Author Topic: make 2h overheads inactive at the end of the swing.  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: make 2h overheads inactive at the end of the swing.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 07:16:01 pm »
Indeed, removing twohanders would take minimum half of my kills ^^

They are so easy to hit   :mrgreen:  whereas shielders are a real pain now that jumpshooting doesn't work anymore :/

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 11:52:07 pm »
What if instead of removing it entirely, it just gave the end-of-animation hits a much, much larger negative speed penalty?  That way, it would still "connect" - it wouldn't just float through, which it might if it were "inactive - but it wouldn't be good for kills, or even knockdowns or damage, but really only for interrupting the enemy's attacks.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 12:59:36 am »
The overhead thingy is derp yes (for all wep types, not just 2h) and should be fixed asap imo.

Spinthrusting on the other hand is just part of the combat system; if you disable the ability to turn your swings then you'd have really stale combat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 01:18:07 am »
The overhead thingy is derp yes (for all wep types, not just 2h) and should be fixed asap imo.

Spinthrusting on the other hand is just part of the combat system; if you disable the ability to turn your swings then you'd have really stale combat.
This already is a problem for 1h's. Turning and swinging is really annoying since there is a limit on the turn speed. Together with lower movement speed from the shield, low range of 1hs and worse "sweet spot" for the animation, it really is a problem. Also, people hitting through shield and running through you.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 01:51:45 am »
This already is a problem for 1h's. Turning and swinging is really annoying since there is a limit on the turn speed. Together with lower movement speed from the shield, low range of 1hs and worse "sweet spot" for the animation, it really is a problem. Also, people hitting through shield and running through you.

I have a 1h alt (I created one to test) and I've had no probs whatsoever regarding hitting people thus far.

The lower turning speed only applies to sideswings, and takes effect only after you release the swing so unless you go for a shitty swing/get outmaneuvered you'll be fine.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:02:29 am by Dezilagel »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 02:11:40 am »
I have a 1h alt (I created one to test) and I've had no probs whatsoever regarding hitting people thus far.

The lower turning speed only applies to sideswings, and takes effect only after you release the swing so unless you go for a shitty swing/get outmaneuvered you'll be fine.
And I got a 2h alt (two actually) a polearm, a hoplite, a crossbowman and an archer. Never seem to be a problem on those not using 1h. And yeah, it only applies to sideswings.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 02:21:57 am »
And I got a 2h alt (two actually) a polearm, a hoplite, a crossbowman and an archer. Never seem to be a problem on those not using 1h. And yeah, it only applies to sideswings.

Your point...?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 02:24:37 am »
Your point...?
You say you don't have any problems with it on your shielder alt (ignoring that problems can be different with different builds) and I say this is a problem on the chars I use 1h with, but never ever on those I use polearm/2h on.

EDIT: And just to make it more clear. It's not the crappy "sweetspot" of 1h compared to 2h and pole that is the problem. It's the crappy sweetspot combined with low range, low damage, the turn speed reduction (since you have to be facehugging it actually matter a lot more) and the low mobility of shielders (since the shield slows you down a lot AND 1h weight counts for more slowdown than 2h/pole/bow/xbow/throwing weight) all added together that is the problem.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:27:24 am by Zapper »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 02:30:16 am »
You say you don't have any problems with it on your shielder alt (ignoring that problems can be different with different builds) and I say this is a problem on the chars I use 1h with, but never ever on those I use polearm/2h on.

3 points:

1. If your current build is giving you problems with this (I really don't see how, just turn your mouse properly and you'll have no issues) then maybe it doesn't suit you so just change it?

2. 1h technique is different yes, and maybe you're not used to it or smth but really, if you do proper swings this is not a problem.

3. 1h alt, not shielder. Shields are for pussies  :twisted:

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 02:40:38 am »
+1
3 points:

1. If your current build is giving you problems with this (I really don't see how, just turn your mouse properly and you'll have no issues) then maybe it doesn't suit you so just change it?

2. 1h technique is different yes, and maybe you're not used to it or smth but really, if you do proper swings this is not a problem.

3. 1h alt, not shielder. Shields are for pussies  :twisted:

1. Turning the mouse to change the swing according the to Ussain Bolt clone that can run past me so fucking fast is what I always did and it worked fine. High muose sensitivity ftw. But now that isn't possible anymore because of the swing turn speed limit. That's cool. But when I still get the hit to actually, you know, hit but it just glances because it's in the "bad" sweetspot is just really fucking annoying. Especially when the 2h's with their "never-glance"TM animation sweetspot can do exactly the same with great success. WHILE doing about twice the damage, having more reach and more speed. Do they STILL need better animation sweetspot?

2. Not sure exactly what you are trying to say? Yeah, of course I don't fight the same way I fight as a 2h or polearm when I use a 1h, that would be retarded. It's the annoying lesser animation sweetspot I'm talking about.

3. Exactly. So you don't really know much about 1h's then and nothing about shielders. :P

For the record. Polearms haven't got as good sweetspot as 2hs, but not as good as 1h. I would range it somewhere in the middle. But they also got the longest so it really isn't a big problem. It really only is a problem if you got low mobility and a short weapon. Which is exactly what 1hs are...

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: MSN-chat Dezilagel and Zapper
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 02:51:27 am »
1. Turning the mouse to change the swing according the to Ussain Bolt clone that can run past me so fucking fast is what I always did and it worked fine. High muose sensitivity ftw. But now that isn't possible anymore because of the swing turn speed limit. That's cool. But when I still get the hit to actually, you know, hit but it just glances because it's in the "bad" sweetspot is just really fucking annoying. Especially when the 2h's with their "never-glance"TM animation sweetspot can do exactly the same with great success. WHILE doing about twice the damage, having more reach and more speed. Do they STILL need better animation sweetspot?

2. Not sure exactly what you are trying to say? Yeah, of course I don't fight the same way I fight as a 2h or polearm when I use a 1h, that would be retarded. It's the annoying lesser animation sweetspot I'm talking about.

3. Exactly. So you don't really know much about 1h's then and nothing about shielders. :P

For the record. Polearms haven't got as good sweetspot as 2hs, but not as good as 1h. I would range it somewhere in the middle. But they also got the longest so it really isn't a big problem. It really only is a problem if you got low mobility and a short weapon. Which is exactly what 1hs are...

1. 1h damage is just fkn insane from what I've experienced due to the headhits.

2. Don't release the swing and then turn, turn and then release the swing. 1h are so fast anyway that you can hold just slightly and still not get outspammed (protip, leftswing).

3. I'm just trying to say that I've not experienced these "bad sweetspots" ppl are QQing about when it comes to 1h. And me not having so much experience with 1h is part of the point; I've not played it for very long and I still do good, it's not that hard.

4. 1h are the fastest weps. If you're getting outspammed by anyone, especially 2h or poles, then you're just doing something wrong.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 03:25:20 am »

2. Don't release the swing and then turn, turn and then release the swing. 1h are so fast anyway that you can hold just slightly and still not get outspammed (protip, leftswing).

3. I'm just trying to say that I've not experienced these "bad sweetspots" ppl are QQing about when it comes to 1h. And me not having so much experience with 1h is part of the point; I've not played it for very long and I still do good, it's not that hard.

4. 1h are the fastest weps. If you're getting outspammed by anyone, especially 2h or poles, then you're just doing something wrong.
Derp. 1h aren't really the fastest. They have THE fastest but there are a lot of 2h that are just as fast/faster. Not getting outspammed btw.

And, duh. The left swing is fast and can do a lot of damage because of the headhit. They are also the ones most probable to get the annoying glance too, because of their animation. But really? Doing sick damage? Yeah, right. Only ones who do sick damage is the high end picks and hammers. Same goes for bec and flamberge and great maul. All do great damage, that's their deal. I was talking about overall damage.

But really. You aren't noticing the bad sweetspots? At all? Somethings wrong with you man. (or maybe me and my random "FUCK you, I'm gonna drop from 50-60 FPS to 1-6 problems...)

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 05:39:47 pm »
You're talking about MW elite Spamitar. This weapon is just insanly op and needs almost no skill to use. When I play siege I just pick one up (free mw elite spamitar and masterpiece shields thanks to grey clan) and 1-2 hit everyone. Basic feinting and footwork is needed, the rest is spam and facehugging.
The problem with the spamitar is, it has speed, damage and length. It only lacks the thrust, but masterworked it has enough cutting power even for plate.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 05:44:05 pm »
You're talking about MW elite Spamitar. This weapon is just insanly op and needs almost no skill to use. When I play siege I just pick one up (free mw elite spamitar and masterpiece shields thanks to grey clan) and 1-2 hit everyone. Basic feinting and footwork is needed, the rest is spam and facehugging.
The problem with the spamitar is, it has speed, damage and length. It only lacks the thrust, but masterworked it has enough cutting power even for plate.

Nope, I was talking about the Iberian mace and the Italian Sword - the two weps that I've been using.

I've yet to aquire a MW spammitard.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 08:10:48 pm »
Yay, nerf Two handers till theres nothin to nerf anymoar !!!

This overhead is also possible with Poles, but there aint many skilled pole Players ....

And, before i forget it:

POLESTUN IS UP, BUFF IT !!!!

(click to show/hide)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.