Poll

Should the polearm stun be removed from cRPG ?

yes
54 (49.5%)
yes, but it should stay for some specific polearms
35 (32.1%)
no
20 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 04, 2011, 02:31:06 am

Author Topic: Remove the polearm stun in the next patch please.  (Read 42228 times)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: Remove the polearm stun in the next patch please.
« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2011, 03:46:33 pm »
Also, let's get rid of 2 handers stunning people if they block. Nothing worse than being unable to block after successfully blocking a light saber 2 hander that is faster and does more damage than the polearms that only stun you if you miss your block.

Heavy weapons, not just 2 handers can stun a lighter weapon stopping you from ATTACKING but you will still be able to BLOCK.

Dueling with a wakizashi I deal with weapon stun on nearly every held hit of any weapon and I can tell you it does not impede your blocking ability only your attacking.

Gah, even heavy 1h swords can weapon stun. x_x
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:54:39 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2011, 07:21:10 pm »

Heavy weapons, not just 2 handers can stun a lighter weapon stopping you from ATTACKING but you will still be able to BLOCK.

Dueling with a wakizashi I deal with weapon stun on nearly every held hit of any weapon and I can tell you it does not impede your blocking ability only your attacking.

Gah, even heavy 1h swords can weapon stun. x_x

how is that balanced?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2011, 07:36:59 pm »
only happens on held attacks, just something that makes sense and adds a bit of complexity to the combat system
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #273 on: December 12, 2011, 12:07:53 am »
+1
only happens on held attacks, just something that makes sense and adds a bit of complexity to the combat system
Oh I know. But that it's a stun for the 1h shielder on both the attack on shield AND the attack on the 1h is a bit silly. The attack on the shield should give a longer recovery for the guy attacking the shield (getting stuck) and not the shielder.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2011, 12:25:46 am »
Pretty sure that the shield weight is used to determine whether or not you get stunned. If so, I think it's fine - shields weigh a fuckton.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline ZEE_BISHOP

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2011, 08:54:36 pm »
+1
LOLstun is the silliest of things. It's always fun chasing a back peddling AGI polearm getting stunned and pushed backwards. It's no wonder so many people choose to be spamming agility builds that don't require learning how to block an opponent.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #276 on: December 20, 2011, 10:01:52 am »
LOLstun is the silliest of things. It's always fun chasing a back peddling AGI polearm getting stunned and pushed backwards. It's no wonder so many people choose to be spamming agility builds that don't require learning how to block an opponent.
I would bet removing the pole stun a stupid fuck like you would still get killed by a scythe... but remove it anyway and lets find out.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2011, 10:57:50 am »

Those people never get very far on NA servers... Unless you are a siege scrub in that case 50% of the siege players don't block ever so it's fine... but then everyone on NA knows AGI builds never do well in siege...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 20, 2011, 05:42:11 pm »

???

How does this happen? I have 7 agi, and wear under 7.7 weight and can't out-back peddle people. I only run slightly faster than most people wearing med+ armor.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #279 on: December 20, 2011, 06:01:07 pm »
???

How does this happen? I have 7 agi, and wear under 7.7 weight and can't out-back peddle people. I only run slightly faster than most people wearing med+ armor.
Because those people probably have 18 agi and 6 athl or more? That's pretty normal. Or did you mean that you have 7 ATHLETICS and not agility?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Banzai!!!

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackFist_Robin_Longstride
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2011, 02:40:54 pm »
Weapons like the pike should keep there polestun what with it loosing it overhead attack and being made an unbalanced weapon too I think it would be quite unfair for it to then loose it's polestun as well due to all other pole weapons being re-balanced.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:01:43 pm by Banzai!!! »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2011, 06:08:10 pm »
Weapons like the pike should keep there polestun what with it loosing it overhead attack and being made an unbalanced weapon too I think it would be quite unfair for it to then loose it's polestun as well due to all other pole weapons being re-balanced.
The point is polestun /polestagger can be a one hit I win attack as the opponent never gets a chance to block after the first hit. Not sure why anyone thinks that should actually stay, all the reasoning for it is simply excuses to justify it's existence. Most people want it removed as far as I can tell. It's fucking cheesy with 'little' polearms and deadly with 2 hit polearms.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #282 on: December 22, 2011, 02:54:02 am »
+1
My favorite weapon style is polearm, but I have to say that polestagger is cheap as hell. Not because it is totally unfair or unrealistic, but because it is limited to polearms when it should be available to any weapon with a certain, high amount of weight. Polestagger on the smaller polearms is ridiculous, and although it makes sense for particularly large weapons, like bardiches and poleaxes (or even large 2hders), the speed at which these weapons can be swung and swung again makes it cheap.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:55:08 am by ArchonAlarion »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2011, 11:55:47 pm »
POLESTAGGER POLESTAGGER REMOVE REMOVE BUUH!!!!!!!!
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #284 on: December 29, 2011, 09:28:27 am »
We should all be happy there isnt more players that can make proper use of their polearms.

But if u are in doubt that polestun is op....go watch polepoop or duel nubert.

Polepoop is really skilled and whenever he can, he will double hit you....taking 75% hp with one  overhead and right swing (bad armor calc.)

Like Saint said (he is a good manual blocker btw)....its silly that u die (nearly die) after u missed one block.