Author Topic: LPK are we too big?  (Read 5856 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: LPK are we too big?
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2011, 02:33:06 pm »
I have no desire to jump through your hoops, nor do I care in the least if you continue to believe as you do.

Good day.

I don't care how good you are either, but if you're trying to show us that you are better than NA by showing just those screens... well, I doubt anyone will take you seriously. Not that anyone cares about Australia players, however.

You bros stick to that kangaroo island and keep believing.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:35:32 pm by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2011, 03:00:07 pm »

But seriously, stop stirring them up owens. We know our ability, why does it matter if they know or not? You're just giving us all a bad reputation.

/thread
Wait, owens is actually good by AUS standards? Someone who doesn't even know that held attacks > chambers?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2011, 03:03:40 pm »
+2
I'm surprised no one's presented basic logic to you roos.

For the record, I first learned the basics of the game from Dimos and some chick with a Chinese name on the Aussie duel server- back when I didn't realize the effect ping had on this game.

Europeans have the largest player-base with the longest history. While this means there's always plenty of newbies running around, it also means that their veterans have a larger pool of talented and experienced players to fight against, which provides the top-tier European player with more practice (you don't learn anything duelling the same players over and over again) with the game than anyone else. They also tend to have good internets. This helps.

Americans have a fairly large and experienced player-base, and it's veterans are used to playing with high pings due at first to the lack of American cRPG servers then to Strategus- though this breed is dying out. In addition, they've favoured strength builds since (I should add that EU seems to have jumped on the Strength bandwagon in the last few months, too, and that builds everywhere seem to be edging towards balanced territory) 2011 swung 'round, which means they had a full bag of tricks (which favours perfect timing rather than chambering or any basic game mechanic) ready for the changes to the overall speed of the game that came a few months ago, which involved slowing things down.

All these strength builds also meant that these players were allowed to make more mistakes when they began- and surviving that hit means you get to correct from your mistakes and learn from them more often. It also allowed them to experiment with new techniques more often than, say, some 12/24 or 12/27 build.

Overall, NA and EU players have the advantage of experiences that a small playerbase can never provide.

So, yeah. Tone down on the elitism and get rid of the little shit-storms that seem to brew down under between your clans and server owners all the time, and promote cRPG (you do this by patiently teaching new players things without talking down to them and making sure the community isn't full of vitriol, in case you were wondering) so you get the playerbase that will, oh, I don't know, allow you to compete with the rest of us.

Get enough players, and maybe you guys can get a Strategus server, too, and then you guys can show us how awesome you are by defending your virtual land from us.

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2011, 03:30:45 pm »
+1
EU (don't know about NA) has long ago progressed past the point where "riposting" (known as chambering everywhere else) is effective. Against good players, it's pretty much completely pointless and only opens you up for held attacks.

Well I agree with you there, chambering is pointless against good players.

Note that this was well established in the Australian native community a year ago, but the crpg Australian community's a little smaller and they're a bit behind. Have to convince the keens to come back in to get any quality in to the pool. The only actual way we have to judge Australian standards was the fighting between Rhade and Thorn (thorn being second best Australian) and Rhade being close to the top American. The results of fighting between the two were relatively even. It would interesting to see how Toad would have done, considering Toad destroys Thorn 1v1.

Anyway, this discussion meant to be a bloody Australian internal discussion, so head back to your own discussions.

Regardless, no, I don't think LPK is too large. The current LPK AEF model closely mirrors the former native KOS TGD model, which I think works quite well. Ideally you want to be getting back to a KOS TGD NOBLE KEEN LOK model, but that's not going to happen until Warband two comes around.

Edit: I've noticed that any time an Australian internal discussion comes up on these forums, every American and European (including moderators) decides to attack us for our playerbase quality.  This is quite off topic and to be honest uncalled for. The 250-400 ping gulf between our servers prevents us from even really witnessing each other properly. However, judging by some of the statements made here, you'd think the Australian playerbase wouldn't even know what a manual block was.

Edit 2: Really, John of all people destroyed the Americans on their own servers?

That is hilarious.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:42:30 pm by yedrellow »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2011, 03:45:19 pm »
I don't see any big names on his list. Even shitty me can do well when playing on weird hours.

Anyone can also get lucky, I have a screen shot of me dominating an EU server for five rounds with even 300 ping... Does not mean anything though, it was a fluke.

Point is, even if you can get that score often, you want us to start posting our screens of scores? How about DarkKarma and his 3 round score of 38-0?

Also, what Kalam said.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:48:18 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2011, 03:48:14 pm »
John gets cumulative 86-3 on an NA server in his few rounds he had time to play there ... considering he's never gotten close to that on an Australian server.

Clearly he was consistently lucky; Australians must still be terrible and will fall at the might of the great American community.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2011, 03:51:21 pm »
And I have had a similar score on EU and never managed to do that on NA. Clearly I was consistently lucky too... Also helps that no top players were on against me, just like I see with John.

Still waiting to be impressed.

Think you are big shit? Duel BkS_Rhade on native, best 5 out of 9. Then come back.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:52:48 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2011, 03:53:29 pm »
Why is everyone hating so much on the ausies?
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2011, 03:55:59 pm »
And I have had a similar score on EU and never managed to do that on NA. Clearly I was consistently lucky too... Also helps that no top players were on against me, just like I see with John.

Still waiting to be impressed.

Think you are big shit? Duel BkS_Rhade on native, best 5 out of 9. Then come back.

I was informed by thorn that that they did have a duel series of one form. You'd be better off asking Rhade for the results, as i can't really get a hold of Thorn. I am not sure of who won, but again, Rhade would be able to tell. Thorn did say it was a good challenge for him, but also thought that Toad would destroy him. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:58:39 pm by yedrellow »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2011, 03:56:27 pm »
Why is everyone hating so much on the ausies?

Because everytime they post, it usually involves them calling everyone arrogant and then at the same time bragging about skill I never see when visiting their servers? Then they post screens of players with above average scores facing no top players... Or that one video a few weeks back of one of their top pkayers... Who never ever fucking feinted once...

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2011, 03:57:33 pm »
+1
Look after the last tournament LPK holds the top 3 positions Dimos, Mordaunt and caeser,

But some good players LPk and not were not able to compete. Myself, Roman, Sudan just to mention a few.

This is not the question that I am asking. Do other AUS players find that LPK is detracting from their game experience like AEF was doing for a while?

And of course AUS players are better we have a few rare peasants so in order to get kills you must kill skilled players and of late teamwork and strategy has played an integral role. If you are an NA player do not fool yourself into thinking because there are more of you that a higher percentage of you will be skilled that doesn't make sense.

And finally LPK may be gaining its own duel server soon so look out for it.

Difference between AUS and EU is not about having to kill skilled players - ill take it for granted that AUS have skilled players. The difference on EU is that you have to kill skilled players accompanied by hordes of other players as well!

Also as for the NA pics... cmon man thats NA servers - EASY MODE!  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:01:42 pm by RandomDude »

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2011, 04:00:37 pm »
Because everytime they post, it usually involves them calling everyone arrogant and then at the same time bragging about skill I never see when visiting their servers? Then they post screens of players with above average scores facing no top players... Or that one video a few weeks back of one of their top pkayers... Who never ever fucking feinted once...

The SECOND top player that you mentioned was Thorn ... versing the lowbie Aleczacool shortly after beta. Thorn was an even match for Rhade in their last duel set. Watch your bloody mouth. And yes, we don't really have the opportunity to cut through hordes of lowbies like you Americans do.

Edit 2: Yes, all Australians acknowledge that the Europeans are better than the Americans.

Edit 3: And yes, the good fight started last year with reactions to the same sentiment expressed in the first reply on the taleworlds forums. It is only natural to react.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:06:33 pm by yedrellow »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2011, 04:18:45 pm »
+5