Author Topic: Unban Request: Spook Island (Retroactive Mod Abuse Ban)  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
Unban Request: Spook Island (Retroactive Mod Abuse Ban)
« on: November 03, 2011, 11:53:13 am »
Apparently I've been banned "retroactively" for "bypassing autobalance."

Never got a warning, just some bullshit excuse from canary about how "I should have known."
This is literally an admin by the way, and that is the real response he gave me.

LOGICALLY SPEAKING...
If the balance allows room for switch, I really don't see the problem here.  The balance setting can be tweaked any time; I know because I've seen it done before.
Not to mention every player has the ability to switch if they want, its not some super secret hidden power.

Honestly, it looks like this is just some trumped up bullshit charge from certain biased admins (like canary, goretooth, etc..) who are looking for any excuse to take out their in-game frustration on me.

How do you retroactively ban someone for an unknown violation you've never warned them about and expect the underlying motive to not be completely transparent?
Literally nobody has ever said that was against the rules.  Not a player, not an admin.

There is some serious abuse of admin policy going on here and it is pretty easy to see.

Also, I went to take a leak last night in the battle server and went spec the whole round and Canary booted me without warning.
Did I mention this was like 4 A.M. and we only had like 20 so guys in the server at the time; clearly the room wasn't needed.
Pics of Chat Log - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/canaryadminabuse.jpg/
(just another example of blatant admin abuse which adds to my case)

Basically, I don't want to be punished under ridiculous circumstances by admins who clearly hold a grudge.
Canary holds a grudge against me because I kept beating him 1 on 1 and ragging on him for being level 34.  Is it suddenly illegal to talk smack in-game now too?  I mean I talk a LOT of smack.

But seriously, since when has there been a rule that players are not allowed to ever switch teams.
Do the other decent admins not realize what is going on here?

Finally, just want to reiterate one point.

Literally never received a warning from any admin ever about this.
Pretty much speaks for itself.

Also: how do we replace admins who clearly need to step down?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Unban Request: Spook Island (Retroactive Mod Abuse Ban)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 12:04:52 pm »
Behavior rules

* No offensive behavior anywhere
          o Remember that this is the internet. Don't be insulted if someone calls you an idiot.

General rules

* No exploiting of any kind
          o NOT OK: Bypassing the autobalance
          o NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits
No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing...)

I'm pretty sure I've seen you switch teams like that constantly on both siege and battle, which you didn't deny. I also constantly see you call everyone "bundle of stickss" and "worthless" etc everytime you lose. There's really no question you've violated those rules relentlessly.

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fat?
  • Game nicks: Fat
  • IRC nick: Ryden
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 01:50:06 pm »
I never knew having full lordly armor that gives you 81 body armor was hard. O_O, what about dat strength also.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 02:47:17 pm »
Canary you're my new hero <3
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 04:12:39 pm »
i dont really care about the ~*~ elite duelist ~*~ dickwaving but that chatlog looks pretty bad, canary

pretty obvious trolling him with admin powers and the giveaway "im not mad i swear" Typing that looks like this, sir.
FREE ALLERS

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 04:34:52 pm »
Before we go one step further, bypassing Autobalance is an offense, as shown by a very large discussion thread in General Talk involving The Grey Order and a few others.

I just wanted to clarify that for everyone reading the thread
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 06:24:59 pm »
Bypassing autobalance? All admins tell people to go to spectator when they take a piss or get a drink. Pretty ridiculous, Canary. No need to kick spectators with 20 people.

I have seen him switch teams to be on attackers every round, but that is fairly irrelevant to the fact that he was spectating to use the bathroom.

GG Spook Fans.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:26:53 pm by Garlan_Tyrell »
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

LIBERNATE

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 06:49:56 pm »
Seen spookisland bypass autobalance every round. Unless you got a weak bladder or something i don't buy it. BTW spookisland i'm not an admin. Never was an admin on the official servers.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 07:01:33 pm »
even if he was aggressively bypassing autobalance i'd consider a ban for that to be roughly equivalent (in terms of shittyness) to the police arresting you for being in a park after hours

it's obvious here canary was getting trolled and retaliated using admin powers, that should be unacceptable but instead in game and on here i'm seeing a "thin blue line" reaction from the rest of the admins, ganner even muted me when i told him he was being a shitlord
FREE ALLERS

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 07:07:21 pm »
Spook is a known troll and a regular annoyance. I'll wait for Canary to post in this thread.

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 07:08:20 pm »
Spook is a known troll and a regular annoyance. I'll wait for Canary to post in this thread.
Trolling doesn't always warrant a ban.

LIBERNATE

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 07:08:27 pm »
Who gets mad about getting kicked going to spec? it's the chance you take. fuck. get a grip.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 07:14:57 pm »
I would like to put forth my extensive research in this matter for your consideration, seems relevant considering the clan of the admins in question. Although this may not speak for all of it's members, I feel that this banning should be taken with a grain of salt.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19891.0.html

Idlewild

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 07:27:09 pm »
Disregarding what Spook was actually banned for, why is it that Spook's been allowed to relentlessly call his team bundle of stickss, day after day, for such a long time? He gets warned sometimes, muted occasionally, but does it anyway day after day. I can't recall many rounds Spook's lost where he didn't hurl insults of all sorts at his teammates. If nothing else, Spook should be told to loosen up a bit and be a little more respectful when he's complaining. I've seen people banned for far less, but I'm not saying he deserves to be banned for it.

One thing I'll say in Spook's defense is that a lot of players start falsely accusing him or trying to provoke him after he receives warnings. Saw someone attack Spookisland at spawn and then start screaming that Spook was TKing him when he actually hadn't swung his sword yet.

To Garlan: what Spook does is immediately join spectator and rejoin the game if he feels he has a chance of being teamswapped to the more stacked team. It doesn't always work, but when it does you've effectively bypassed autobalance. Generally it's doable after a team loses a higher leveled player, before someone else joins the game, I think.

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 07:59:21 pm »
Disregarding what Spook was actually banned for, why is it that Spook's been allowed to relentlessly call his team bundle of stickss, day after day, for such a long time? He gets warned sometimes, muted occasionally, but does it anyway day after day. I can't recall many rounds Spook's lost where he didn't hurl insults of all sorts at his teammates. If nothing else, Spook should be told to loosen up a bit and be a little more respectful when he's complaining. I've seen people banned for far less, but I'm not saying he deserves to be banned for it.

One thing I'll say in Spook's defense is that a lot of players start falsely accusing him or trying to provoke him after he receives warnings. Saw someone attack Spookisland at spawn and then start screaming that Spook was TKing him when he actually hadn't swung his sword yet.

To Garlan: what Spook does is immediately join spectator and rejoin the game if he feels he has a chance of being teamswapped to the more stacked team. It doesn't always work, but when it does you've effectively bypassed autobalance. Generally it's doable after a team loses a higher leveled player, before someone else joins the game, I think.
I have seen him do that, but what is posted is hearsay until Canary posts. We don't know how long he was actually spectating, but if the ban isn't for this specific example then I guess it is deserved.

LIBERNATE