Author Topic: Make it so people can not multibox  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Make it so people can not multibox
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 07:09:45 pm »
I can't imagine how anyone could do enough damage in thirty seconds or so of the round start for this to be an issue.

Miley for exemple, does a suicide rush with his one hit crush through barmace, then reconnect once dead to do it again on the now thinned out enemy numbers.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 07:20:30 pm »
so they spawn, get to the other team, kill a bunch of people, die, disconnect, select the new character, reconnect all in under 60 seconds? all for the ultimate goal of going from 1x to 2x?

I'm calling BS till i see a youtube video of this legit happening.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 07:43:32 pm »
The only person I have ever encountered that does this has been Miley, who does it quite often. Regardless, just make it a perma ban for the offense, and the problem will be fixed. The one-minute spawn is an awesome change from the lesser time that it was in the past.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 08:02:39 pm »
I left the 100 man NA server just to rejoin last night after I had spawned between walls on one of the new maps and was stuck. I only had a 1x multiplier at the time, so it made sense to me.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 01:20:02 pm »
Ahaha, I thought this thread was about multi boxing! oh was I wrong!
It is a thread about rejoining. Completely different thing. And I honestly don't care too much for the rejoiners, Lol they go to 1x & have all their gear damaged as a leaving penalty (unless i am mistaken). Why should I care? Let the idiots try to die.

But on another note, Multiboxing. Oh my god multiboxing.
And by multiboxxing i mean being logged in with the same character to two different servers, getting double exp. A lot of people do that.
I don't know if they can fix it. There are already counter measures that autokick the second character, but it doesn't work always.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 04:17:32 pm »
But on another note, Multiboxing. Oh my god multiboxing.
And by multiboxxing i mean being logged in with the same character to two different servers, getting double exp. A lot of people do that.
I don't know if they can fix it. There are already counter measures that autokick the second character, but it doesn't work always.

thats actually not multiboxing either.

Multiboxing is playing multiple characters, on multiple computers on the same server using 1 mouse and 1 keyboard.

People did this alot in WoW with mage classes, they would have 5-10 mages and cast tthe same spell 5-10 at a time and insta kill everything.

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Caldaria (Bridge Burners)
  • Game nicks: Stang_the_Swilling
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 04:50:18 pm »
I don't find any of this as a problem at all, I mean, think of it this way. You killed one of their team and a new person just came into the server. It wouldn't be anymore different then that. One enemy is dead and a new challenger appeared....ooooo ahhhh....

Plus, this at the moment shouldnt resort in ban or kick of any kind for they haven't approached it as as rule yet. Therefore no rule, nothing broken. No crime committed.

P.S. If this rejoining is such a horrible problem, god forbid you play in siege. People in siege die and come back all the time,(they all must be hackers)
I wear armor to protect myself from team mates.

That's right I am the beast master. Now, prepare to be tamed bitches!

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 05:25:39 pm »

Multiboxing is playing multiple characters, on multiple computers on the same server using 1 mouse and 1 keyboard.

People did this alot in WoW with mage

Imagine the M&B application! Archer Volleys, Phalanxes, cavalry charges!

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Caldaria (Bridge Burners)
  • Game nicks: Stang_the_Swilling
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 05:47:43 pm »
Imagine the M&B application! Archer Volleys, Phalanxes, cavalry charges!

This is if and only IF  your computer can handle that much of this game going at once. Honestly you'd need probably five apps going at once for any of these to be useful at all, and then think of how horrible your ping would be trying to suck up all that info at once. Basically, I highly doubt anyone in crpg has the money/time to bother with that, and if they do? Then well, let the dying alone virgin waste his life doing so, so he may at least find some joy in his pathetic waste of life and money.
I wear armor to protect myself from team mates.

That's right I am the beast master. Now, prepare to be tamed bitches!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 05:59:38 pm »
If they rejoin who is to say they will even be on the same team as their last character?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 01:45:22 am »

People did this alot in WoW with mage classes, they would have 5-10 mages and cast tthe same spell 5-10 at a time and insta kill everything.

Screw WoW and your endless references to things it stole! Everquest was the first game where 5 Wizards could use a nuke to kill a raid level encounter that normally required 40 players to defeat.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Trael

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Artle
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 08:21:25 pm »
Miley for exemple, does a suicide rush with his one hit crush through barmace, then reconnect once dead to do it again on the now thinned out enemy numbers.

Have i kind of missed something, becouse atleast on european servers autobalance works so that its COMPLETELY RANDOM to what team you end after joining, no matter what you choose. (well not completely completely random, but frow view of player totally random "got insta autoplaced on team with 10 players more that other team...")

And what comes to delay... yeah 15seconds... and i cant play ever on first round & some of maps end up being completely unplayable. When round starts i have terrible lags for about 30 seconds, causing game to be completely unplayable, so in smaller maps i have to wait in inventory selection screen for that 30 seconds before spawning or else someone has killed me BEFORE game even tells me THAT ROUND STARTED and lets me move.

So really, if someone is doing that they are gaining one uneffective (becouse it has to be so fast) suidice run with big effort every round and while doing it they randomize their team (to most likely loosing team if autobalance is working at all...) so its not like they are getting any real benefit or so compared to need to time things and click menus. (random team and constant rejoining causes their multipliers to stay at 1x, so no expensive armors forever or so)

Atleast not enough to cause need for change that would mess up quite completely change of playing from multiple proper players not using that thing.

so as someone who does not care to buy new computer just becouse i get some lagginess in start of rounds, i would say thank you for shutting up about this and just banning or something of those players if nessessary.