Author Topic: Wrong repair  (Read 839 times)

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
Wrong repair
« on: February 05, 2011, 05:01:52 pm »
Last round I picked up a Nodachi (not my, and I haven't got another) and after end of the round it broke and repaired using my money.

PS: If there is another topic like this, sorry

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Re: Wrong repair
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:21:41 pm »
If you use it you must pay for it, it's normal. If you don't want to pay repair for picked up items, just drop them before the round end. If you keep it, you'll pay for it.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:31:55 pm »
Then how is it that I have to pay upkeep for my dropped items? So both the dropper and whoever picks it up pay for the same item? That's a bug or unfinished feature.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 11:33:03 am »
Then how is it that I have to pay upkeep for my dropped items? So both the dropper and whoever picks it up pay for the same item? That's a bug or unfinished feature.

No, you only pay for weapons that you spawn with. But if you pick up a weapon and don't drop it before the next round, you spawn with it, and so you will have to pay for it if it breaks.

There is a workaround for this, however, if you like to loot weapons often. If you turn autorepair off, you won't repair looted weapons. I actually considered making a character who only spawned with armor, and just looted a weapon every round.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:19:02 pm »
as far as i know, it has 4% break chance per minute you sue it.

If you wear the nodachi at the end of a minute, there's 4% chance you will have to pay repair.

If you drop the weapon you spawn with before first minute, you wont have to pay for it

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 02:14:07 pm »
No, you only pay for weapons that you spawn with. But if you pick up a weapon and don't drop it before the next round, you spawn with it, and so you will have to pay for it if it breaks.

There is a workaround for this, however, if you like to loot weapons often. If you turn autorepair off, you won't repair looted weapons. I actually considered making a character who only spawned with armor, and just looted a weapon every round.

Yes I spawn with extra weapons and drop them for my teammates. I have to pay upkeep for those.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.