Author Topic: Fucked up heirloom exchange...  (Read 8076 times)

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
Re: Fucked up heirloom exchange...
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 11:30:59 pm »
Exactly the same happened with Druzhina_Ariec. He made the same mistake when he tried to give loom to clanmate.
And this TurmoilTom accepted the offer in 2 seconds or less.
Man can't make this manual for sure. He uses script. And as I suppose thats forbidden. And as it happened not for the first time this bastard TurmoilTom deserves permaban. I think my clanmates would be glad to hear, that their looms were spent on permabanning of this cheater.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:32:55 pm by naduril »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bullet441

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 11:33:54 pm »
Exactly the same happened with Druzhina_Ariec when he tried made the same mistake while giving loom to clanmate.
Man can't make this manula for sure. He uses script. And as I suppose thats forbidden. And as it happened not for the first time this bastard TurmoilTom deserves permaban. I think my clanmates would be glad to hear, that their looms were spent on permabanning of this cheater.

Ok, now that I'm done laughing, I will take the time to respond to this.  You know for sure that he uses a script, and would like to see him perma'd?  Ok, if you have all that evidence there... you must be right.

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 12:07:01 am »
Why would you play a community game in which the community hates you?

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 12:09:28 am »

Prob something to do with strength in numbers.  GO seems to do fine, and I know nobody with a kind word to say about them.

Same for the scammers whose clans back them up

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 12:22:59 am »
Making? They are ex Dracul!  :lol:

Whats that supposed to mean Tears? I'm ex-Dracul, as are a few others.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 12:30:18 am »

its a community of trolls , big difference .

the guy made a mistake and some other profited for it , its not about honor its about profit

technically he could give the boots back , but he has all right to keep them as well...

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 01:11:35 am »
Ok, now that I'm done laughing, I will take the time to respond to this.  You know for sure that he uses a script, and would like to see him perma'd?  Ok, if you have all that evidence there... you must be right.

I don't know if it is possible to use any script or whatever for that, but it is kinda weird, that you guys always always get the items a few seconds after they are up on the market  :/

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 01:19:17 am »
Whats that supposed to mean Tears? I'm ex-Dracul, as are a few others.

It means Fisticuffs at sundown!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 01:27:48 am »
+1
It means Fisticuffs at sundown!

Indeed it does. Drink a glass of bourbon tonight sir, for tomorrow you shan't be able to for sometime!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 01:34:33 am »
Then I shall drink it with great relish, for it may be my very last glass.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline naduril

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 08:38:32 am »
+1
For admins thats not hard to verify.
I am asking to make an experiment - Just make the same action as OP, put heirloom for stones or for some cheap gear. And the result will be seen very quickly.
Thats not just weird, thats too weird that only TurmoilTom buys looms like this, just in 1-2 seconds after offer was sent. Page can't be refreshed and player just can't notice such an offer from hundreds others in a moment. And admins can check, where these stolen looms are now. And check this TurmoilTom for playing activity. If all these looms now belongs not to him but to haven members, then ok, may be not ban, but wipe all gear and gold of these thieves. That would be fair. And TurmoilTom deserves permaban.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 10:16:24 am »
For admins thats not hard to verify.
I am asking to make an experiment - Just make the same action as OP, put heirloom for stones or for some cheap gear. And the result will be seen very quickly.
Thats not just weird, thats too weird that only TurmoilTom buys looms like this, just in 1-2 seconds after offer was sent. Page can't be refreshed and player just can't notice such an offer from hundreds others in a moment. And admins can check, where these stolen looms are now. And check this TurmoilTom for playing activity. If all these looms now belongs not to him but to haven members, then ok, may be not ban, but wipe all gear and gold of these thieves. That would be fair. And TurmoilTom deserves permaban.

Scripting isn't forbidden. High-frequency transactions aren't forbidden in international RL trade.

Being the first to accept wrong offers isn't scamming or stealing. What agreement did he infriged ? None. The error comes from people that put incorrect offers on the market. If it's not a script that buys it, then it's a human, but there's no difference.

Ofc. not giving the item back is immoral, but the scripting itself isn't.

Now, if the system had more railings, people would make a lot less errors, and there would be a lot less drama. There's no fault in being the first to accept the deal, by whatever mean. In many cases, items sold for the wrong price are given back. Those that "cleverly" (in a very short term sense, payback's a bitch) use the errors of others like that TurmoilTom are revealing the flaws of the current market implementation.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 10:52:21 am »
+1
Scripting isn't forbidden. High-frequency transactions aren't forbidden in international RL trade.

Being the first to accept wrong offers isn't scamming or stealing. What agreement did he infriged ? None. The error comes from people that put incorrect offers on the market. If it's not a script that buys it, then it's a human, but there's no difference.

Now, if the system had more railings, people would make a lot less errors, and there would be a lot less drama. There's no fault in being the first to accept the deal, by whatever mean. In many cases, items sold for the wrong price are given back. Those that "cleverly" (in a very short term sense, payback's a bitch) use the errors of others like that TurmoilTom are revealing the flaws of the current market implementation.

He broke the most ancient of codes. The code not being a total piece of shit. TurmoilTom should be punished for shitting on members of the community.

He has failed to talk to the man that he ripped off.

If a guy walked up to you and said "I see you are a selling a car for 25.000" and then handed you a 20 and 5. You would laugh and tell him some dope dropped a put a full stop instead of a comma.

You wouldn't say, good point here are the keys.

Systems should always have "idiot" protection. It should double check before its posted that you have put all the numbers in correctly and it should ask you to tick off the trade when its done.

If some clown comes and asks to buy it off you, you should be able to say no.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline naduril

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 10:59:10 am »
+1

Scripts that replace man (read bot) are forbidden as I know. And I just can't beleive that TurmoilTom accepting the offers manually. Just can't. And for using bots, not enhancing scripts, but bot, this must be punished.

Offline Hevi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RuConquista
  • Game nicks: RuConquista_Chronos
  • IRC nick: h3v1
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 11:57:45 am »
+1
Exactly the same happened with Druzhina_Ariec. He made the same mistake when he tried to give loom to clanmate.
Man can't make this manual for sure. He uses script. And as I suppose thats forbidden. And as it happened not for the first time this bastard TurmoilTom deserves permaban. I think my clanmates would be glad to hear, that their looms were spent on permabanning of this cheater.

I agree, it's true. TurmoilTom must be permbaned!
Go ahead, give it a try, and say your character goodbye!