Author Topic: new player lols @ banner "balance"  (Read 3595 times)

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
Re: new player lols @ banner "balance"
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 03:55:09 pm »
+2
lol, maybe we also enjoy playing with our clanmates (or in my case teambumping them and having georges teamattack me totally unprovoked). Usually there is another clan on the other side to balance things out.

oh you mean the 10% where the banner balance is not retarded enough to put all clans together ?

Also the more i think of it , the more i believe that clannies dont like to fight other clannies , its bothersome to fight people who has some decent set of skills ,  way more fun to mob people the easy way
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:56:35 pm by hippy_with_a_scimi »

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 04:00:22 pm »
+2
Pubbing is pretty much clans raping public players, so far as I can tell.  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 04:01:51 pm »
+5
I'm clanless but banner balance is a gift to cRPG, for once you can have some tactics and organized attacks, seriously the only thing that do the mob is charge like mindless, i don't even speak of siege where random just stay on walls to fight and totaly forgot the flag.

No cRPG is not only for clan, but it favor organized ppl.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 04:03:04 pm »
+2
Sniger, while I agree with you that Banner Balance is laughable right now, bear in mind that this is a free to play mod. Please be patient with the devs when they're coding this game.

While it may be easy for us to criticize the devs for this mod, remember that this mod is one of the best ones for Warband there is. It's still in it's Beta phase, and requires more work, which is part of the joy of being able to be a part of this.

That Banner Balance is working is something impressive. So if it's broken right now, we just have to work with it for now until it becomes a priority for the devs to fix up.

In the meantime, try to enjoy the game for a bit. Talk to the clans and get in contact with them. Some of them are douchefucks because they're elitist, others are actually nice and welcoming people.

I'm sorry for your initial feelings when it comes to BB, but as you get used to it, it will get better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 04:03:39 pm »
+1
Meh, I don't get all the fuss. I find playing vs clans is usually the exact same as playing vs randoms. Only exception to that are some clans that use gay builds, like Fallen with archerspam and GK with cavspam.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 04:04:49 pm »
+1
oh you mean the 10% where the banner balance is not retarded enough to put all clans together ?

Also the more i think of it , the more i believe that clannies dont like to fight other clannies , its bothersome to fight people who has some decent set of skills ,  way more fun to mob people the easy way

it all depends, sometimes banner balance can destroy "balance", I play on a banner no one uses and I still see a good deal of high multi, and I'm seen quite abit of both teams winning, some maps yes a clan will stomp and I'll feel like its "not working", but most times I feel like it is and if a friend of mine plays it's nice to be able to team up, although it can be annoying when say the "voicechat SWAT archer clan" is all on one side

PS criticizing the devs for banner balance is BS, as really I feel its an improvement in alot of ways, maybe it just needs to be tweaked to make sure their is an even skill/class(melee/archer/cav) distribution(if possible)

Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Fucktard

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 04:16:33 pm »
+3
As a new player I've played a long time whithout knowing about the banner balance. x1 all the time. Then I wore the banner of a "great" clan and it didnt changed the things so much, still x1 most part of the time. I think its just bad luck, about getting balanced on the wrong team every time.

To be honest, I dont think it affects the gameplay for a new player.

And then I joined a clan, I can ssure you that when another clan is on the opposite team, we try hard to fight them everytime its possible.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 04:49:35 pm »
+1
sadly you can only deal with it as clans think its perfectly fine to slaugther a group of pubbies and milk the 5x , 

they enjoy constant raping with 0 challenges :D  , i guess thats their type of game...
If by only, you mean also join a clan if you want to, then yes. Crpg is for those that want to use teamwork. So of course the game is going to favor clans over loners. It's not only for clans, but it's definitely more for them than the clanless

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 05:04:06 pm »
+1

you are right, 90% of the time banner balance puts all the clans on one side and all the pubbers on the other. This is exactly what happens 90% of the time.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 05:09:58 pm »
+1
If by only, you mean also join a clan if you want to, then yes. Crpg is for those that want to use teamwork. So of course the game is going to favor clans over loners. It's not only for clans, but it's definitely more for them than the clanless

clans , clans , clans , clans , its all i hear theses days , 

People need to remove their homer glasses and see the bigger picture

I could join any clans that i want but beside milking mutli , its not fun raping one side constantly  :(   

But thats how people love to play theses days , they dont want any challenge in battle mode they want xp...

I recently joined strategus and ill be anxious to fight organized battles, where clans have a real purpose...

I'll say it one last time : im not against clans whatsoever , im against retarded balance that came with the banner balance

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 05:13:50 pm »
+5
What some people forget: the auto balance also works against you... a LOT.

Ask Lizard Man or Muffin how often they get switched to the other team after winning a round or two. Literally more than half the time we win, one of us (ususally someone with a good K:D) gets moved to the losing team. I hear them curse about that several times every evening.

Or how about those situations where it's 35 vs 55 players and the autobalance doesn't allow anyone to join our team because we just won 4 rounds...

Autobalance isn't perfect, but adding banner balance to the auto balance system was one of the best changes to cRPG ever.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 05:23:51 pm »
+1

Balbaroth stop pulling chocolate out of your bum, most clanners love to compete against others, a way to "prove" something.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 05:41:42 pm »
+1
Balbaroth stop pulling chocolate out of your bum, most clanners love to compete against others, a way to "prove" something.

thats why they are avoiding clannies like the plague when they are in battle versus or "spare"  while they murder others    til the end  ,   

You see that all the time.. ToD, dont be  a baddie    :p

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 06:19:53 pm »
+1
Why don't you create a clan with only purpose is to destroy other clans in battle?

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 06:24:39 pm »
+1
I remember as a new player that banner balance could be annoying, especially on low populated servers.

Fear not though, as you get better, it won't matter as much... Eventually you will become the game changer (maybe).

I'm not sure why everyone is bashing the new player so much... He's just stating the obvious? BB is sometimes "op"