Author Topic: Plated Charger.  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Plated Charger.
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:00:05 pm »
I see more and more plated chargers around, it seems. I like this. To me, when these guys are about, it is some midpoint between Medieval Big Game Hunting (when I am shooting them down from my spawn to theirs) and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbpfu-Fi9N8

when they are attempting to kill me. I love it. What a collosal waste of crpg gold. But so fun to fight.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:05:54 pm by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Bromagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Plated Charger.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:31:33 pm »
+2
I am not an animal lover or something like that but I believe killing an animal for entertainment and fun should be abolished... things like these really show how fucked up a culture can be that calls itself "modern" and "civilized" ... I don't understand how killing a living animal that can't really defend itself or doesn't even understand what is going on can be pleasurable or give people the feeling that they achieved something...

Last time I checked worshiping meant to preserve and celebrate something.. not to destroy it..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:37:07 pm by Bromagi »
"A pint of ale will make your nipples stale"- Brogg

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:41:09 pm »
Yeh, it's so much more proper for them to live and die in an industrial chain, where their death is bleeding out while hung from their feet, surrounded by hundreds of animals in the same condition, while at most any human around see's them as nothing but another number. Glorifying their strength and endurance in a one sided contest is totally barbaric in comparison, for sure.
/sarcasm.
We're so totally disconnected from reality as far as meat goes. This woman I know couldn't bring herself to eat a chicken she had seen killed, simply because all of a sudden a chicken leg wasn't just this piece of food that popped seemingly out of nowhere, but an actual leg of an actual chicken. If it was up to me everyone who ever wants to eat meat again should kill the animal themselves in whatever ritualized manner they prefer. You could just do the classic bash them in the head with an axe to stun them, then cutting their throat if thats your thing.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:44:54 pm by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 04:44:17 pm »
+1
Last time I checked worshiping meant to preserve and celebrate something.. not to destroy it..

You're not very familiar with the history of religion, are you? Does sacrifice ring a bell?

Offline Bromagi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 05:35:44 pm »
There is a difference in killing an animal with a bolt to the head and killing an animal with sharp spears and waiting for it to bleed to death after having chased it around town, putting it under unnecessary stress... I eat meat and always will eat meat but only if the method of killing the animal is swift and not to wait until it bleeds out while people are cheering around and gaining amusement from it.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 05:47:29 pm »
I am not an animal lover or something like that but I believe killing an animal for entertainment and fun should be abolished... things like these really show how fucked up a culture can be that calls itself "modern" and "civilized" ... I don't understand how killing a living animal that can't really defend itself or doesn't even understand what is going on can be pleasurable or give people the feeling that they achieved something...

I understand that it may seem mean to make these bulls "fight". But you havent understood the "fight". There is nothing modern or civilized about the Torero, its simple and ancient worship of the bull. There is no "fun" for the man in the suit of lights, and there is no fun for the crowd. "Entertainment" doesn't always equal fun. They come to see the killing of the bull. An animal bred for almost 20,000 years to fight, bravely and honourably, untill the death. And that is just in its modern form. This animal will never try to sneak attack, or to run away. It is the most noble of all animals. The crowd come to see how a man uses his WILL to dominate this animal, and to have confirmed for them that although men cheat and steal and backstab, purity of purpose and will still excist.

As to "doesn't even understand", the bull understands: It is bred, raised and trained to fight. It is IN the ring because it is the of the BEST genetic material, it LIVES to fight. If the bull does NOT fight, you cannot MAKE it fight. If the bull refuses to fight, it is taken from the ring.

"Can't really defend itself" ??!! There is no Torero alive today without many scars where he has lost a match against a great bull. We remember the names of ALL the great fighters in my culture: Both men AND bulls.

How do you think the genes are past on? The bravest and strongest bulls are not killed, once they have fought and proved how great they are, they become stud bulls for the next generation: These animals are not captured from the wild and baited to fight, nor are they hunted with technology:

One man puts his very LIFE on the line: His purpose is not simply to KILL: He stands in front of the bull and gets the BEST from that bull, he builds that bull up, he builds it up and gets the best from it, he bends and shapes the bull, giving it encouragement, and bravery, and keeping things fair: if he makes one mistake, the bull will kill him, and the bull knows this also.

These animals are kept in the best manner untill they are ready to fight, they live at extraordinary expense. I would rather be kept in such condition, the very lap of luxury, untill the day came that I gave my ALL to show how great I was, than to live as the rest of the taurine population does: Kept in the bare legal minimum of coditions, fed on offal and other things unnatural to a bovine, untill I was slain with no chance to fight for my life.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 05:50:53 pm »
I think this belongs in the other General Talk.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 05:51:37 pm »
There is a difference in killing an animal with a bolt to the head and killing an animal with sharp spears and waiting for it to bleed to death after having chased it around town, putting it under unnecessary stress... I eat meat and always will eat meat but only if the method of killing the animal is swift and not to wait until it bleeds out while people are cheering around and gaining amusement from it.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? SPEARS? BLEED TO DEATH?? CHASED?? Are you retarded??

I don't know what fucked up things they do whereever you are from, but where I'm from the Bull is not chased, nor does it ever bleed to death, nor does anyone laugh at it.

ONE MAN fights it armed only with a cape, and when the time comes and the bull has shown that it is a brave and stron animal, the torero kills it with a single thrust of a sword, severing the spine and puncturing the heart, giving the bull a painless and very fast death...

I honestly don't know what could be worse, that you have imagined what you describe or that someone has shown/taught you that bulls are baited or tortured during a bullfight: In Spain we WORSHIP the bull, we watch it fight with honour and we respect its strengh and power, and then we remember it's name and the glory of its beauty and form. We dont torture animals...

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 05:53:54 pm »
Let's be honest here, there is nothing "fair" about bullfighting (or "toreo"), the bull is pelted with spears, and worked up by a minor army before the "hero" comes in to battle him "fairly" (with a sword...).

Fair would be to send in the man naked and with no weapons against a bull that is completely healthy and not wounded.

Then you'd see your "genetic superiority".

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Bromagi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 06:00:31 pm »
Just because it is tradition or part of some religion doesn't make it right... in my country and many countries i have lived in letting dogs fight in a ring is not allowed or even letting chickens fight is illegal for obvious reasons.. what makes bullfights legal or what justifies this ritual where the animal is harmed ... religion cannot be your means of justifications since we all know most religions are based on false sources

I will not longer argue about this with you, peace

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 06:01:32 pm »
Behold, cultural differences!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 06:18:02 pm »
Let's be honest here, there is nothing "fair" about bullfighting (or "toreo"), the bull is pelted with spears, and worked up by a minor army before the "hero" comes in to battle him "fairly" (with a sword...).

Fair would be to send in the man naked and with no weapons against a bull that is completely healthy and not wounded.

Then you'd see your "genetic superiority".

Noone ever said that it is a "fight" in the sense that the two animals (man and bull) are evenly matched, and no, a good bullfighter does not have a minor "army", those that you see are a perversion of the culture, and cowardly men have those picadores stab the bull. A real "spectacle" is one man, with ONLY a cape, he does not carry the sword untill the closing minutes. He will have his "cuadrilla" there, for sure: 2 other, lesser toreros with large capes and 2 mounted men with spears incase he FAILS: in the event the bull tosses the Torero and starts to gore him on the ground, they enter the ring to attemp to save his life, they dont "work the bull over". I know what you have seen, and you must understand, that is NOT a real "spectacle".

In the event that a bull's horns are SO big, and his shoulders SO high and strong that killing him painlessly would NOT be possible, then THE TORERO himself take 2 "javelins" (he does not throw them but they have no direct translation into english) and he stands in the bulls charge and as the bull reaches him the reaches OVER the horns, plants both the "javs" into the shoulder muscles and then he must use this impulse to get either OVER or AROUND the horns, before instant death takes him.

He does this so the bull lowers his head more during his charge, so that when the time comes, and Torero again stands "naked" with no cape before the charge, he can slide the "sword" (it has no blade, and is very short) into the small spot between the shoulder muscles, THE ONLY SPOT on the bulls back where it will penetrate, and the "sword" severs the spine and punctures the heart. Most bulls die before they even feel the sword.

The spot that the Torero must strike is (approx. of course as it varies by bull) 2 inches wide by 1.5 inches long. Anywhere else and he has just bent/broken his sword. Again, a poor bullfighter at this point will request another sword, a good one will simply stand infront of the bull and straighten his sword. A good Torero also kills "recibiendo", as the bull charges. If he does not get it right, he is dead. As simple as that. Many men take a horn in the side or arse during a complicated turn or because a bull gets distracted and pulls sideways and survive it. But noone survives the "cornada" in full charge: it will take you in the chest and you will be dead before your body hits the sand.

REMEMBER: the words BULLFIGHT and BULLFIGHTER are not used in spain: This is not a fight to see which is the superior, it is a ritualistic sacrifice: When it is performed well, we all get to see the most noble of animals in his natural element: Charging, fighting, 100% commited. And when it is over, we see it die painlessly and instantly, and it will remid us of how shitty we are as a race. But also, you cannot take anything away from a real Torero: He risks his life to show us how great and magnificient the bull is. Good "bullfighters" deserve our respect, because whatever else you may say, they are brave: to stand infront of certain death and dance with it, takes "un par de huevos".

As to Bromagi: It is not part of any religion, as I said, it predates all religions known on the planet today, it is simply a way to honour and show the greatness of the bull. And nice way to end an argument: spout a load of completely unrelated bullshit and then bow out without admitting you were wrong.

There is NOTHING alike between the sacrifice of a bull and a dogfight: a dogfight is PURELY to see 2 animals tear each other apart for money and bloodlust of the spectators, if in a Bullfight the Matador (literally: Killer of bulls) cannot kill the animal quickly and painlessly he will be Boo'ed from the ring and the bull will be taken for painless death atan abatour. We dont go to the ring to see bulls be attacked or tortured, or to see their blood and pain, we go to see how well they fight, how bravely they come on, how they charge and the beauty of their form, they are true warrior creatures, the most noble of all mamals.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 06:23:28 pm »
animals are invented to eat      .

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 06:26:01 pm »
I'm not barking at toreo as a tradition (ritual sacrifice, as you put it), the only thing that got me was the fact that you wrote that there is anything fair about it.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 06:41:57 pm »
sigh.
Nice video.

Ask yourself.. do you want to be reincarnated as an industrial chicken or as a bull. And yes, some of you fuckers are coming back as chickens.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog