Author Topic: DTV gamemode and roofcamping  (Read 1927 times)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
DTV gamemode and roofcamping
« on: October 15, 2011, 11:03:06 pm »
+1
Playing DTV at the moment is horrible and fucked up
because of all the archers and long pole/2h or even just leechers standing on roofs that are unreachable for the bots and make them stuck.
If u play like a normal melee fighter there its just fucked up if u have to wait around 6-7 minutes till all that noobs have shot the stuck bots. The bots dont even charge the virgin but stay as close to the players on the roofs as they can and do nthin.
I know that this mode is a just for fun mode and smzhin like a stepchild cuz theres nevar and admin on.
But still there are some players who want to have fun and not stand on a roof or in a fence and shootin some stuck bots.

My suggestions:

1. Just make the roofs and fences unreachable for players

or

2. Make the bots chargin the vigin directly, without runnin after every player or stayin near him if they cant reach him

or

3. BAN all this roofcampers and admins should take a look at the EU 6 server sometimes

I hope that this mode will be fun again soon !
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:23:45 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: DTV gamemode and roofcamping
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 12:13:45 pm »
Fully agreed, these roofspammers are incredibly annoying, and the ting is they ALWAYS run out of arrows and die anyway (well except the pikemen but they are just as annoying), I seriously once actually played a game where a roofspammer tried to kick a person for not roofspamming.
My suggestion would be for all the maps to have invisible walls placed around the roof, or to have it written in the server welcome message that roofspamming will get you banned.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 12:52:27 pm »
+2
Got pollbanned twice for not standing on a roof there are some players that do this permanent and try to poll u out if u dont do it

and it seems like they have a lot of support from the audience
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:55:36 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 06:45:34 am »
+3
I used to be completely against this behavior in the old DTV (Defend the Village) because back then exp was handed out on a timer with multipliers (would mean massive exp farming) and it wasn't even necessary to cheat to beat the mode.  Usually there would be good chokepoints for shieldwalls on the maps and the bots had 3 or more separate spawn locations (so they didn't overwhelm you all at once).

Now any team who fights in the open field after peasants gets steamrolled and there are no chokepoints anymore, with the Virgin standing out in the middle of nowhere usually to be molested. A lot of the current DTV maps make it seem like the admins want us to exploit because of how easy it is to reach them, often with multiple ladders attached.

My main objective when camping a roof is not to drag it out and shoot every bot, it's for my team's infantry to wait a moment while I help thin the herd, then they can melee the rest. Given the fact that exp lessens the longer it takes, it's never in our interest to drag things out. But I'll be damned if I get wiped on Bandits, Nomads and Weeaboo because people want to fight them in an open field.

I miss the old open-field DTV with separate bot spawns, believe me.
Oh, and then there's the massive repair rates extorted on us for playing the damn mode in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:50:46 am by Duke »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 10:38:44 am »
+1
Faster you kill the bots, more you win xp and gold.

Camping is not really a good tactic...

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 05:32:07 pm »
+2
I know its a shitty tactic but sadly there are guys who dont know this or  just want to have x:0 stats that they cant get at battle/siege and then tell you how epic they are
( one good example: Naruto1998, a dammn nab who always stands on a roof with his flamberge and tells me how epic he is cuz he got like 200:5 stats )
Its just sad that there is space in that mode for this noobs who try to get a e-penis and delay every round.
Its so easy to win that in a open fight if u have some good players and theres really no point in standin on a roof and delaying all !

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 07:22:54 pm »
+3
Make it so npcs attacks don't pass through eachother stun locking you to death then we can talk about that.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 11:41:31 pm »
Its so easy to win that in a open fight if u have some good players and theres really no point in standin on a roof and delaying all !
In fact I recall once playing a game with two other people: A. Roofcamping pikeman. B. One of (actually "one of" might not be needed) the best damn melee fighters I've ever seen.
Me and the melee fighter took out every wave (we got to sea raiders if I recall correctly) while the roofcamper wanted us to commit suicide so we could get to a map that would allow roofcamping.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 07:53:42 pm »
+1
@Vexus We can hit through eachother too, u just need a bit teamplay, like in every gamemode ;-)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 08:20:43 pm »
Heh teamwork nice joke.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 10:06:56 pm »
+1
For u maybe ......
If i play DTV than with some friends and we know what teamplay is ...

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 10:14:14 am »
+1
Just remove horse archers from the bots, HOLY GOD DAMN AHHHH! Its the most annoying wave, walking after them for 5min being shot at, its a giant pain in the arse.

But yeah make the bots go direct to the virgin. And multiple attack directions.

I'm trying to make the 7 Samurai village, and failing. Would be perfect for DTV.

Also how about a staged DTV with multiple objectives for the bots to destroy one layer at a time. And spawn the next wave consecutively every 2mins. So that eventually you get over run, ie you wind up fighting weejerks and seajerks at the same time.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 10:48:25 am »
+1
The best way to handle DTV is a pure meatgrinder setup :

Shieldwall, big weapons behind. This works because just like bots, players don't collide in each other. No one on the sides to prevent bots avoiding the meatgrinder. As time is the most important factor, this is the only effective tactic, as long as no noob is aggroing the bots elsewhere.

***            bots
_____________ shieldwall
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| big weapons

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 11:03:02 am »
Playing DTV at the moment is horrible and fucked up
i would agree with that statement
because of all the archers and long pole/2h or even just leechers standing on roofs that are unreachable for the bots and make them stuck.
leeching is when u do nothing or close to nothing.....i have never seen an idiot stand on top of a roof doing nothing,these bowman and pikemen are trying to kill/distract as many of the enemy as possible

If u play like a normal melee fighter there its just fucked up if u have to wait around 6-7 minutes till all that noobs have shot the stuck bots. The bots dont even charge the virgin but stay as close to the players on the roofs as they can and do nthin.
I know that this mode is a just for fun mode and smzhin like a stepchild cuz theres nevar and admin on.
But still there are some players who want to have fun and not stand on a roof or in a fence and shootin some stuck bots.

what do you mean by "normal"? if "normal" is charging the enemy with no tactics and completely disregard the number and strength then please i dont want to be normal. i want to be the "leecher" who actually kills and distracts 20 bots so they do not rape the virgin if that means i get less money and xp fine i would have a lesser reward then have defeat.when u die early usually theres a reason and to blame the people who  are diverting the MAJORITY of the enemy is beyond me

My suggestions:

1. Just make the roofs and fences unreachable for players

i would disagree....

i am one of those roof campers the only time i am one is if its a perfect spot where i am in between the enemy wave and the virgin so i can distract them other then that theres no point being one. but ot say u can take on the enemy on the ground in hand to hand combat is A LIE they are always in a mob unless distracted by something else ,there faster, there stronger,they can chamber then most players, and they do not team wound and better yet hit through their team, i would rather take on 5 players then 5 sea raider bots in dtv at least i have a remote chance due to human error like teamwounding or be able to outrun/out strength certain builds but you cant do that with DTV their all the same speed and unless visibly different have the same stats

the one of the few times that is possible is if you have a good shield wall or a good clan that populated the server(which hardly ever happens) other then that if u fight more then three enemeys at once u r going to be zerged and most likely stunned to death

2. Make the bots chargin the vigin directly, without runnin after every player or stayin near him if they cant reach him

and what completely ignore the people around them?i cant imagine them just steam rolling into the virgin nomatter how many of them we hit(they do that enough as it is the only thing that stops them is the prioritize players over the virgin).but the ones who actually charge the virgin are the fucking horses  :mad: i hate chasing those horses all the way to the virgin its annoys me to no end
3. BAN all this roofcampers and admins should take a look at the EU 6 server sometimes

I hope that this mode will be fun again soon !

and whats next after roof camping? we are not aloud to hide behind fenced areas? there is a reason why dtv is a dead game mode in my ping zone i have not seen a dtv with more then 10 people in weeks and the reason why its brutal to the point where U HAVE 2 CHEAT in order to win which NEVER happens and this mod is fun i dont know what you are talking about crpg is doing good seeing how its FREE.do you mean DTV?then yes i hope it is made better
i would love to see us being able to move the virgin and be able to use barricades but to make roofcamping a bannible offence will kill an already dieing game mode(dieing as in very few play it) unless something is implemented to substitute it making it useless
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 05:25:12 pm »
+1
Well snoozer, i can kill 6 searaiders, u just need a normal ( 18/18, 18/21, 21/18 or whatever ) build and a bit of backpaddeling its actually very easy ....
And its really sad that u need a roof for killin the "Overpowered Bots" ( Rofl ) and remeber that u can block/backchamber their chambers easily cuz the combat speed in crpg is veeeery slow  and u actually just need to spam from the same side to get a backchamber.....
Killin the bots is also easily possible if you have one player with more than 6 atl and medium armor who can run away from the bots and lead them around so that the others can kill em.
And im not just talking about rooofs, im also talking about fences, rocks and all that stuff who makes u unreachable for the bots ...
U really dont need to cheat if u have some average players !
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:26:47 pm by sF_Guardian »