Author Topic: Por que?  (Read 1491 times)

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Lifetime ruler of the Fallopian Kingdom
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (MM) MenstrualMonsoon
  • Game nicks: MrFistYoGirl, BlumpkinThePumpkinKing, JAGUAR_DICKSKIN, Chef_Squirt
Por que?
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:06:13 pm »
Como se dice "unban" por favor en espanol?
How do you work this thing??

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
Re: Por que?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:17:34 pm »
If your character is who i think it is, your unban date is:

19.10.2011 16:20:31

I would stop with the racist trolling, next time the ban will be longer.

Offline Klingsohr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • "It's a game of inches" - Klingsohr
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Arcani
  • Game nicks: Klingsohr, Klingsohra, Clingwrap, Clingsoar, from_behind
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 04:31:54 pm »
wow, its not racist trolling. it's a political statement about the hypocrisy of the rules enforced incorrectly by admins like you  :P  :mrgreen:  :|  :shock:
"It's a game of inches" - Klingsohr

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrFistYoGirl, BlumpkinThePumpkinKing, JAGUAR_DICKSKIN, Chef_Squirt
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 04:32:29 pm »
No hablas engles.....

Offline Klingsohr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • "It's a game of inches" - Klingsohr
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Arcani
  • Game nicks: Klingsohr, Klingsohra, Clingwrap, Clingsoar, from_behind
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 04:33:59 pm »
^ :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
 This (the above post) is a critical post about the communication barriers between the normal class and the admin class
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:36:20 pm by Klingsohr »
"It's a game of inches" - Klingsohr

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 04:36:02 pm »
I'm not at all sure how this portrayal is any more or less negative than what the Guys (non Americans included) are spamming "USA USA USA FUCK YEAH AMERICA BABY" in their clan's thread and in game as that's obviously a huge running joke about a certain demographic or group of people within the US, but alright. To all illegales out there, please stop speaking in spanish for the time being until this can be further elaborated'' on and discussed between the rest of us, thanks.

- Karma.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:38:10 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 04:47:14 pm »
First off Ganner, there are illegal immigrants that come to America. That's a fact.

Second. If you were mad because I was being grammatically incorrect, then go ahead and look at ANY FORUM or read ANY IN GAME TEXT in ANY VIDEO GAME. It's the internet NO ONE is gramatically correct.

Third. I was speaking spanish, whether I am hispanic or not (which I am) it's in no way racist. And if you get mad because it was broken spanish then go ahead and get mad at any foreign player who butchers the english language on this game... I don't see why you would though because i'm an American and it doesn't bother me.

Fourth. If you think you can distinguish accents in chat so well then why don't you ban everyone who says "shameeful disprayy"

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 04:49:23 pm »
but i aint even mad eeeis whatever holmes

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 04:56:53 pm »
First off Ganner, there are illegal immigrants that come to America. That's a fact.  Not an issue, the names themselves are fairly benign

Second. If you were mad because I was being grammatically incorrect, then go ahead and look at ANY FORUM or read ANY IN GAME TEXT in ANY VIDEO GAME. It's the internet NO ONE is gramatically correct. This is where it starts to become racist, when you combine the name AND the stereotypical broken english with EHH VATO SUP ESSAY it starts to get very racist real quick.

Third. I was speaking spanish, whether I am hispanic or not (which I am) it's in no way racist. And if you get mad because it was broken spanish then go ahead and get mad at any foreign player who butchers the english language on this game... I don't see why you would though because i'm an American and it doesn't bother me.  Its not the person speaking, but the intent behind the words spoken.  All the illegal characters were made with the intent to use race as a way to troll.

Fourth. If you think you can distinguish accents in chat so well then why don't you ban everyone who says "shameeful disprayy"  It has been considered to make ALL comments such as these bannable, but there has to be a certain degree of leniency otherwise there would be no one left in the server for every comment made.  When it gets excessive and intentional, that's where we draw the line

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 05:25:54 pm »
Words like "Esse" and "Vato" are not racist. They are slang just like any other slang used in the English language. That would be like banning someone for calling another player a "scrub" or a "punk" in English.

As far as intent goes, there is NO WAY you could know the intent of what I was saying. We(I) never in ANY way brought up race or country.  You implying that you think these characters were Mexican or Spanish, that could be racist in itself. (I'm not saying it is)

Making all these comments bannable would be pretty difficult. I believe that MOST admins generally do a pretty good job at distinguishing racism from harmful jokes. =)

Offline Veto

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • audio game enhancement
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Tawp Shawt/King of Jam City/ Kadillac King
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 05:48:46 pm »
here's an idea, how about admins don't get involved in ANYTHING that DOESN'T have to do with team killing, impeding gameplay, cheating, or glitching.

why cant we act like everyone here is above petty word-smithed insults and just not give a shit.

its like I'm around a bunch of white guilt inspired people who worry more about racism than the people being slandered. not necessarily ganner, or one person in particular. but the admins as a whole seem to enforce rules they themselves set on a case by case basis with these racism accusations.

the only way i see us getting around this and enjoying the game is to give everyone freedom of speech. it is only words, they can hurt you

this is, however, only the opinion of one dumbshit crpg player and don't expect results, just thought id thrown my 2 pesos in

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 05:55:15 pm »
Here is a better idea:

Realize that all of the Official Server Rules will be enforced.

Realize that Admins are human and make mistakes, as the Official Server Rules state.

Read the Server Rules (they have been updated) and read them with care, ignorance will not save anyone and Veteran cRPG players may be punished more severely then new players.

Realize that if you troll in game, you risk triggering an Admin response whether it is warranted or not, and the harder you troll the more likely you will get a response.

Think before you act or speak.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that the Official Rules have different rules and stances then the old Communities. Too many people forget this.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:59:34 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 06:06:06 pm »
Here is a better idea:  [<---- Is it???]]

Realize that all of the Official Server Rules will be enforced.

Realize that Admins are human and make mistakes, as the Official Server Rules state.

Read the Server Rules (they have been updated) and read them with care, ignorance will not save anyone and Veteran cRPG players may be punished more severely then new players.

Realize that if you troll in game, you risk triggering an Admin response whether it is warranted or not, and the harder you troll the more likely you will get a response.

Think before you act or speak.

On that note I believe that if something a player says is so vile and offensive there are ways other players can handle it (vote ban).

The funny thing is I didn't think this would escalate, but it has become thoroughly entertaining.  For the record, I did not mean to offend anyone and I honestly don't believe I did.

Like I said, I'm not mad at Ganner for banning me (I need to play this game less anyway) I just think that calling someone a racist is a pretty heavy accusation. 

So thinking before you speak AND before you act would be appreciated by both your average c-rpg player as well as any admin. 

Video games are supposed to be fun and we were having fun. 

No one complained about the spanish, in fact, almost everyone who responded to it had "LOL" in their reaction. 

I would completely understand if Ganner had banned me if there had been complaints.

The issue is that there were none.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:11:45 pm by spl00gedon »

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 06:12:46 pm »
^ :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
 This (the above post) is a critical post about the communication barriers between the normal class and the admin class
And this^

Is called taking the piss.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 06:18:20 pm »
"Is it???"

Yes, it is....

I posted very important points.

Anyone who thinks that The Official Rules will not be enforced is delusional, as is anyone who does not believe that Admins make mistakes. Anyone who trolls and gets surprised if an Admin chomps is also delusional.

Make our jobs easier, and you will never ever encounter problems with us.

Remember that just as players make mistakes, we do too.

Poke the bear and it may bite your head off.

One of the important rules is "common sense."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:19:27 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.