Poll

Should the polearm stun be removed from cRPG ?

yes
54 (49.5%)
yes, but it should stay for some specific polearms
35 (32.1%)
no
20 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 04, 2011, 02:31:06 am

Author Topic: Remove the polearm stun in the next patch please.  (Read 40081 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Remove the polearm stagger in the next patch please.
« Reply #450 on: April 08, 2012, 07:00:30 pm »
+3
Change the two handed stab and im fine with polestagger getting removed.
+1

Okay, but in that case thrust damage should be buffed a little bit.
My suggestion is a weird one. A stab from a thick blade (most 2h swords and some 1h swords) would definitely do more damage because of the bigger size, but would also be way harder to actually penetrate armour. Thus I say we give all/most 2h swords and some/few 1h swords huge damage (35-45) on the stabs, but they do Cut to represent their bad piercing ability. Who's with me?

Also, now that I think about it. This should also be for some spears too. A spear isn't really good at piercing armour (unlike the spike of a poleaxe or the long spike-thingie that an awlpike is), so they should probably get this too.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 09, 2012, 10:26:26 am »
+1

My suggestion is a weird one. A stab from a thick blade (most 2h swords and some 1h swords) would definitely do more damage because of the bigger size, but would also be way harder to actually penetrate armour. Thus I say we give all/most 2h swords and some/few 1h swords huge damage (35-45) on the stabs, but they do Cut to represent their bad piercing ability. Who's with me?

Also, now that I think about it. This should also be for some spears too. A spear isn't really good at piercing armour (unlike the spike of a poleaxe or the long spike-thingie that an awlpike is), so they should probably get this too.
Good suggestion +1 for it. I think it will lead to more diversity in weapons on battlefield and armor become more useful. Buff to spear and 2hswords should be between +3 or +5 dam on trust then.
On other hand this could lead to awlpike plague if they weren't balanced properly to this change.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #452 on: April 09, 2012, 07:43:29 pm »
fail fail fail, you all fail , you want to remove 1 big ass gamebreaking problem and replace it with tons of other problems to compensate for the feeling of loss from that one totally op problem, gtfo, just remove polestagger, and be done with, 2 handed animation op? gtfo, alot could also claim the left to right swing of 1handed over shoulder: should be remade because its actually a pretty damn eazy insta headhitting swing, spears reach abusing with insanely fast thrusts and repeatability of these thrusts and the list can go on for a while. stay ontopic. imo polestun being removed will only do crpg good, and wont kill the game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #453 on: April 09, 2012, 11:37:02 pm »
+2
Maybe if the over-the shoulder left swing on a  one hander could hit outside the range of almost every other melee weapon while having a very sizable window from start to finish within the animation to cause damage, then you might have a decent point. Two Handers already have it stupidly easy with the different great swords,superior side swing animations and so on. Honestly, If you don't think the two handed stab is stupid as it is right now then I don't think we have anything to discuss. Also, you seem to have missed the point of the post while inadvertently giving another example supporting it. It wasn't meant to go off topic but point out that most weapons have at least one really stupid feature/mechanic. Pole stagger is no more annoying than most others as far as im concerned.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:46:28 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #454 on: April 09, 2012, 11:42:45 pm »
Plz fix this shit all rdy...

Add knockdown tags gogogogogo
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #455 on: April 09, 2012, 11:44:54 pm »
Maybe if the over-the shoulder left swing on a  one hander could hit outside the range of almost every other melee weapon while having a very sizable window from start to finish within the animation to cause damage, then you might have a decent point. Honestly, If you don't think the two handed stab is stupidly broken as it is right now then I don't think we have anything to discuss. Also, you missed the point of the post. It wasn't meant to go off topic.
2h stab is fine

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #456 on: April 09, 2012, 11:46:46 pm »
+4
2h stab is fine

Of course it is. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:20:41 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #457 on: April 10, 2012, 12:02:13 am »
Leave my pole stagger alone!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #458 on: April 10, 2012, 12:08:03 am »
+2
Leave my pole stagger alone!

I think your pole staggers enough people as is, sir.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Slev23

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 10, 2012, 12:12:45 am »
+4
If you remove polestagger, why have polearms? 2h already has better animations, is faster in most cases, and can reach as far as any of the speedier polearms. Tell me, is this CRPG, or 2hRPG.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #460 on: April 10, 2012, 12:15:14 am »
If you remove polestagger, why have polearms? 2h already has better animations, is faster in most cases, and can reach as far as any of the speedier polearms. Tell me, is this CRPG, or 2hRPG.
not sure if serious

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 10, 2012, 12:17:21 am »
Agreed! Take that stupid pole stagger shit outta the game. It's fucking stupid and every polearm has it.

It's bad enough that 90% of all polearm users are just S-Key fucking heros, back peddling everyone just spamming swings or swinging then back peddling back outta range. That's not skillful footwork, it's just plain bundle of sticksry.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #462 on: April 10, 2012, 12:18:39 am »
+3
It's fucking stupid and every polearm has it.

No, not all of them.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #463 on: April 10, 2012, 02:39:43 am »
Agreed! Take that stupid pole stagger shit outta the game. It's fucking stupid and every polearm has it.

It's bad enough that 90% of all polearm users are just S-Key fucking heros, back peddling everyone just spamming swings or swinging then back peddling back outta range. That's not skillful footwork, it's just plain bundle of sticksry.

If you can outreach the opponent backpeddaling is a good tactic as it will give free attacks.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #464 on: April 10, 2012, 02:55:55 am »
Fix it plz... thx

Add knockdown tag Beeilen Sie sich Paul tun es für Deutschland tun es für das Vaterland schnell schnell  :!:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:14:05 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.