Author Topic: back to the basics  (Read 1097 times)

Offline DaddyDeath

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OldFolk_KingMan
  • Game nicks: PatchDD
back to the basics
« on: October 19, 2011, 06:43:58 am »
is there a definitive guide for stategus.....cannot find one ..I have read the dummies and the FAQ..but it does not tell me how to play
how do I move from level 10?
should i attack others at my level? and why or why not? and do I get their goods and equipment if I win ?
 do I have to have equipment for all my troops ?
 how many troops should I have to attatck a fief ? what other things ? what should u have ...how do u know how strong a fief is? or is there a screen I am missing?
how do I get a capital city if I do win a fief?
 how do I get others to work for me ?

starting out and I need guidance ...
thank you all
till we meet ;-) :shock:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:23:52 pm by DaddyDeath »
Better far than cowardice is killing and being killed in battle.”
If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how?
                                           Joan Beaz

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: back to the basics
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 06:48:19 pm »
+3
JARLEK TO THE RESCUE!

how do I move from level 10?
There are no "levels" in strat. You fight with the character you have from cRPG and lvl up through cRPG. If you are talking about the number next to peoples names, that is the number of troops they have. If you are talking about ranks within a faction, that is for giving different people different choices within the faction. Don't remember for sure, but think it was rank 5 and above can manage battle rooster. Rank 10 or above can change ranks and kick people (give them rank 0). That's the ones I remember.

should i attack others at my level? and why or why not? and do I get their goods and equipment if I win ?
Again. There is no strategus "level". If you were talking about troops, then you shouldn't attack people with higher troops than you, unless you think you got much better gear or tactics than them. Also, you can't attack people if you got less than 30% of the troops they have. Although you really shouldn't attack people that got more than twice your numbers anyway. Bad military tactics xD (ofc, if you know they got no equipment or something, it might be a good idea :P)

do I have to have equipment for all my troops ?
Yes, you have to buy equipment for all your troops. The only equipment you can use in strat battles is the equipment of the commander (the one attacking/defending). NOT cRPG equipment. Strat equipment only. Ofc, you don't need 1 2h AND pole AND 1h AND shield AND bow AND xbow for every soldier. If you know you're gonna have 10 2handers, 5 archers and 10 shielders, then buy only what you need. Although having some backup incase you lose more dudes of one type, might be handy. Also remember that you can pick up weapons from the battlefield (during the battle) but not armour.

About looting. Don't remember. It should be around here somewhere. I know for sure you get the equipment they didn't use, and I think you also gain x% of what they DID use, during the battle.

how many troops should I have to attatck a fief ? what other things ? what should u have ...how do u know how strong a fief is? or is there a screen I am missing?
Normal military theory says you should have 3x as many troops as the defender. This is a videogame, though, and neutral fiefs are gonna be defended by random players. The same ammount as the fief should be enough. Get a couple of more, just to be sure. Although the most important part is having better gear, organization and players. Especially the last part.

What you should have is gear for all your troops. 30% 1handers for your total troops, 30% 2hander, 30% polearms, 40% shields, 15% bows with 3 stacks of arrows each and 10% throwing. Crossbows are expensive and is up to you if you need them. Also armour for ALL your troops. Lighter armour for archers. Also, you can take siege equipment. Always have some ladders with you. You'll never know when you'll need them. Siege shields are also nice. c-site for healing tent/weapon rack/forward base/siege tower MIGHT be usefull but remember their high cost.

You can see how strong a fief is by clicking on it on the map. It should show you the number of troops/population and it's gold. The AI uses all the gold to buy equipment when the fief is attacked. You can't know the equipment for fiefs if they are controlled by a faction.

how do I get a capital city if I do win a fief?
You can set a capital from the action menu.

how do I get others to work for me ?
??? Are you talking about helping you out? Well, talk to them! Get friends to help you out, make a clan, create a warband, trade with other players. I doubt many people are gonna help you without gaining anything themselves, but do what you can. Be creative.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 07:33:49 pm »
Judging by your questions about fiefs' strength install eye candy in the first place.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11210.0.html
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »
+1
30% 1handers for your total troops, 30% 2hander, 30% polearms, 40% shields, 15% bows with 3 stacks of arrows each and 10%

Man, that's already 155%... :lol:

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:02:30 pm »
Join an established and well organized clan and learn from there. They will have things figured out and simple initial instructions for people who don't know wth is going on.

Soloing in strategus is not for newbies.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 08:22:49 pm »
Man, that's already 155%... :lol:
I know. Although really just 115% since shields are 40% of them :P 115% weapons means 1.15 weapons per troop. Also more shields because some polearms take shields and the occacional 2hander.

Anyway it was more of a guideline than the supreme army outfit. Now, I mainly have to pray for whatever we have a good crafting skill in since buying is just stupid :P Too bad not many can craft siege material :( Gonna run constantly around with a c-material when I play from now on xD
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 08:43:32 pm »
I know. Although really just 115% since shields are 40% of them :P 115% weapons means 1.15 weapons per troop. Also more shields because some polearms take shields and the occacional 2hander.

Anyway it was more of a guideline than the supreme army outfit. Now, I mainly have to pray for whatever we have a good crafting skill in since buying is just stupid :P Too bad not many can craft siege material :( Gonna run constantly around with a c-material when I play from now on xD

Masterwork construction sites are surely useful in strategus.

Offline DaddyDeath

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OldFolk_KingMan
  • Game nicks: PatchDD
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 09:42:58 pm »
JARLEK TO THE RESCUE!

thank you thank you

gradually getting a better understanding ..and your help was valubale to me
thanks again
Better far than cowardice is killing and being killed in battle.”
If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how?
                                           Joan Beaz

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 01:07:25 am »
Masterwork construction sites are surely useful in strategus.
Silly thovex. You can't get masterwork construction sites xD

I was talking about the 50% discount :P

thank you thank you

gradually getting a better understanding ..and your help was valubale to me
thanks again
No problem. Just try to phrase your questions a bit more detailed and it'll all be easier for people to help ya :D