Author Topic: Breaking the game rules - does anyone care?  (Read 13504 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking the game rules - does anyone care?
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2011, 06:38:36 pm »
Or then just use same banner  as greys do

I know it's lame and all, but to all the people that really want to play siege and are sick of being always in the loosing team, just do this. You'll profit thanks to grey's efforts and you'll make it harder for them to use the spec/team/spec/team switching "abuse". You can even abuse it yourself.

IMO there's nothing wrong with that. The auto-balance isn't accurate enough so we need to balance the game ourselves in those cases.

i'm not defending anyone, i can't just really stand who whines about something he abused till now.

I don't understand this. He abused something others are already doing, then he "whines" about it ("revealing what's happening" is more accurate than "whining").

When a politician diverted money, you prefer him staying quiet about it and all the others doing it and continue, or stop and try to make things change ? It seems for you "coherence" is more important than honesty, people being dicks should stay dicks ? That's the climax of ad hominem.

In the end, switching banners does solve the problem partly, as if everyone had the same banner there would be no problem. Furthermore, it makes it even more obvious there is a problem, and that leads to a more probable dev reaction.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2011, 02:09:18 pm »
+2
If someone wants to wait the whole first round in spec, and then join near the end for a good chance of being banner balanced onto his clans team I dont have a problem with that.

If he doesnt get on to the team he wants after banner balance and then goes to spec and waits for next map, thats his choice i guess.

If you wait too long in spec (1 round or so>) ur gonna lose your multiplier, and keeping multiplier is why i presume ppl do this.

It's common for 1/2 ANT's to lose their mutliplier and the other 1/2 to keep it after a first round on a map.

Just play the game as it's meant to be played eh?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:10:26 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Arcona

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANT
  • Game nicks: ANTr_Arcona
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2011, 02:14:34 pm »
@Mordhau

That would be really detrimental for those of us NOT in a clan and not caring to wait 5 minutes to play!

The way you say it as the round starts and gives you 6 minutes if I log on when it has 5 minutes left I would have to wait... -5- minutes before I can play the game!!!!

That sounds like a harsh measure that penalises everyone instead of targetting the wrongful party...
"Hear me roar!"
"A Lannister always pays his debts."
"Twenty five whores in a room next door. Twenty five whores and I still need more."

Offline n1emys

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • sraka_the_Grey
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: sraka_the_Grey
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2011, 04:58:10 pm »
if you wanna go to toilet or smth else you go in spec. After few minuts autoballance can choose other team. He didnt try spam to join to our team. Mordhau should be banned for whinnings agains us also leeching for 3 min what we can see on the picture. 

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2011, 06:44:17 pm »
Honestly I'm not even bothering to read all these walls of text, Mordhau. Things that hilarious is that you're one of the many leechers who keep/kept on using our banner to get free multiplicator.

The real issue is that the banner balance isn't strict enough and keeps splitting clan members. Either just because or because there's too many randoms using the banner. Fixing the source of the problem would be nice, ie. actual clan-only banners.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:46:58 pm by Tot. »
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2011, 09:09:48 pm »
Joining spect is not abuse and you cant stop anyone from doing it. Stop whining about everything.

Offline Joelturuz

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ratchis
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2011, 10:50:16 pm »
Having read most of the thread, it's been one of the most hilarious things to watch. People prove the abuse of the bug, you call them leechers and tell them to stop whining.
What would the world do without people like you :lol:

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2011, 12:40:19 am »
What would world do if more people had brains and werent illiterate.

PS. So joining spectator mode is now a bug? This is getting even better, keep on going.  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:41:25 am by Tot. »

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2011, 12:55:25 am »
+4
I like watching Grey's defend themselves on the forums. Best defence is offence .
I bet if you're ever going to court on trial (let's hope it won't happen) , you're gonna punch the judge in the face instead of answering the "how do you plead?" question . =)

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2011, 01:06:58 am »
Discussing a matter with a judge is a bit diffferent than "discussing" with gathered crowd that is just shouting random things and repeating each other.

PS. Done here unless this develops into something new and sane.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:09:34 am by Tot. »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2011, 01:53:09 am »
Mordhau - i wasnt aware that you could constantly keep multi by joining spec before round end - i was pretty sure that if you played on a team and then lost, even in spec, you lost multi. I have lost x5's by sitting in spec too long, usually over a round or 2.

I also forgot to add that of course, if some guy is obviously going to spec every round bcos he's on the wrong team, that's veering towards getting around the autobalance.

Its not as bad as guys that spam-join tho.

Grey's are a big clan now and in big clans you are gonna have guys who break some rules knowingly or unknowingly.

I remember in Strat #1 where Fallen were attacking a city. At that time there was a lot of rage about being able to get around the walls. I defended clan members as best I could when accusations were made and screen shots posted because at the end of the day, if you play by the rules you like to think your clan mates are like-minded.

Noone can say for sure whether those fallen guys intentionally went around the walls or not but some ppl will break rules or not really care that it's unfair and it's natural for clan mates to defend them.

Like other rules that have had to become enforced, there's also an element of ignorance about it and thinking it's ok bcos other people do it so I'm hesitant to punish people harshly for it until Im sure it's sunk in.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2011, 02:42:28 am »
+1
Nobody care about this problem because even admins abuse this system to farm multipliers.

I sent couple of emails to admins and even wrote thread on the forum about this problem in the past and i got completely ignored.

Also want to pointed out that you can keep your multipliers by joining spectator but also can cause the winning team for the next round to not gain multipliers cause the game judge the team were unbalanced because a lot of peoples went spectator.

On NA Siege server i see whole clans doing this all the time, really lame.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:45:10 am by Vieuxcrotter »

Offline n1emys

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • sraka_the_Grey
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: sraka_the_Grey
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2011, 08:27:57 am »
ON serwer were played around 70-80 people if 3 or 4 or 5 going in spec it's really destoryable for ballance system ... hahaha.
Maybe look out closer in serwers.  When every round end people stay in spec and will be stayd (many reasons calling, eating etc.)
Maybe ban them all and everyone back to native again ;)

useless randoms...

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2011, 09:00:19 am »
Mordhau - i wasnt aware that you could constantly keep multi by joining spec before round end

That's not correct, let's say i have x2, new round started I'm attacking a castle but we failed to capture the flag, it means that you lost your multi, even if you'll go spec before rounds end. The fact that matters here is that you spawn during the round and even if you'll right after that go spec you are assigned to that team, if they will loose you'll loose your multi aswell.

i was pretty sure that if you played on a team and then lost, even in spec, you lost multi. I have lost x5's by sitting in spec too long, usually over a round or 2.
Exactly, this is how it works.

But if you stay in spec for first round after the map change, you'll keep your multi, as you were not assinged to any of the teams. Same thing happens if you'll go spec after rounds end, you can spectate next round without loosing multiplier. But I have no idea for how long you can stay in spec.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:26:32 am by Dalhi »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2011, 09:12:09 am »
Err'body's super serial here.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.