approves of the movement to make stones thrown faster.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 01:06:11 pm »
+2
Jarlek approves of the buff suggestion, but want a damage buff instead.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 06:03:50 am »
+1
Leave stones as they are but add a bag of flats and pebbles. And buff the shit out of them. When you throw them your charcter should yell "Jehovah!!!"

And the final shot should be a boulder.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 05:31:47 pm »
+1
^ Could be fun, but I dont think people will enjoy a boulder, then again a lot of people in this module dont enjoy anything, I say bring on the boulders!!!!

Offline Palestinian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 'Pals' of Palestine
  • Game nicks: IGN : Disenfranchised_Palestinian
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 10:19:10 pm »
+2
1+ plz devs, take a better look at rocks. As well i have noticed the hit detection system is buggy, and rocks have been flying through people when they should be hitting.