Poll

Should STF's be able to use the market place?

Yes they should.
8 (36.4%)
No they should not.
14 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Skip the fun. Allowing to use Market Place.  (Read 656 times)

Offline _Savein_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm French So What....
    • View Profile
Skip the fun. Allowing to use Market Place.
« on: October 11, 2011, 04:17:10 pm »
Hey all. I recently made a skip the fun who is now my main. And I have noticed that STF are not aloud to use the market place. I'm wondering why that is. I know skip the fun's are ment to help new people out who just want to go right into the game but why can we not use the market place. I would love to see that. I dont have much to say to back up my suggestion but I really would like to see. (In the near future) that STF's would be able to use the market place.
I'm French... So what Doesn't make me any worse then I already am..

Offline Daergar

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daergar_the_Tank
Re: Skip the fun. Allowing to use Market Place.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:21:09 pm »
+1
Because of the possibilities to abuse it by trading/gifting items and gold to your main character? Same reason alts cannot use it, though that would be even worse given the new upkeep rules for generation one.

Offline _Savein_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm French So What....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 12:35:49 am »
I am saying when STF characters are *MAINS* I have my main set as a STF because I got sick of grinding. And I thought it would be good for them to be able to use the market. What im trying to say is when you have your STF set as a main character. I understand about the alts but that is not my point.
I'm French... So what Doesn't make me any worse then I already am..

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 12:42:51 am »
+1
Hey all. I recently made a skip the fun who is now my main. And I have noticed that STF are not aloud to use the market place. I'm wondering why that is. I know skip the fun's are ment to help new people out who just want to go right into the game but why can we not use the market place. I would love to see that. I dont have much to say to back up my suggestion but I really would like to see. (In the near future) that STF's would be able to use the market place.

Step one, obtain new CD key.
Step two, use a different IP (might cause Ping issues but who cares you won't be playing) so it is different then your usual IP. Or find a friend. Or have a DRZ tag... just do something to get away with it.
Step three, keep creating new STF characters, and then use that 10K extra gold (10,100 gold actually since it is a new character) and send it to your main VIA market place offer.
Step four, find other inventive ways to abuse the system.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 01:30:01 am »
There's really no reason to use a STF character as your main and lots of reasons not to.  If you've played a STF character for a week and decided you enjoy the game, then you might as well start over with a real character.  You don't want to look back 6 months later and realize that all this time you could have been playing a main character and picked up a lot of perks along the way.

Incidentally, STF characters also can't respec.

It's not a bad way to try the game to see if you'll like it but if the answer is "yes", then it's time to level a main.

(And "grind"?  Really?  I'm on gen 4 and have never once had to do a grind.  I thought killing people was fun.  If you think normal gameplay of hitting people with axes and swords is a grind then I dunno what to tell you.)
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 01:56:13 am »
Step one, obtain new CD key.
Step two, use a different IP (might cause Ping issues but who cares you won't be playing) so it is different then your usual IP. Or find a friend. Or have a DRZ tag... just do something to get away with it.
Step three, keep creating new STF characters, and then use that 10K extra gold (10,100 gold actually since it is a new character) and send it to your main VIA market place offer.
Step four, find other inventive ways to abuse the system.
thx for explaining it to him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 02:58:10 am »
Because of the possibilities to abuse it by trading/gifting items and gold to your main character? Same reason alts cannot use it, though that would be even worse given the new upkeep rules for generation one.
WOW HOLD IT RIGHT THERE MISTER! Who made that sweetass sig for ya?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 06:56:00 am »
yes there were abusers so thats why they implemented the system as it is now...

for me stf is merely a test for a build or a troll nothing more

im not going to make a serous build on it and play it like a normal character
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q