Author Topic: Admins check for Hax again plz  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Admins check for Hax again plz
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 11:25:40 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 10:45:12 am »
man, crpg is nothing compared to bf3 right now. cheating is now a real issue.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 10:47:15 am »
man, crpg is nothing compared to bf3 right now. cheating is now a real issue.

I haven't seen any cheaters on BF3 yet, to be honest.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 11:30:04 am »
+2
Really the gaming industry as a whole should get on Microsoft's back about this.  Windows as a gaming platform is still big business, but it's going to be dead in the water if something definitive can't be done about the hacks.

And I think Microsoft would be well positioned to come up with some pretty definitive fixes.  Really, the means of hacking are things provided intentionally by the operating system as a means of debugging.  Hacking isn't really that clever when you realize the tools for it are there on purpose.  Microsoft giveth, and Microsoft can taketh away.  Programs could be run inside protected, virtual machines.  Memory protection could exist at the hardware level.  A squad of people could hunt down the handful of people who actually create these hacks, give them cement galoshes and push them overboard into the English Channel, Osama Bin Laden style, and their mothers would never find out how their dear, 28 year old college dropout vanished from the basement.  I'm just brainstorming.  I'm sure there's a solution that would work.

After RealTime Worlds got put into bankruptcy because of videogame hacks, with millions of dollars lost and actual people losing actual jobs as a result, you'd think maybe the game makers of the world would realize it's no longer a little side issue that they can laugh off.

Now it's costing jobs and money.

Cement galoshes.  I'm just sayin'.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 11:55:15 am »
Really the gaming industry as a whole should get on Microsoft's back about this.  Windows as a gaming platform is still big business, but it's going to be dead in the water if something definitive can't be done about the hacks.

And I think Microsoft would be well positioned to come up with some pretty definitive fixes.  Really, the means of hacking are things provided intentionally by the operating system as a means of debugging.  Hacking isn't really that clever when you realize the tools for it are there on purpose.  Microsoft giveth, and Microsoft can taketh away.  Programs could be run inside protected, virtual machines.  Memory protection could exist at the hardware level.  A squad of people could hunt down the handful of people who actually create these hacks, give them cement galoshes and push them overboard into the English Channel, Osama Bin Laden style, and their mothers would never find out how their dear, 28 year old college dropout vanished from the basement.  I'm just brainstorming.  I'm sure there's a solution that would work.

After RealTime Worlds got put into bankruptcy because of videogame hacks, with millions of dollars lost and actual people losing actual jobs as a result, you'd think maybe the game makers of the world would realize it's no longer a little side issue that they can laugh off.

Now it's costing jobs and money.

Cement galoshes.  I'm just sayin'.

i lolĀ“d  :mrgreen:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 11:58:47 am »
Yeah thats quite a slippery slope.  Online gaming's aight

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 03:52:59 pm »
nah, there is a real cheating problem, in the beta there were examples of 3d radars that let you see enemies everywhere on the map. All you have to do is browse google to find hacks for bf3. Sometimes you see people getting 3-4 headshots in less than 2 seconds and its hard to believe that was skill/luck. The problem is, Punkbuster doesn't seem to be working well, me and my friends get kicked constantly.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 03:59:13 pm »
nah, there is a real cheating problem, in the beta there were examples of 3d radars that let you see enemies everywhere on the map. All you have to do is browse google to find hacks for bf3. Sometimes you see people getting 3-4 headshots in less than 2 seconds and its hard to believe that was skill/luck. The problem is, Punkbuster doesn't seem to be working well, me and my friends get kicked constantly.

Yes, that "kicked from the server by an administrator" is a punkbuster issue. You have a message on Battlelog now on how to update your Punkbuster so it doesn't kick you off anymore.

The message is gone now though, I can't locate the thread anymore D:

Also, check if Punkbuster is disabled ingame. Better use the Battlefield 3 topic for this too.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:02:20 pm by Vibe »

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 07:04:43 pm »
blocking multiple enemies isn't that hard for good players..
maybe you were spec-ing a good player?

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 09:44:07 pm »
It's possible granted they're not attacking simultaneously in different directions.
And how!

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2011, 05:50:25 pm »
What, I don't think I ever saw anyone cheating or if they were, they were complete noobs anyway so what does it matter?
\
majority of people caught cheating are not newbs you be surpirsed who has benn caught

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 06:28:33 pm »
\
majority of people caught cheating are not newbs you be surpirsed who has benn caught
Surprise me then, I can not abide inuendo.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 04:11:24 am »
Have to say, i feel like iv noticed alot of autoblockers this past few weeks... whenever i feel like i see one i just start to spam feints.... not sure if this even works but it seems like their characters wig out and block in the direction of every feint. I know alot of good players can see the feints and block in the direction of some of them, hell i can do a few, but come on, all of them? Would be nice if the admins could check for it, it really should be a weekly thing. (not sure if it already is)
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 04:24:19 am »
The way we take care of cheaters, reporting them is completely useless. Stop the witch hunt.