Author Topic: Question about Weight  (Read 847 times)

Offline IceManX

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Question about Weight
« on: October 16, 2011, 02:07:53 am »
I dont know how to describe it best....

I will start with a little example:

Pike weights 3

I often wear it to stop/ afraid/ kill cav
and to support infrantry

but when I drop it, it felts like still wearing it... it laying on the ground and cant use it in the fight...
do u understand what I mean... I feel slow like with the Pike... and also without when I spawn with it but I dropped it.

I noticed this on every char I played, Archer... Shielder and so on.

Even when I drop the shield/gets destroyed... it stills feels like the weight is still with me.

I hope someone has the same issue like me.
It could be subjective but I dont think so.

I played now and used my 2h and my Polearm Char
No Pike and it feels like fast as hell. I didnt equip a Pike in the beginning, he moves fast and also the swings and blocks are much faster.
When I use a Pike in the beginning and drop it because I dont need it or I need my primary weapon, the char is slow its unbelieveable.... like 3-6 Agi and Athletics less

Also some impressions from other players?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Question about Weight
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 04:20:23 am »
Can't say I have noticed this myself.

But if it is true then I guess it could come from the item being dropped because you switched away from it (to another weapon) and not dropped it (default g button, I think) and that the "unsheathable" is something cRPG introduced and the weight is "still there".

Again, can't say I've gotten this myself. Try it with other unsheathable weapons and see if you get the same thing.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Joelturuz

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ratchis
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 04:41:54 pm »
Haven't noticed such a thing myself on anything else than throwing weapons, in which the "quiver" seems to be at least half the weight and it remains after you've thrown everything..

Offline IceManX

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:27:27 am »
Can't say I have noticed this myself.

But if it is true then I guess it could come from the item being dropped because you switched away from it (to another weapon) and not dropped it (default g button, I think) and that the "unsheathable" is something cRPG introduced and the weight is "still there".

Again, can't say I've gotten this myself. Try it with other unsheathable weapons and see if you get the same thing.

Thats a good idea, thx I will test this.
Thats true most of the time I use weapon switch and not the "drop the weapon button".
Perhaps with the unsheatable weapons and then the weapon switch and it drops, the game mechanics still think the weapon is there. And the weight is still the same like at the starting.

Haven't noticed such a thing myself on anything else than throwing weapons, in which the "quiver" seems to be at least half the weight and it remains after you've thrown everything..
Dont know I am not a thrower but perhaps the game mechanics notice that the weapons are thrown away.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 12:34:57 am »
Thats a good idea, thx I will test this.
Thats true most of the time I use weapon switch and not the "drop the weapon button".
Perhaps with the unsheatable weapons and then the weapon switch and it drops, the game mechanics still think the weapon is there. And the weight is still the same like at the starting.
Dont know I am not a thrower but perhaps the game mechanics notice that the weapons are thrown away.
Fuck. I just noticed this myself today. If it hadn't been for this thread I wouldn't have thought of it.

Ok, this is how it went.
On map shift I by accident spawned with my normal sword/shield and a great lance (couch only FYI) but forgot the horse. Because the great lance is useless on ground I dropped it by switching to my sword (NOT dropping with g) and I felt WAY more slower than normally. I remember this since on the last map I didn't use the horse for money reasons and thus had something to compare my speed with. This really needs to be checked by the devs.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia