Author Topic: Unban me Please !  (Read 618 times)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Unban me Please !
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:02 pm »
My ingame name is 22nd_Mil_The_Monk

Got a 5 days Ban today on EU 5 round about 21:00 ( Time in Germany )
I got banned for tryin to switch team ( tried it 3 times ) at the map start

I aint got any warning
No kick, a direct ban
I know that it was a stupid fail to try to switch team but i actally expect a good admin ( not just a good, everyone )
To at least give 1 warning or just write anything cuz i didnt even know what happened first
It doesnt make u better or cooler or anything if you just ban the crap out of everyone who does a little fail

I see this happening more and more that Admins just ban smone for several days without even tell him whats goin on or warn him just a single time.
Its really not that hard to write like 5 words in chat to warn a player instead of using the hammer of doom directly
I would have stopped trying directly and never done it again if i would have got a warning.

So, enough complaining and suggestions ;-)

I know it was a fail, i know i broke a rule thats a good rule and has to be there
i also know that i deserved a punishment and i wont do it again.

To come to the end:

Is there a posibillity to unban me earlier ?, i really dont want to miss cRPG for five days !

Greeetz, Guardian
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:40:17 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
Re: Unban me Please !
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:50:48 pm »
I aint got any warning
No kick, a direct ban
I know that it was a stupid fail to try to switch team but i actally expect a good admin ( not just a good, everyone )
To at least give 1 warning or just write anything cuz i didnt even know what happened first

You knew it was wrong, did it anyway, but just expected a slap on the wrist instead of actual punishment? Think again.

I see this happening more and more that Admins just ban smone for several days without even tell him whats goin on or warn him just a single time.
Its really not that hard to write like 5 words in chat to warn a player instead of using the hammer of doom directly
I would have stopped trying directly and never done it again if i would have got a warning.

The purpose of the ban wasn't to stop you trying, it's to punish you for using an exploit to gain an unfair advantage and to stop you from doing it again of course, a warning isn't enough for that in my experience.

To come to the end:

Is there a posibillity to unban me earlier ?, i really dont want to miss cRPG for five days !

Sure, I'll unban you thursday, don't do it again.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:03:21 pm »
You knew it was wrong, did it anyway, but just expected a slap on the wrist instead of actual punishment? Think again.

In that moment i didnt realize, i was just ragin about repairs and wanted not to start directly as defender ( like 70% loose )
If i would have got a warning i would have stopped directly ( did fail at it anyway )

The purpose of the ban wasn't to stop you trying, it's to punish you for using an exploit to gain an unfair advantage and to stop you from doing it again of course, a warning isn't enough for that in my experience.

Well, for me, as a normal 16 years old teen and experienced player ( nearly 2000 hours multiplayer ) a warning is more than enough, i know that there are a lot of annoin kiddies around, but you shouldnt expect everyone to be like them, give everyone a chance instead of bein biased ;-)

Anyway i dont wanna argue here, i will stop now and thank u for explaining me ur point !
( thursday, O.M.G thats long :(( )

Cheers
( add laurensstollwerck on steam, if you wanna discuss that more :D )
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:05:30 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Arcona

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANT
  • Game nicks: ANTr_Arcona
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:26:17 pm »
As an older player (27) yet new to CRPG this type of thing is really funny.

So you are saying that you broke the rules but the Admin is BIASED because he banned you for breaking the rules.

But it makes sense the way you say it. You tried to CHEAT cause you didnt know an Admin was there. So you kept trying. If you had been warned you would realise an Admin is there and wouldnt cheat. Then today, tomorrow or in an hour even, when the admin wouldnt be present, you would off course do it again.

So you ask for leniency based on the fact that had you been "warned" you would not actually learn your lesson but rather just learn to wait and cheat later.

I am obviously noone to this community but if I was in a position of Authority I would actually EXTEND your ban rather than reduce because your posts alone show how wrong your way of thinking is.

"So I stole because noone was looking... if I had known someone was looking or they warned me that they saw me I obviously wouldnt steal..."

And that is why after seeing 100 different ban/unban requests people KEEP doing the same thing. They keep tking, they keep team hitting, they keep trying to bypass balance etc. Cause they know they get a slap on the wrist and thats it.

Admins, I would make this case a banner and a warning by being MUCH MORE STRICT and not lenient... if I were you.

But alas, I am not.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:27:57 pm by Arcona »
"Hear me roar!"
"A Lannister always pays his debts."
"Twenty five whores in a room next door. Twenty five whores and I still need more."

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 04:39:37 pm »
As an older player (27) yet new to CRPG this type of thing is really funny.

So you are saying that you broke the rules but the Admin is BIASED because he banned you for breaking the rules.

But it makes sense the way you say it. You tried to CHEAT cause you didnt know an Admin was there. So you kept trying. If you had been warned you would realise an Admin is there and wouldnt cheat. Then today, tomorrow or in an hour even, when the admin wouldnt be present, you would off course do it again.

So you ask for leniency based on the fact that had you been "warned" you would not actually learn your lesson but rather just learn to wait and cheat later.

I am obviously noone to this community but if I was in a position of Authority I would actually EXTEND your ban rather than reduce because your posts alone show how wrong your way of thinking is.

"So I stole because noone was looking... if I had known someone was looking or they warned me that they saw me I obviously wouldnt steal..."

And that is why after seeing 100 different ban/unban requests people KEEP doing the same thing. They keep tking, they keep team hitting, they keep trying to bypass balance etc. Cause they know they get a slap on the wrist and thats it.

Admins, I would make this case a banner and a warning by being MUCH MORE STRICT and not lenient... if I were you.

But alas, I am not.
Welcome to cRPG. May more people be like you and less like OP. And you are right, admins are way too nice with the bans.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 04:51:49 pm »
My policy is strict on the servers, lenient on the forums. Anyway, this is not the place to discuss this, so I'm locking this thread.