Author Topic: Unconventional Lag Spikes  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Miriam

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boudica & Elissa
Unconventional Lag Spikes
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:48:18 pm »
+1
Hi all,
it's a couple of days that i have strange lag spikes when i play cRPG. I start the game as usual, with my normal ping (about 180).... BUT after few seconds it starts lagging really hard, like 500 or 600, then it comes back to normal for some more seconds, then again with lag spikes.

Of course i'm not doing anything else that is using internet connection, i even checked that every program (windows included) has autoupdate disactivated.

Do someone else have the same problem? Do you changed something in the game?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:44:22 pm by Kalam »

Offline Miriam

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boudica & Elissa
Re: Unconventional Lag Spikes
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 09:26:45 pm »
Well, i live in an isolate place of my country... so we don't have cable internet.

But still, when it is "normal" i can have a lot of fun and i even manage to kill people! :D

Offline Lactating Vegetables

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Aurora/ Lactating Vegetables/ Aurora_Borealis/ Hirovard
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:16:13 am »
I got heavy lag spikes from time to time too, but WITHOUT my ping going up. I just get beamed over the map sometimes and then I´m dead, but my Ping is stable most time.

same here. i can be just about to engage then lag spike next thing i know im dead quite abit away from where i started

Aurora makes me grab a shield every game!

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 12:42:27 pm »
Hi all,
it's a couple of days that i have strange lag spikes when i play cRPG. I start the game as usual, with my normal ping (about 180).... BUT after few seconds it starts lagging really hard, like 500 or 600, then it comes back to normal for some more seconds, then again with lag spikes.

Of course i'm not doing anything else that is using internet connection, i even checked that every program (windows included) has autoupdate disactivated.

Do someone else have the same problem? Do you changed something in the game?

Hmm I have had/still have similar problems. I thought it was my ISP - i've had quite a few problems with them. I also get those freezes where everything stops and a few seconds later you can do something. Longest ever freeze was a few days ago and it was for at least 5+ seconds.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:43:51 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Arcona

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANT
  • Game nicks: ANTr_Arcona
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 01:04:46 pm »
The complete freezes is different from lagspikes.

Freezes is when indeed everything stops but your toon continues doing what it was doing (so for example if you were running you find yourself 100 meters ahead!). I get this often especially when there are 100 people in a server and ESPECIALLY at the start of a round.

Lagspikes I rarely get but they appear in the sense that you can still move around but your reactions are slower... so you see someone approaching you click to swing but it takes 1-2 seconds more than normal for it to happen and they strike you in the meantime...
"Hear me roar!"
"A Lannister always pays his debts."
"Twenty five whores in a room next door. Twenty five whores and I still need more."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 815
  • Infamy: 626
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 03:19:16 pm »
Freezes have nothing to do with your internet connection. They are related to texture loading, try to lower char texture details. Texture optimization pack fixed that issue but it isn't updated for all textures and there's bunch of new textures (turkish gear, banner packs...)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 09:15:49 pm »
freezes is only 1 part of the problem  - he's also talking about ping spiking

Offline Korrupted

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 11:19:55 pm »
Hmm I have had/still have similar problems. I thought it was my ISP - i've had quite a few problems with them. I also get those freezes where everything stops and a few seconds later you can do something. Longest ever freeze was a few days ago and it was for at least 5+ seconds.

I too experienced that 5+ second freeze a few days ago on NA Battle with 80+ ppl playing for the first time. My connection is very reliable and stable with a ping of 30-45 on the NA servers but I have noticed over the past year whenever I go onto server's(NA) with 70+ people playing I sometimes get rubberbanding/lag spikes with no jump in my ping, which leads me to believe the server just cant handle so many players on at once. I'm not sure but I heard that the NA battle, NA Seige and NA Duel are all on the same box?