Author Topic: Valor farming pacifist leeches  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Valor farming pacifist leeches
« on: October 16, 2011, 01:59:46 pm »
3 players in this video had been standing next to each other (they are on opposite teams) and not fighting.  As you can see by the scoreboard, they sat in there little hiding spot until everyone was dead.  This happened at 5am~ CST on NA 1 battle server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydhl6MwRsWs

They had been doing this for 2 entire maps before I decided to bust out the fraps, about 15~ rounds and did not fight until they were attacked by the last remaining players, acting like some sort of roleplaying game.  They were responsible for their team losing at least 5-10 times easily.

Please punish these 3 players for pervasive leeching and disregard for server rules.  I'm sure another player or two will atest to this after they see the post.

Lousie_da_la_valliere_brd
chinaserf2
i_am_fast
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:00:51 pm by Digglez »

Offline Argoth

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Argoth
Re: Valor farming pacifist leeches
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:27:04 pm »
I was there the whole time, they must have done this 2 maps in a row before I left.

Offline steve_jobs_ghost

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:11:36 pm »
I've seen Chinaserf2 doing this shit with my own eyes.

I don't know if these people are some admins friend or something but for as long as I've been playing CRPG Chinaserf2 has been doing this crap.

If people can be banned for 3 days for a name this guys deserve worse than that.

He was the same reason I was banned, because I TKed his ass at the start of the round for doing this BS over and over again.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:19:50 pm by steve_jobs_ghost »

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 11:34:06 pm »
I see chinaserf and o2o doing this alot too.  I don't exactly know what rules are being broken since they do something attack people that chase them so I haven't thrown down bans on them.  Can we get a clarification on this rule kenji.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 04:18:36 am »
I see chinaserf and o2o doing this alot too.  I don't exactly know what rules are being broken since they do something attack people that chase them so I haven't thrown down bans on them.  Can we get a clarification on this rule kenji.

really?  are you serious?  They are leeching, plain and simple.  They are a blight on their team, not contributing AT ALL.  They have no intention of trying to win or even help their team, its no different than suicide running into entire enemy team at the start of the round, except they do it at the end.

Lets not also forget braking the spirit of the game which is team based combat.  If you wanna hold hands and cyber, get the fuck out of cRPG.

We have a term for people that do stuff like this from back in the days of EQ, they're called crossteamers.  And they were the most despised players on the servers.

No leeching

OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
    NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode
    NOT OK: Running around naked without weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute.
    NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die

Oh ya, sorry I couldnt record and post all 60+ minutes or more of them sitting around doing jack shit while they're team died.  I figured a small sample, eye witness testimony and common sense would solve the problem.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 04:54:37 am by Digglez »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 05:57:26 am »
They are breaking the rules from my perspective, though I am unable to issue bans from this device.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 06:43:05 am »
Done.  They'll be unbanned on the 22nd.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:46:22 am by Diomedes »