Author Topic: Breaking the game rules - does anyone care?  (Read 13233 times)

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
Re: Breaking the game rules - does anyone care?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 05:58:37 pm »
It's been reported this situation several times over, and judging by the amount of feedbacks (which is a grand total of zero) they don't seem to care about it. So everyone is invited to change to grey banner, and do the same, for free xp.

It's like the situation of GK's rushing on the first seconds, getting killed after couching, and rejoining the same round, which according to some admins, this isn't illegal.

I've just reached a point of "oh well.. ¯\(°_o)/¯ "

Actually, I don't know, I see NA admins enforcing this rule and warning players that rejoining to respawn again is not allowed.

And Darkula, good luck :[
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 05:58:52 pm »
+3
I played a lot of siege one month ago, i can tell you the main problem (and exploit) is in the first round of siege, everybody knows that doors are weaker in first round, that means it is better to be on attacking team at first round.

And guess what, greys are always in attacking team at first round, strange no?

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 06:04:50 pm »
I played a lot of siege one month ago, i can tell you the main problem (and exploit) is in the first round of siege, everybody knows that doors are weaker in first round, that means it is better to be on attacking team at first round.

And guess what, greys are always in attacking team at first round, strange no?

Actually they are not  :rolleyes:

Come on guys, we know that some of the greys (I don't say it's the whole clan) do some very unfair and exploiting things on servers, but stick to the truth please... :rolleyes:

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 06:07:50 pm »
+2
Actually they are not  :rolleyes:

Come on guys, we know that some of the greys (I don't say it's the whole clan) do some very unfair and exploiting things on servers, but stick to the truth please... :rolleyes:

Are you call me a liar?

I can swear that they were always in the attacking team at first round, things may have change but it was like that.
I'm sure some grey members can confirm that they did it in the past.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2606
  • Infamy: 1356
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 06:14:23 pm »
It's siege, who cares...

Siege is a mod where you go when you want to smash some skulls without waiting for round to end. Otherwise it is completely meaningless mod which requires teamplay and brains which is almost impossible to find on pub servers so therefore clans like Grey and HRE dominate in that mod.

Long story short, use either Grey or HRE banner when playing siege and you'll have fun. Exploit exploiters :wink:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:15:30 pm by Leshma »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 06:15:17 pm »
I'm playing this game for a while now and I've never intendedly made it into the team I want. You can choose one, but autobalance or whatever puts you somewhere in the first round, not even caring about banner

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 06:20:32 pm »
+3
It would be totally ok if they try like 2 times to join the attackers in the first round and then just deal with being in the "wrong" team or go spec. But some of them are trying until the last freakin minute to join the winner-team and that just fucks up the balance even more, because they don't kill anything and the defence doesn't get more players that would do so.

But, to be honest, it's just way too easy to get into the "right" team and i do so, too. Usually one click on the 2nd team is enough to join the attackers. But if not, i can deal with it >:O

Solution (Like mentioned many times before): Let us only choose 1 team, so we join one of the teams randomly.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 06:25:18 pm »

Solution (Like mentioned many times before): Let us only choose 1 team, so we join one of the teams randomly.

been saying that since a long time ago , it should be like old crpg where you joined the fray without choosing the team , this can still be abused but way less than having to choose your side,

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2011, 07:01:29 pm »
been saying that since a long time ago , it should be like old crpg where you joined the fray without choosing the team , this can still be abused but way less than having to choose your side,

This and I honestly wish they would do away with banner balance. Everyone knows but doesn't want to admit that banner balance is all about stacking teams.

Sometimes it's more fun to play against your clanmates. If you really want to play with your clan and use teamwork, that's what scrims and strategus is for.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:18:05 pm by rustyspoon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2011, 07:02:25 pm »
This and I honestly wish they would do away with banner balance anyway. Everyone knows but doesn't want to admit that banner balance is all about stacking teams.

Everyone also knows that every server with BB turned off loses popularity rather quickly.
Tuna town or EU5 were great examples of experiments with "no range" or "No BB."

We know it has problems, but we want it anyways.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:03:39 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 07:14:38 pm »
Everyone also knows that every server with BB turned off loses popularity rather quickly.

Oh a server without ranged will not be empty in EU. I for one would be one there 24/7. Ah like the good old Risen melee only server, good times. There were almost always 20+ players on there. The average skill lvl on there was so high, that if you joined EU 1 after playing there for a few days it was super easy mode.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 07:15:29 pm »
This and I honestly wish they would do away with banner balance anyway. Everyone knows but doesn't want to admit that banner balance is all about stacking teams.

Sometimes it's more fun to play against your clanmates. If you really want to play with your team and use teamwork, that's what scrims and strategus is for.

i wish people could see it that way instead of using the excuse of BB to milk the 5x like there is no tomorow ,

and ToD thoses servers are empty not because bb is off ,its because they are less known servers and people are used to play on the regular servers ,

Its like an old habit , it cant be easily changed , :D

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 07:16:11 pm »

Because given the option, a clan will go where they can stack teams and everyone else will go to a place that already has players.

I think most people nowadays have become slaves to the multi and they will do anything in their power to get a larger multi or keep the multi they have. That's why you have people pulling things like the OP posted, or people on losing teams who hide to try and get valor.

I gotta say though, the game becomes WAY more fun when you stop caring about leveling and don't give a shit about multis.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 07:21:31 pm »
+1
I believe that everyone knows BB can be abused, I know a lot of people don't like it, but I honestly think more people like it then dislike it.

I personally love it because you can play with your friends on the same team (No, strat is not an alternative, it is and forever will be a separate mess), and that social aspect is entirely why I play cRPG in the first place.

I really am completely against all servers turning it off, but I would be interested in seeing alternative servers go up with it off as an option for the people who dislike it.

I gotta say though, the game becomes WAY more fun when you stop caring about leveling and don't give a shit about multis.

It certainly does. Stopped retiring and oh lord does the game become more peaceful.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 07:26:01 pm »
+1
On the other hand, for some reason banner balance system isn't flawless and often keeps splitting clan members instead of keeping them in one team. Fixing that would be nice.

AMEN.

There's nothing more horrible than auto-team splitting up banners, it should swap after the least used banner on the teams.

Tor and I hardly ever gets to play together anymore due to being split up ALL the time, very disheartening not being able to play a game with a friend.
It also eliminates the possibility to actually practice something on the servers, since someone will always be switched and it will most likely be one of your best players OR as always the one actually commanding the group via TeamSpeak.

If anyone has anything against Absolute Banner Balance they should play on servers without banner balance, but in general absolute banner balance should be the norm for almost all servers.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!