Author Topic: Crafting/ Selling items?  (Read 572 times)

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
Crafting/ Selling items?
« on: October 21, 2011, 09:09:01 am »
Hey this is the first time I'm really trying Strategus.

Can someone explain to me how to sell goods to locations? Also, how do I know what "goods" I have and if I can sell them etc. How do I make a profit? This is all I see:

Trading goods:
Embroidered Hats
Good price: 25 gold
Fief prosperity: +0
Good transaction tax: 1%
Item cost: 25.25 gold

Also, how much do troops cost when you reach 50? What is the the upkeep? For example, 1 gold per hour per 10 troops?

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
Re: Crafting/ Selling items?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:49:56 pm »
read the first 3 sticky's in this section, that should answer most of it.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:26:28 pm »
+1
Each town has a price it will pay.  That town will pay 25.25 gold for anything you bring to it.

That's one of the more expensive items, though, which means that your town is good for two things:
a) Making items somewhere else and selling them there
or
b) Making items there and then immediately selling them (for 12.5 gold profit each, because when you craft them they are half off and half off of "a lot" is "a lot")

Meanwhile, a town with a 5 gold item is really only good for making things there and carting them somewhere else -- but it's VERY good for that.  Ideally you'd like to find two towns like this right next to each other -- make a bunch at the 5 gold town and cart them to the 25 gold town and bingo, loads of cash.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 01:48:30 pm »
Hey this is the first time I'm really trying Strategus.

Can someone explain to me how to sell goods to locations? Also, how do I know what "goods" I have and if I can sell them etc. How do I make a profit? This is all I see:

Trading goods:
Embroidered Hats
Good price: 25 gold
Fief prosperity: +0
Good transaction tax: 1%
Item cost: 25.25 gold

Also, how much do troops cost when you reach 50? What is the the upkeep? For example, 1 gold per hour per 10 troops?

Troops I think from what little is posted that it is 1 gold for the first 49 and then 1 additional gold for every 12 afterwards.  They also slow you down also, but I can't find that formula (I have 51 troops and move, at the fastest, 23.215)

1.  You can have 1 good at a time (which really makes it more difficult than it needs to be.)
2.  you craft the good in the village you are in, based on the effiency of that village (100% eff. guarantees 1 good per hour.)
3.  You pay a 1 gold visitation fee, your troop upkeep fee, and the cost of crafting the good (it varies...in your town it is probably 1 gold for visitation + troops upkeep + 13 gold to craft = total cost of good)
4.  You then have to run around looking for a place to sell your good for a profit (traveling further gives more $$$ but is risky) or you sell it in your fief for twice the cost of the good only (you eat the visitation and upkeep costs.)
5.  you can also try to make items you can smith, but then you have to find another player to buy them.

you can sell anywhere just check the price to make sure you are not loosing $$$

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 06:31:39 pm »
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys.

This is a dumb question though, I can't figure out whether or not I actually have a good, and how do I sell it. Do I go to the "transfer menu" and then "send" the item to the location??