Author Topic: Lagkillers  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: Lagkillers
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 03:31:22 pm »
Just gonna quote a really wise man here:

-stop killing people that havent moved on their spawn.  dont matter if afk or what ever,  if they havent moved yet,  just let them be.
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:20 pm »
+1
Hi I am new.

How to Strat?
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 07:01:25 pm »
Sometimes I feel like I've helped decide the round in my teams favor by charging their spawn and basically just disrupting ranks and pulling aggro.
And how!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 12:35:35 am »
Spawnkilling for the sake of it is usually stupid. But when used effectively, it's only douchy. Like roofcamping. And roofcamping is allowed by the mod rules (except the unused asshat rule ofc.).

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 08:30:14 am »
This is true and full of truth

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 09:42:03 am »
+1
meh, imagine you could equip a magic assprobe that teleports you into the enemy spawn making you invisible,  doubling your hp and tenfolding your pierce damage against any afk targets.
 one might think its evil but at the end of the day you would just be another random dude with a high-end dildo up your ass.

concerning op:  try spawning with a small delay,  lag shouldnt be a problem a few seconds into the round.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 09:42:11 am »
Spawnkilling for the sake of it is usually stupid. But when used effectively, it's only douchy. Like roofcamping. And roofcamping is allowed by the mod rules (except the unused asshat rule ofc.).

If you don't like roofcamping, come to Byzantium server, anyone using a ladder gets kicked.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »
If I saw a cav player on my team ignore a free kill at enemy spawn I would be pissed.  That enemy could turn around and kill me, a teammate, or the cav player later in the round.

Yes it's cheap, but it's battle, not an honour simulator.  Same goes for kiting, backstabbing, you name it.

Also the only time this should legitimately happen is if you spawn in late to a game.  If you spawn at round start and are still lagging long enough for an enemy cav to reach your spawn check your computer/internet connection into a nursing home.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2011, 07:31:54 pm »
If I saw a cav player on my team ignore a free kill at enemy spawn I would be pissed.  That enemy could turn around and kill me, a teammate, or the cav player later in the round.

Yes it's cheap, but it's battle, not an honour simulator.  Same goes for kiting, backstabbing, you name it.

Also the only time this should legitimately happen is if you spawn in late to a game.  If you spawn at round start and are still lagging long enough for an enemy cav to reach your spawn check your computer/internet connection into a nursing home.
right.....
so you never changed equipment only to have some sac o shite on a Horse hit you.
It does not take long for cav to reach other spawn on some maps.

It always was something kdr whorses did pre-multi days, and I gotta tell you, killing them lamers was very very satisfying.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2011, 08:12:13 pm »
Sure it's lame.  But it's also smart.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2011, 09:00:05 pm »
Sure it's lame.  But it's also smart.
No it's not you stupid cunt.

Killing someone from behind - smart.
Ganging someone - smart.

Killing someone who has not even got into the game yet because of some shit connection or pc means you are a kdr fuckwad who does not want to play, only win.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2011, 09:37:12 pm »
I don't rightfully understand the complaints here. It does seem kind of cheap if you spawn later in the round and there's cav everywhere and the map doesn't have some sort of cover nearby but that's one round and maybe it happened because you were just starting up.

But you boot up the game, join a game, and then go afk at the start of the round? Honestly what do you think is going to happen? I have come back from being afk and right as I put my headphones on I've gotten lanced in the back. Still, even now I get lanced because I'm not paying attention on the way to no-man's land swinging and feinting like a lunatic for fun but it's your fault

And how!

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2011, 09:57:20 pm »
+1
I love doing this, whenever I kill someone like this I get sexual pleasure.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2011, 10:54:38 pm »
/thread.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2011, 12:03:48 am »
Hmmm. Not really what I expected in comments.
I don't rightfully understand the complaints here. It does seem kind of cheap if you spawn later in the round and there's cav everywhere and the map doesn't have some sort of cover nearby but that's one round and maybe it happened because you were just starting up.

But you boot up the game, join a game, and then go afk at the start of the round? Honestly what do you think is going to happen? I have come back from being afk and right as I put my headphones on I've gotten lanced in the back. Still, even now I get lanced because I'm not paying attention on the way to no-man's land swinging and feinting like a lunatic for fun but it's your fault.                                                                           ...... Are you serious? This is unavoidable as I have said I lag. If there is about 10 ppl left on the other team and the guy at spawn is obviously afk then Ill put a lance through him. But if there are still about 50 ppl left and the guy is LAGGING.. (what I said) then that is just wrong. That my old friend is blatantly ignoring the other team and going straight for a lagger to make up for the kills he can't get. That Is what I think is wrong...                                                                                                     
No it's not you stupid cunt.

Killing someone from behind - smart.
Ganging someone - smart.

Killing someone who has not even got into the game yet because of some shit connection or pc means you are a kdr fuckwad who does not want to play, only win.

God Bless You Sir!! stole the words from me. BTW I dunno why my reply showed up in the quote.. I am
Doing this on my iPod.

.          Yes this is a battle simulator. So in agincourt the French cavalry charged around the trees to kill the english fucking afk?!!??!!??!! No they didnt. If you want a battle sim let them be. It is dishonourable and I fear against the spirit of the game. Yes that guy may then kill you. But as a fellow player it is his right to play the game and kill you and if he does he is a better player than you. If you charge him when he lags that Is cowardly and noobish and is just annoying.