Author Topic: Breaking the game rules - does anyone care?  (Read 14228 times)

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
Re: Breaking the game rules - does anyone care?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 07:39:01 pm »
I believe that everyone knows BB can be abused, I know a lot of people don't like it, but I honestly think more people like it then dislike it.

I personally love it because you can play with your friends on the same team (No, strat is not an alternative, it is and forever will be a separate mess), and that social aspect is entirely why I play cRPG in the first place.

I really am completely against all servers turning it off, but I would be interested in seeing alternative servers go up with it off as an option for the people who dislike it.

It certainly does. Stopped retiring and oh lord does the game become more peaceful.

Because of the All mighty Multi God , it create that BB mess ,

In the old xp system ( proximity )  , the pressure to win at all cost wasnt there , people made xp and had fun ,  The current system put additionnal pressure about keeping the multi  at all cost  , instead of just having fun

Im 33 , i dont care about the multi anymore , but i got my pride and i hate being crushed not because i played bad , because i had no chance versus whole armies

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 07:39:36 pm »
Oh a server without ranged will not be empty in EU. I for one would be one there 24/7. Ah like the good old Risen melee only server, good times. There were almost always 20+ players on there. The average skill lvl on there was so high, that if you joined EU 1 after playing there for a few days it was super easy mode.

Oh that were some good times...... Highest skill level of melee combat ever. Instead of those battle servers with roofmonkeys and campers everywhere. A melee only server will for sure get players.

And yeah i agree with cooties, banner balance should not get removed. If u want to let this mod die out, then u can do it. If u dont know why, u havent been into a clan/ a good clan.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:42:20 pm by _GTX_ »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 08:01:49 pm »
AMEN.

There's nothing more horrible than auto-team splitting up banners, it should swap after the least used banner on the teams.

Tor and I hardly ever gets to play together anymore due to being split up ALL the time, very disheartening not being able to play a game with a friend.
It also eliminates the possibility to actually practice something on the servers, since someone will always be switched and it will most likely be one of your best players OR as always the one actually commanding the group via TeamSpeak.

If anyone has anything against Absolute Banner Balance they should play on servers without banner balance, but in general absolute banner balance should be the norm for almost all servers.

I would say that's a good thing.  :lol:

Admins on EU, if they're around will aggressively fight against this. I have warned people in EU_1 recently who have left and rejoined and this comes under the same rules as the siege servers with bypassing the banner balance.

Everyone seems to have a different understanding of "bypassing the banner balance" but the bottom line on it as far as I understand is that if you go to spectate and try to join the other team than the one you're in until you've eventually managed it, it's bypassing the banner balance. You're intentionally trying to join the other team regardless of where you have been put and once you succeed, you've exploited it's flaws and therefore successfully bypassed it.

I think that pretty much covers that. I understand that not all admins play on the siege servers but I believe that Nebun is pretty much a dedicated siege player and thus dedicated siege admin, on top of that I believe Lansamur plays sometimes and several other admins jump on and off regularly. Sadly siege is rather a "niche" mode for the majority of the player base, including the admins therefore most are running around on EU_1.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 08:03:58 pm »
+1
Battle is just so much more interesting...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »
On the other hand, for some reason banner balance system isn't flawless and often keeps splitting clan members instead of keeping them in one team. Fixing that would be nice.

AMEN.

There's nothing more horrible than auto-team splitting up banners, it should swap after the least used banner on the teams.

Tor and I hardly ever gets to play together anymore due to being split up ALL the time, very disheartening not being able to play a game with a friend.

Actually this is no flaw, but a feature.
If it would be strict banner balance, then this would cause unbalanced teams quite fast. You have a higher chance to play together with someone who uses the same banner.
But if it is necessary, then the system will split clan members to keep the balance.

If anyone has anything against Absolute Banner Balance they should play on servers without banner balance, but in general absolute banner balance should be the norm for almost all servers.
There is no EU server without banner balance anymore, not because it had no players it is more the "fault" of the clans (somehow).
Most people want to play a multiplayer game with other players (surprise, surprise), that is why they will log on primarily on servers with the most players.
EU 5 had more players than EU 2 sometimes, mostly early in the morning with only a few clan players on, but when more and more clan players have joined the servers, then population has moved slowly to EU 2.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 08:43:11 pm »
lets all go to siege server today :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 498
  • Infamy: 1209
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 08:45:28 pm »
Let's not...

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2011, 08:52:58 pm »
Why they switching teams? Why? Its simple - so they can milking X5 for longer time.

I don't have anything against "Grey order" or some other clan. But here something else is real problem.
Take for example "Grey clan". They are good players, well organized, an they are at team speak. They come at public server (EU2 or EU5), and then you have well organized clan (blitzkrieg assault - win, hard defense with lots of constructions ....) against others. Guess who wins and who milking for a couple hours.

Solution: One (1) banner for all public servers. In next patch make one unique banner (can just write cRPG) for all players - you can choose it from menu. If you choose some other banner at public server this will result a auto ban. At other way you can choose your clan banner at your clan private server and in clan battles.

And if you switch to spectator trying to play with your clan mates - when you do that loose x1 and you cant play until next round starts.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:58:09 pm by Sagar »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2011, 08:55:55 pm »
Solution: One (1) banner for all public servers. In next patch make one unique banner (can just write cRPG) for all players - you can choose it from menu. If you choose some other banner at public server this will result a auto ban. At other way you can choose your clan banner at your clan private server and in clan battles.

Less convoluted and less confusing to new players solution would be to toggle the option OFF to use individual banners in Admin Control Panel, so each teammate has the exact same banner that matches their team.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2011, 08:59:57 pm »
Less convoluted and less confusing to new players solution would be to toggle the option OFF to use individual banners in Admin Control Panel, so each teammate has the exact same banner that matches their team.

Or that.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1479
  • Infamy: 2504
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2011, 09:00:01 pm »
And clans would stop playing :D

Let's face it, people are generally shit, people on internet are shit, people in c-rpg are shit (mostly). If you want to win use their power (their banner) against them. Simple as that.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2011, 09:16:54 pm »

Actually this is no flaw, but a feature.

I never said anything about it not being a feature (it is a pretty common one in games :P).

The point was that it can still balance out the teams by just putting more people on the other team instead of splitting up a banner group. For example taking a banner group of 2-3 decent K/D to swap instead of 1 top KD.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 09:22:42 pm »
I never said anything about it not being a feature (it is a pretty common one in games :P).

The point was that it can still balance out the teams by just putting more people on the other team instead of splitting up a banner group. For example taking a banner group of 2-3 decent K/D to swap instead of 1 top KD.

thats my case , because of me the 1 top kd , the clans get to have 2-3 more of their friends in their  team , 

I rarely get to play with clans , because balance says : DENIED and put me in the poor team ,

Even when i try to use banner to my advantage to play with my buddy SaulCanner , Balance says : fuck you balb 

So im fucked either way and its starting to get on my nerves...

Offline Rantrex

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • The only one person who is not cheating in crpg:
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2011, 09:51:33 pm »
Yup, life is very unfair.  Some need to lose, for other one can win, and better team wins, that's true. Is playing on x1 profitable? Greys are playing on siege, cuz it's easier way to earn exp and money, and just don't have enough strong opposition. So the way for you is to make ur own group for siege/battle/DTV.

I always dreamed about grey nick for greys, (maybe) green for BashiBazouks, light-blue for Risen etc.

U can't hate someone because of things  which has been fucked up by someone elses.

I generally aprove Njunjas idea, but it should be balance-fix for mod (swapping to opposite team someone who don't have dominating in team banner), not restricment on players
Stop cheating.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 10:15:28 pm »
+1
Yup, life is very unfair.  Some need to lose, for other one can win, and better team wins, that's true. Is playing on x1 profitable? Greys are playing on siege, cuz it's easier way to earn exp and money, and just don't have enough strong opposition. So the way for you is to make ur own group for siege/battle/DTV.

what kind of argument is that  :shock: ,  its the job of the dev team to make a fair environnement for all  to play and enjoy this mod , its not even close to being fair one bit,

Ill tell you how it work on my side :  i join a server , its full of one clan ( lets take TKoV for exemple , i love you guys btw )

1- i get autobalance on the clanless team
2- round start , i have  2-3 TkoV cavs on me
3- i try my best , survive maybe kill 1 cav or 2   
4- soon after the TKoV infantry is closing in with spears, poleaxes and 2hs
5- I fight real hard ,  but in the end i die because im overwhelmed ( or i get cheaply knocked down by  cav ) 

Most of thoses guys have lots of heirlooms and use Witchcraft ( TS ) to communicate with others from miles away to warn about my presence

All that while my non clan team is going all over the place , fight each others , wait at spawn and talk , or hide til they get their valor bonus 

Now tell me if its a fun situation...   Make that happen everyday (not with TkoV  of course was just an exemple) 

And you got one pissed Balb....

Ill just stop arguing... its pointless