Author Topic: [Fief Defense] 62 Signups - 34 Show Up  (Read 4642 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Re: [Fief Defense] 62 Signups - 34 Show Up
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:37 am »
This. Who would spend 1 hour+ getting killed for such a weak xp/gold reward? Boring. Best to grind battle, still.
Because it's fun?

I mean really, if the only reason you're playing a game is because you get "xp/gold" for it, then you need to sit down and re-evaluate your life.  I play games because they are fun.  Any xp/gold is secondary to that.

And I don't get the comment from bjarky that "because not everyone is getting in because of this".

Who didn't get in?  Someone from the attackers?  Because like I said, I signed up on the defender side, even with 62 signups already there and I got in.  It said "Pending" on the website still but I got to fight in the battle no problem.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 09:38:46 am »
Because it's fun?

I mean really, if the only reason you're playing a game is because you get "xp/gold" for it, then you need to sit down and re-evaluate your life.  I play games because they are fun.  Any xp/gold is secondary to that.

It is fun and more beneficial to play cRPG rather than defend NPC villages. Part of the fun of cRPG and Strategus is the advancement of your character and clan. You know, that RPG element? You must also agree that that's fun, or you'd be playing Native. Defending NPC villages currently offers you zero advancement, so part of the fun is missing.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:40:42 am by Gristle »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 09:58:04 am »
+1
Because it's fun?

It's not fun, it's fucking boring. Most of the times both sides camp and you have to wait for half an hour or even more for fights to even brake out. And those strat battles are laggy at best, atleast for me.
I play cRPG because it's fun, not because of gold/xp. But if you want me boring my life out defending some random village in strat, it better have good xp/gold rewards.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:59:42 am by Vibe »

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 11:16:28 am »
It seems that for wolves , people couldn't sign. When people tried to sign up , wolves where unable to accept them. Is that a bug , or attacker are limited to only 30 attacker?

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 11:21:41 am »
depends on army size. Village always have 90.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 11:28:05 am »
You can tell me honestly that people are putting as much effort into this strat as last time? Its piss poor slow and boring.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:14 pm »
+1
I like the suggestion but also i agree with PhantomZero.A lil tiny village of peasants shouldn't have better gear and more men then an organized army of a kingdom.
I think merc amounts should be dependent on troops of both sides.I mean attackers join battle with 1.5k troops but 500 defenders still have more mercs = Ridiculous.
My opinion:
-Add exact same punishments as Nessaj says (Maybe even more cruel punishments.)
-Let AI pay money for defender roster.
-Make merc limit dependent on troop size.
-Increase gold/xp gain from strat battles,shine it so people will be eager to participate.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 12:15:25 pm »
Currently the biggest problem is defenders not getting paid.

The way I see it is, the reward for participating in strategus battles isn't exp, but gold. I am sure 1,000 strategus gold would be plenty of motivation for a very large amount of people to show up. Imagine having 10 of your clan members each offer their sword for 1k gold. 10k gold is a potential 28 rounceys, which can completely turn the tide of a battle.

However, with the pay feature broken, the mercenaries are left without a reason to fight.

Also, the reward for successfully defending a fief should be 2x the amount you signed up for. That way, 10 clan members have a potential to net 56 rounceys. This would really entice clans to sign up as an entirety and try their best to defend neutral fiefs.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:17:10 pm by Balton »
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 02:46:24 pm »
+1
giving no shows a small punishments would be ok

-automated hall of shame which shows in strategus all guys who didnt attend and how often, those who didnt attend more often at top of list
- small CRPG and strat gold payment

@OP
ban is too harsh, out of reallife always can come something what needs to be taken care of, this is still a game, work with insentives i prefer over punishments. Also at the time a faction would get attacked, you can bet those guys are more organised and disciplened then random applicants.

@Bjarky
no idear how the calculations for the amount of slots work
in the first battle 999vs500, we had 31 slots, in the second 1406vs421 we had 29 slots.

And as long we have these uneven slots i will make the battles at times where it is more even just through bad times for most of the players. I don't like that because a lot of my members are then at sleep and don't get a chance to fight but then again they don't get a chance to fight with only 30 slots as a lot of other players will encounter the same problem. The second problem of that approach i take is that i fuck up my sleep rythem even more. I hoped i wouldn't need to do that anymore through nighttime and EU/NA map split, but here we go again ...
For the first attack i had about 80 guys in the roster and it was just awful to reject those, sry for that again, but i was bound by 30 *fucking* slots.
, not sure about the exact numbers of defenders but it looked like it was pretty much the same perhaps 2-5 more guys for defenders.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline JUNGLEJIM

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 03:52:38 pm »
I have defended 4 villages now, and probably earned less than a 1000xp - and have been paid 0gold.

Heh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 04:53:03 pm »
And I don't get the comment from bjarky that "because not everyone is getting in because of this".

Who didn't get in?  Someone from the attackers?  Because like I said, I signed up on the defender side, even with 62 signups already there and I got in.  It said "Pending" on the website still but I got to fight in the battle no problem.
You're either assuming being a Spectator is part of the battle, or you suck at checking the roster. If you were actually able to fight, then you were actually accepted. And with only 30 minutes before the match, it seems you applied, saw it was pending and didn't check again. It always says pending right after you apply. Also, with only 62 signed up to defend, it would be easy to get in as there's more slots for defense than that.

People that get accepted and don't show remove spots that others could have been using. If you were here last round of Strategus, this showed its full problematic nature when TKoV took out a town with slightly over 10 tickets. Only one registered defender even showed up.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 04:55:59 pm »
Letting neutral villages recruit more mercs than clans is not a way to fix the problem. Only postponing it. It's like peeing in your pants to keep you warm.

Instead find a way to prevent people who do not show up in matches again. Like make a database where people who not showed up are stored and the AI will avoid these people.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 05:00:56 pm »
U have to admit some strat battles are god dam boring.

The 2 ive fought in this round of strat have been fun tho so far.

I just dont wanna be in those 2k vs 2k field battles where u have to hide behind a siege shield as 2h for 30 mins - 1h becos neither side wants to attack

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »
TKoV took out a town with slightly over 10 tickets. Only one registered defender even showed up.
So?

If only 1 person wants to defend the place, then I guess that's what you get.  Are you saying that the defense roster filled up with dummy names and no other people were able to apply?

Because that did not happen here.  I was still able to apply and get accepted at the last minute.  The people who signed up and didn't show did not cause any problem that I can see.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 05:10:49 pm »
I just dont wanna be in those 2k vs 2k field battles where u have to hide behind a siege shield as 2h for 30 mins - 1h becos neither side wants to attack
That just suggests that there needs to be a reasonable attacker time limit and/or an attacker goal beyond "wipe out all the tickets".

If attackers don't want to attack then that should be game over, they lose.
Norse Horde