Author Topic: Here's the secret to being awesome at this game... auto block hack...  (Read 17478 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Re: Here's the secret to being awesome at this game... auto block hack...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 09:10:57 am »
Incidentally, new players shouldn't leap to the conclusion that people are autoblocking.  I'm a pretty mediocre blocker but I can still "pre-block" a lot of attacks -- that is, I know which way you are going to attack before you even start your swing.  Based on your weapon and our distance, I can be blocking your most viable attack before I even see it.

Better players can see it coming based on your arm movements.  I'm only so-so at this.  cRPG is much slower than native so if you can block the computer 50% of the time in practice, you can block players at least 75% of the time in cRPG.

Where it becomes more obvious is.....well, I guess I'll let the autoblockers find out.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline SpeedyBanana

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 09:12:44 am »
They do key bans.  Anytime you get banned for anything, it's all of your characters.  Only way to get back is with a new CD key and even then a suspicious enough dev might decide to look up IPs, as we know they track IPs as well.

Basically this isn't some MMORPG where people can cheat for months and not get caught.  Good players, in particular, notice autoblockers and admins aren't that rare.

It's also not an FPS where you can aimbot and people can't really be sure if you're doing it or not -- blocking is up close and personal and a little too obvious.

Are you kidding me bro? I've been playing on the US Battle server and in the last 2 hours I already spotted two people (just from the ones I randomly spectated; I wasn't out searching for hackers) that are clearly using a block hack. Instantly blocking attacks with almost no reaction time, with no movement of either mouse or wasd in the direction of the block,  and even blocking in the correct direction before the other guy has even begun his swing.

You guys haven't fixed jack shit cause clearly people are still using this hack. At the end of the day there is no automatic way to detect this hack. An admin has to spectate the player and make a judgement call, which is about the worst system of hack detection possible.

I think the only thing the admins and devs managed to accomplish is ban the idiots that were blatantly abusing the hack. However, I would be willing to bet a lot of people are still using this just trying to be more subtle about it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:20:44 am by SpeedyBanana »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 09:20:32 am »
Are you kidding me bro? I've been playing on the US Battle server and in the last 2 hours I already spotted two people (just from the ones I randomly spectated; I wasn't out searching for hackers) that are clearly using a block hack. Instantly blocking attacks with almost no reaction time, with no movement of either mouse or wasd in the direction of the block,  and even blocking in the correct direction before the other guy has even begun his swing.

You guys haven't fixed jack shit cause clearly people are still using this hack. At the end of the day there is no automatic way to detect this hack. An admin has to spectate the player and make a judgement call, which is about the worst system of hack detection possible.

The point is, the good players in cRPG are usually known. Hell, I'm mediocre, but I'm sure a lot of people have seen me ingame.
If you're unknown to admins/good players and you suddenly start steel cage blocking, you're suspicious.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline SpeedyBanana

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 09:32:05 am »
The point is, the good players in cRPG are usually known. Hell, I'm mediocre, but I'm sure a lot of people have seen me ingame.
If you're unknown to admins/good players and you suddenly start steel cage blocking, you're suspicious.

The fact that there are admins on most of the day watching for this kind of stuff and the fact that there is a community around the mod has probably helped quite a bit to keep the hacking under the control. But if you guys think this hack isn't being used by more than a handful of people on the server everyday I think you're just kidding yourselves. This is the type of hack is not easy to spot if the person using it isn't an idiot. Kind of like wall-hack in fps games. If the player isn't abusing it, it's not something you're going to stop easily if your only method of detection is having an admin spectate him.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:34:43 am by SpeedyBanana »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 09:33:38 am »
I already spotted two people (just from the ones I randomly spectated; I wasn't out searching for hackers) that are clearly using a block hack. Instantly blocking attacks with almost no reaction time, with no movement of either mouse or wasd in the direction of the block,  and even blocking in the correct direction before the other guy has even begun his swing.
Sorry, but this is just hackophobia. And it certainly does no good to neither to you or other players if you accuse people of hacking because you "spotted" them. There is no way to spot them 100% sure. There are known players that are autohacks themselves, and even more mediocre players manage sometimes to have a good day and block everything. Human brain can be astounding.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 09:41:07 am »
Perhaps this should be a concern raised to the actual developers of Warband itself. I'm sure they could provide a fix - or at least I hope. Write a nice email long essay/email about it. Or even create a petition.

Also the whole ban business makes me think of Bladerunner lol.

Rachael: May I ask you a personal question?
Deckard: Sure.
Rachael: Have you ever retired a human by mistake?
Deckard: No.
Rachael: But in your position, that is a risk.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:42:57 am by The_Angle »

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 09:51:11 am »
Hell yeah so why don't you give a try, just a little try for an hour, you'll see what happen, does devs have a detector?
Just give a try, but you'll lose your char.
Yes there is a way to detect autoblock hack, and this is not by watching, first wave 40 bans, second wave 200 bans.
Some ppl were banned even if they only try the hack, spread the word, there is a detector.
Don't spread false info, because stupid ppl will try and lose their char.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 10:15:37 am »
aw man, how did you guys find that out. Now the reason I am such an expert duelist is out in the open.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 10:24:29 am »
aw man, how did you guys find that out. Now the reason I am such an expert duelist is out in the open.

:o

Nested sarcasm.

Better than autoblock : insta-attacks : Just-in-time blocks, instantly followed by attacks (not chamberblocks !). Result : you don't even see the char blocking, just "does nothing" "cling" "attacks"

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 11:45:02 am »
Also the whole ban business makes me think of Bladerunner lol.

You realize it's not based on in-game human observation, right?
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 11:51:31 am »
ShadowXx
Poptart
User Rating: 0
Posts: 3Re: [RELEASE] Warband Auto Blocker v2.0c! (Updated for 1.143)
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2011, 11:59:53 AM »
Big ban wave on CRPG for this. Fine on native and all other modules just don't use it on CRPG.

Win.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:14:31 pm by Meow »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 12:52:38 pm »
I love it. Finally new players don't have to feel respect or even admiration for decently skilled veteran players. No, they can just accuse them of cheating, claiming that they would be just as good if they'd cheat too - no matter the month or even years of training difference.

Sometimes I imagine what would happen irl, with for example table tennis. With some guy who started playing for like 3 month and thinks of himself as being pretty good. He then gets hopelessly owned by a guy who played for years. Then, instead of congratulating the veteran and stating that it's good to see how good one can get over time, he yells in his face "YOU FUCKIN CHEATER!".

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 12:57:29 pm »

Well then half of our best melee players in crpg is using autoblock^^

Too many people are seeing far too many ghosts here atm o.O
Just because a person can block your swings, doesn't mean he is autocheating. And some people are really good at seeing where you hit from the moment you click to hit.

According to your post I should accuse:  Jormglorm, Chase, Phyrex, Cooties, Siiem and soooo many other guys who's names I don't get into my mind atm :D

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 01:01:02 pm »
Destroy them.

Damn cheating vermin, always showing up at any good game.
Burn in hell.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!