Author Topic: i beg you make bodkins unusable on horseback  (Read 3982 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
i beg you make bodkins unusable on horseback
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:47:44 am »
because its totaly retarded and unballanced that is all , i dont think i need to go eny deeper into the details of how retadedley retarded it is
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:52:05 pm by Kalam »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2595
  • Infamy: 1578
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: i beg you make bodkins unusable on horseback
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:01:42 pm »
Better solution would be to make bodkins 8 cut :twisted:

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 01:48:31 pm »
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 01:53:33 pm »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 03:26:51 pm »
+7
Horse archers are annoying, but they have to give up literally all other useful skills to be effective.

(click to show/hide)

Horse archers are probably going to use 2-3 bodkin stacks, which means in they are going to be paying boatloads of gold for repair of those (~350 gold, very high break chance) not to mention their expensive horse.   Playing a HA is probably very difficult to maintain gold-wise, so I say leave them with their bodkins, since without them they will just tickle all but the lightest of armored players.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 04:26:16 pm »
+1
Sad archer face.

<3 the whine threads.

On my HA alt, I use Barbed Arrows instead of Bodkins, Bodkins only make a noticeable difference against heavy armoured players when you're using a horn bow on horseback with 5PD most of the time, well from my experience anyway, so I prefer to use Barbed and get 10 more arrows than I would using Bodkin, especially considering Headshots will still fuck a tincan up regardless of what arrow is used. Occasionally I do use Bodkins if there are alot of heavy armoured guys on the enemy team.

It's the foot archers with the huge bows who gain the most from Bodkin arrows.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:27:21 pm by Leesin »

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 08:27:16 pm »
Horse archers are annoying, but they have to give up literally all other useful skills to be effective.

(click to show/hide)

Horse archers are probably going to use 2-3 bodkin stacks, which means in they are going to be paying boatloads of gold for repair of those (~350 gold, very high break chance) not to mention their expensive horse.   Playing a HA is probably very difficult to maintain gold-wise, so I say leave them with their bodkins, since without them they will just tickle all but the lightest of armored players.

So you mean that before the arrow change damage, they didn't deal any significant damage to all but the lightest of armored players ? Whereas now, they can, providing rich enough, take away a third of your life in one shot, when they have two other dozens arrows remaining ? And that seem "normal", or "evolution", or "balance" to you ?

Price isn't the only thing that ought to balance a class, people should stick that in their head.

+1 for the bodkin arrows only usable on foot. At least, 15/24 FOOT archers, will maybe thus have this advantage vs 15/24 HA.

PS: Next thing we'll hear for MR Shine is a petition to enable flamburger on horseback, because it's hella expensive and 2hcav already pay for their horse, so it's a money sink, so it should be allowed. Lmao.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 08:39:11 pm »
where to sign?

btw.. dont tell me about bodkin upkeep, thats lame..

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 08:51:10 pm »
+1
You'd have to be extremely rich to get away with permanently using bodkins on horseback. I lost 20k in 4 hours doing it. That's why I use barbed arrows most of the time. Only if a server has an unusual amount of heavies will I switch.

Bodkins honestly don't make that much of a difference in damage to all but the heaviest armoured people. Barbed arrows have a horrible tendency to do 0 damage to heavier armour (top tier). And even if they hit they do practically nothing. So bodkins are needed for that reason I think. Besides, chances are with 3x barbed arrows I'll have enough arrows to just circle you forever and waste killing you regardless. It's rare that I'll run down all 3 stacks of arrows when they are barbs. But then people moan at you...so I'd like to make it easier on everybody and use bodkins instead to kill heavies.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:53:45 pm by Overdriven »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 08:53:47 pm »
+4
So you mean that before the arrow change damage, they didn't deal any significant damage to all but the lightest of armored players ? Whereas now, they can, providing rich enough, take away a third of your life in one shot, when they have two other dozens arrows remaining ? And that seem "normal", or "evolution", or "balance" to you ?

Price isn't the only thing that ought to balance a class, people should stick that in their head.

+1 for the bodkin arrows only usable on foot. At least, 15/24 FOOT archers, will maybe thus have this advantage vs 15/24 HA.

PS: Next thing we'll hear for MR Shine is a petition to enable flamburger on horseback, because it's hella expensive and 2hcav already pay for their horse, so it's a money sink, so it should be allowed. Lmao.

Please don't straw-man me.

Current pros of horse archery:
+ ranged attack
+ difficult to catch
+ ability to move and fire

Current cons of horse archery:
- high skill demands
- dependence on horse for max effectiveness
- high upkeep cost

A horse archer is simply an archer that sacrifices flexibility and damage potential for more maneuverability. A horse archer without their horse will be gimped on the ground compared to other archers because they won't be able to move as quickly, or melee as well, or hit as hard.  Not to mention while riding a horse the archer is never going to be as accurate with their shots compared to a foot archer, and will ultimately require more fired arrows per successful hit.  All of this while costing an arm and a leg to upkeep.

Those are already a lot of sacrifices.  Horse archers were simply annoying before, now they are annoying and have the potential to deal some damage.  I can live with that, and you should too.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 09:29:28 pm »
+3
I don't even know why people are crying about HA anyway, they are one of the least used builds and are very balanced, they have been nerfed enough, bodkins for a PD5 + horn bow aren't that great and as me and Overdriven have already said, their damage is only really noticeable vs heavy armoured guys, I have still shot some people 4 times in the torso with bodkins to kill them whilst they only had medium armour or weaker.

People only take more notice of HA on the field because they find them "annoying" and I would put money on a decent portion of those players are randomers who run around the field alone, getting circled by a lone HA who shoots them to death, they only cry about it because they couldn't fight back then whine about HA, but it is their own fault it happened to them in the first place.

I lost count of how many times on my HA I would see one shieldless guy a mile away from his army trying to 'flank', then I would circle him and shoot him to death, only for him to cry after I died or new round started "Fucking HA coward"  :lol:.

But yeah, if you want to take away HA only weapon against heavy armour then let's remove pierce and blunt damage from everything else, doesn't bother me seeing as my main uses a sword anyway.  :lol:

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 10:46:17 pm »
+1
I don't even know why people are crying about HA anyway, they are one of the least used builds and are very balanced, they have been nerfed enough, bodkins for a PD5 + horn bow aren't that great and as me and Overdriven have already said, their damage is only really noticeable vs heavy armoured guys, I have still shot some people 4 times in the torso with bodkins to kill them whilst they only had medium armour or weaker.

People only take more notice of HA on the field because they find them "annoying" and I would put money on a decent portion of those players are randomers who run around the field alone, getting circled by a lone HA who shoots them to death, they only cry about it because they couldn't fight back then whine about HA, but it is their own fault it happened to them in the first place.

I lost count of how many times on my HA I would see one shieldless guy a mile away from his army trying to 'flank', then I would circle him and shoot him to death, only for him to cry after I died or new round started "Fucking HA coward"  :lol:.

But yeah, if you want to take away HA only weapon against heavy armour then let's remove pierce and blunt damage from everything else, doesn't bother me seeing as my main uses a sword anyway.  :lol:

Totally agree. HA's are already rare anyway. Also, when was the last time that any of you saw an HA who was a game changer?

I frankly don't understand all the people whining about this. HA's are terribly easy to avoid and they generally do LESS damage than foot archers. If you're a lone asshole without a shield running after an HA and not hiding behind cover you deserve to be shot. How about you guys use your brain for once instead of trying to nerf everything into oblivion.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 10:58:07 pm »
If HA's were op, they'd be far more prevalent and you'd regularly see them top the scoreboard, which they dont.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 11:03:49 pm »
Better solution would be to make bodkins 8 cut :twisted:

Go to hell mate :O

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 11:24:47 pm »
wow a big minus on that post, that would make another HA nerf, since they combine both Cav and archer , they had to suffer both from cav and archer whinner+ nerfs which imo made them nearly useless now.
Is it me or most people asking for this silly thing did not have much experience with horse archer? cos to be honest i had alot, and i saw the conditions of HA horse archers decrease from deadly sniper- tank (1 year ago) to beeing gamblers on horsback (before the change with bodkins) since their accuracy has been reduced so much.
Many people said before me, horse archer is the most difficult class, both requirering huge amout of skill and money.
To remove the horse archer from their one of their only "advantage"(advantage? not even every HA uses bodkin!) would be unessary and imo some other classes need to be balanced.
Current pros of horse archery:
+ ranged attack
+ difficult to catch
+ ability to move and fire
-Range? ahem, have you seen the accuracy on horse back? mhh i woulnt consider it "accurate" in medium and  long range.
-difficult to catch? Horse can easily get shot down by archers and Horse archer many having no melee skills are candies for cavalery.
-ability to move and fire? that i will agree, but every class needs some advantage, thats why its called horse archery! it was like saying that the pros of throwers was that they can throw missiles -.-

Any way thats one of my only post agains all of the HA whine going around, hope your happy .
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:27:01 pm by JackieChan »
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه