Author Topic: Lagkillers  (Read 6149 times)

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Lagkillers
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2011, 04:48:55 am »
Even with lag it's still nature's law that if you're being chased by something faster then you you can cut at a 90 degree angle and get away (usually).

And who lags that badly at the start of the round that you can't at least stay with the group? Even if you take a minute to switch your equipment around there's usually other people who spawn late and are doing the same.
And how!

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2011, 05:33:42 am »
No it's not you stupid cunt.

Get angry.  Don't know where that came from but not gonna bother if you can't be civil.

Yes this is a battle simulator. So in agincourt the French cavalry charged around the trees to kill the english fucking afk?!!??!!??!! No they didnt. If you want a battle sim let them be. It is dishonourable and I fear against the spirit of the game. Yes that guy may then kill you. But as a fellow player it is his right to play the game and kill you and if he does he is a better player than you. If you charge him when he lags that Is cowardly and noobish and is just annoying.
If you see some enemy in a corner not moving so you take the kill, or do you sit there waiting with upblock ready to engage in glorious honorable combat?  Of course you kill them and move on.  Same thing with cav picking off people who aren't being attentive/lagging at spawn.

And the argument about people "having a right" to lag or whatever is bogus.  My computer is on the verge of death and I freeze up occasionally for a few seconds in battle.  Sometimes that gets me killed, and that sucks.  Am I going to blame the enemy I was fighting for using that moment to their advantage and killing me?  Of course not, it's my fault for being a dumbass who damaged my power supply with water.

I think this concern about cav spawn killing laggers is being blown way out of proportion.  With coursers nerfed and fewer maps with really close spawns this happens rarely.  Sometimes you might join a round late and you'll spawn in when the action is already all around you, but most of the time you should have plenty of time to get your bearings before getting couched.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2011, 05:36:47 am »
Well, it depends. If it's a melee guy (especially if it's someone I know) I sometimes run up to them and give then a kick. I enjoy duelling^^

If it's a ranged guy tho - no mercy.

Pikers or maulers won't be "spared" either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fat?
  • Game nicks: Fat
  • IRC nick: Ryden
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2011, 06:00:43 am »
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icVDorK9Je4

^ in reference to someone guarding you while you lag amirite.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2011, 06:06:09 am »
Get angry.  Don't know where that came from but not gonna bother if you can't be civil.
If you see some enemy in a corner not moving so you take the kill, or do you sit there waiting with upblock ready to engage in glorious honorable combat?  Of course you kill them and move on.  Same thing with cav picking off people who aren't being attentive/lagging at spawn.

And the argument about people "having a right" to lag or whatever is bogus.  My computer is on the verge of death and I freeze up occasionally for a few seconds in battle.  Sometimes that gets me killed, and that sucks.  Am I going to blame the enemy I was fighting for using that moment to their advantage and killing me?  Of course not, it's my fault for being a dumbass who damaged my power supply with water.

I think this concern about cav spawn killing laggers is being blown way out of proportion.  With coursers nerfed and fewer maps with really close spawns this happens rarely.  Sometimes you might join a round late and you'll spawn in when the action is already all around you, but most of the time you should have plenty of time to get your bearings before getting couched.
Holy shit...
Try random plains, spend 30 seconds changing your gear and you will spawn right in the path of some charging nimrod.

There's no point being civil if you refuse to look at anyone else's point of view, nor do we need to hear these dumb ass justifications for killing afks that have little to do with the OP's problem - which is slow to join. I could give a crap about the asshole leechers who go afk - kill them fuckers with my blessing, especially if it is past the 1 minute mark into the game.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2011, 10:32:29 am »

.         No no no. I mean if you ain't even moved at spawn yet and some idiot has gone out of his way to kill someone who hasn't even moved when there are about 30 other enemies around him. This honourable shit youre saying I don't get. I am saying that it is against the spirit of the game to kill somebody who hasn't moved when you could be actually helpIng your team and not dieing to piss one person off who was lagging. If someone Is clearly AFK and the initial chrge of the battle is over then who is gonna wait for him? I agree that It is stupid to wait for them to come back. But at the start of a round people Should be able to choose equipment or lag or whatever without these idiot cavalry coming. If someone has now moved at spawn but is only about 10 seconds into the round it is not your kill to take. Oh yeah and if you see someone who Is afk you dint sit there with upblock... You kill them. Or if there are still around 40 people you left you should ride away and help your team.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 03:16:00 pm »
+1
It's not the enemy's fault you aren't prepared.  If you load into a battle server and spend up to 30 seconds (30 seconds?!?!) picking out gear before spawning that isn't you lagging, that's you being slow.

IF on the other hand it takes your character 10+ seconds consistently to stop lagging at spawn you need some new hardware or need to adjust your settings (maybe un-check load textures on demand).  Again, your problem, don't blame enemy cav for taking advantage of the opportunity.

The "spirit" of the game is to win the battle, of course doing so within the confines of the rules (no cheating/exploits etc).  There is nothing inherently wrong with killing someone at spawn if the enemy is too slow to react.  Is it a cheapshot?  Of course it is, but it is still within the confines of the game rules and still (imo) retains the 'spirit'.  Guess what else is cheap but within the confines of the game:

-Taking advantage of the 'long' polestun proc to net a free hit.
-Crushthrough
-Scoring a free hit on someone who is knocked down
-Kicking someone who has fallen to net another free hit
-Backstabs
-Teaming up on lone enemies/small groups
-Kiting to get extra ranged fire in
-Cav Bump-slashing
-Beating up on peasants who can't effectively defend themselves

All of the above things take advantage of an open opportunity to score a hit/kill on someone when they have very little ability to defend themselves.  I've been killed and have killed people in battle countless times because of these things, but that's how it goes because...it's battle.  I have 0 problems with that other than being upset I died.

But even if you take all of that away, what purpose do you actually have with the complaints?  What do you expect admins to do to rectify this problem?  There is no good solution, it's just whining for whining's sake.  The ONLY valid good thing I could see coming from this discussion is to revisit spawns on problematic maps and make sure there is enough distance between the two to prevent +3 coursers from being able to reach the enemy spawn for a long enough time.

TLDR: I am Xant and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2011, 05:54:41 pm »
Mr Shine:
Wow, seriously, congrats on obfuscating the issue! Please, perhaps you could bring up the length of a 1hander or the upkeep cost of heavy armour.

You just listed non relevant examples in an attempt to justify ONE shitty play.

Civil? Come on, your stupidity here is insulting. None from your list is worth making much of a post about, but thanks for listing them.

The reason you are indeed such a stupid cunt, and may remain so, is that the guy is not whinging about anything except NOT GETTING A CHANCE TO ACTUALLY PLAY. It's stupid fucks like you who for no good reason make THAT guy's playing experience an exercise in deathcam viewing just because he has some connection problems. So his playing experience consists of spawning and dying, without the actually fun part of taking a swing before he dies - oh that's gonna build the player base - YOU are part of the fucking problem.

Good thing battle is not respawn, because I can tell you would sit there and spawn rape new players and tell yourself you are good.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2011, 06:42:44 pm »
Because of this thread, rather, because of you Zisa, I'm going to make it a point that whenever I decide to ride my horse to take it to the spawn at the beginning of the round and kill anyone who is motionless.
And how!

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2011, 06:44:31 pm »
Because of this thread, rather, because of you Zisa, I'm going to make it a point that whenever I decide to ride my horse to take it to the spawn at the beginning of the round and kill anyone who is motionless.
Excellent, contribute to the mass stupidity and hope I am not waiting for you.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2011, 07:08:01 pm »
Mr Shine:
Wow, seriously, congrats on obfuscating the issue! Please, perhaps you could bring up the length of a 1hander or the upkeep cost of heavy armour.

You just listed non relevant examples in an attempt to justify ONE shitty play.

Civil? Come on, your stupidity here is insulting. None from your list is worth making much of a post about, but thanks for listing them.

The reason you are indeed such a stupid cunt, and may remain so, is that the guy is not whinging about anything except NOT GETTING A CHANCE TO ACTUALLY PLAY. It's stupid fucks like you who for no good reason make THAT guy's playing experience an exercise in deathcam viewing just because he has some connection problems. So his playing experience consists of spawning and dying, without the actually fun part of taking a swing before he dies - oh that's gonna build the player base - YOU are part of the fucking problem.

Good thing battle is not respawn, because I can tell you would sit there and spawn rape new players and tell yourself you are good.

The issue?  What issue, there is no issue.  The OP is complaining that because HIS internet is shitty OTHERS should adapt their playstyle to accommodate him.   

I'm not going to go onto the EU servers and complain about how they aren't taking it easy on me.  It's my problem, not theirs.  Solution = join a different server that serves me better.   Same issue with a laggy computer.  Solution = reduce settings or buy a better machine.  The solution is NOT asking other players with perfectly good connections and perfectly good computers to pull their punches to accommodate my problem.

Funny part is I'm not even much of an elitist; I'm a pretty nice reasonable fucking guy if you actually knew me (instead of calling me a cunt and a fuck).  There's a reason this thread got trolled into oblivion on the first page; the OP is just a whine and the solution is common sense.

But if you insist this thread needs to go on (it doesn't) I ask you this: how would you solve this problem?  What steps would you take to rectify the situation the OP describes?

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2011, 07:11:11 pm »
Why the hell should i adjust my settings or get new hardware because of stat whores like you? And btw all the other things you have listed are actual gameplay issues that you find terribly unfair but i think is just battle. Battle is not however killing ppl lagging as that is just due to stat whores that sadly weren't around in the time of this game. To stay alive the men didn't think "Oh i have to go and kill that AFK guy as it boosts my KD". However they would find it smart to gang enemies as it is a tactic. You're argument is ridiculous and i know you will try and make excuses and reply to this post in a way you find clever but overall it is childish and stupid to go out of your way to piss ppl off and the cRPG community could do very well without you. Good day sir. :twisted:

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2011, 07:12:54 pm »
Seriously, is it really that hard?

Don't. Be. A. Douche.

If you really just want to win that bad, then I think you're missing out on the main point of the game, which is to have a good time.

And besides, if there weren't a community, there wouldn't be a game. I dunno, but shitting on the community is the last thing you should do imo.

Also, what's the fun in killing someone who doesn't have a chance to fight back? O.o

Imagine the scenario where the entire enemy team would be standing completely still, not fighting back. You'd win every round and rock dat constant x5! Great! Not.

Also /puke at your ranting about how people should get new gear to eliminate lag. Some people have a really shitty connection/comp, but give them 30 sec at the start of the first round and they'll play just like everyone else. Is that such a huge pain? In what way does it hurt you?

Really, just be decent and don't screw people over for no reason.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2011, 07:14:10 pm »
Don't attack spawns until one minute has past.

Did anyone think spawn raping in strategus was fun? If so, you will never get it.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2011, 07:20:18 pm »
The issue?  What issue, there is no issue.  The OP is complaining that because HIS internet is shitty OTHERS should adapt their playstyle to accommodate him.   

I'm not going to go onto the EU servers and complain about how they aren't taking it easy on me.  It's my problem, not theirs.  Solution = join a different server that serves me better.   Same issue with a laggy computer.  Solution = reduce settings or buy a better machine.  The solution is NOT asking other players with perfectly good connections and perfectly good computers to pull their punches to accommodate my problem.

Funny part is I'm not even much of an elitist; I'm a pretty nice reasonable fucking guy if you actually knew me (instead of calling me a cunt and a fuck).  There's a reason this thread got trolled into oblivion on the first page; the OP is just a whine and the solution is common sense.

But if you insist this thread needs to go on (it doesn't) I ask you this: how would you solve this problem?  What steps would you take to rectify the situation the OP describes?
                     You call it a fucking "playstyle". You call stat whores "players". "Taking it easy".. Well i just had i nice little tea bag on a few stat whores that i tricked into believing i was afk and it was good. You are obviously incapable as a player to get kills and are raging now that someone says that what you do is wrong. OP is a whine. WTF are you on about. I have been perfectly reasonable i thought and asked if this is annoying anyone else. There is no need to be rude meht. Me and Zisa think that you are being stupid to rush over to enemy spawn and have all those "Free Kills" that you cant get. There is no way i will alter my comp as it is perfectly fine. What is not fine is the immaturity and the cowardice of other players that i hope give this game up. And "PUll their punches"??. Dont you mean stop being a dickhead and man up and best your foes in melee combat rather than killing them whilst they dont move or are lagging. Please reevaluate your next post and think is this relevant and a decent post or am i being "a stupid cunt" and should i alter this post. Good day.