Author Topic: EU5 - Mordhau votebanned me  (Read 722 times)

Offline Klingsohr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • "It's a game of inches" - Klingsohr
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Arcani
  • Game nicks: Klingsohr, Klingsohra, Clingwrap, Clingsoar, from_behind
EU5 - Mordhau votebanned me
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:02:00 am »
I got vote banned for opening the gate.

I literally opened the gate, got a kill, and closed the gate. No one got inside the base...

Requesting unban-please.
"It's a game of inches" - Klingsohr

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
Re: EU5 - Mordhau votebanned me
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 11:15:14 am »
Votebans last for 1hour and can't be undone by admins. And opening gates on Siege is forbidden, so heavily frowned upon by veteran Siegers.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 06:27:00 pm »
Votebans last for 1hour and can't be undone by admins. And opening gates on Siege is forbidden, so heavily frowned upon by veteran Siegers.
Question: Is opening the gate for friendly cav to go out and rampage the attacker spawn forbidden? Not talking about "random retard cav capslock chatting" but having guys on TS ready to charge and quickly opening and closing.

Sorry for the kinda off topic question, but it is related to what OP did.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 06:54:28 pm »
Question: Is opening the gate for friendly cav to go out and rampage the attacker spawn forbidden?

Nope. If you open the gate and close it again to let out teammates on their request, that's fine ofcourse.

Opening the gate at awkward moments for the defenders to grief them or help friends on the other team win is quite bannable though. Use common sense here. Letting cav teammate out and closing gate = fine. Opening gate for no good reason and not closing it is not.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 08:16:05 pm »
Nope. If you open the gate and close it again to let out teammates on their request, that's fine ofcourse.

Opening the gate at awkward moments for the defenders to grief them or help friends on the other team win is quite bannable though. Use common sense here. Letting cav teammate out and closing gate = fine. Opening gate for no good reason and not closing it is not.
Good. I was always curious because of the very straight forward "don't open gates as defenders". Always thought it was ok if you had people waiting to sally out, but was never sure. Nice to have it confirmed.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia