Poll

Is archery fine as it is ?

Yeah, everything is fine.
39 (23.1%)
No, something needs to be changed. There is too many archers using bodkins.
40 (23.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. All archers are OP.
13 (7.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. Archers hit like a truck. QQ
28 (16.6%)
Yeah, everything is fine but longbow needs some love.
32 (18.9%)
Ihatearchers.rage.qq.com
17 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.  (Read 14811 times)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
Re: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2011, 08:59:08 am »
if you ?lay under your wolves sebastian nick well it isnt you  8-)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2011, 11:53:29 am »
cRPG god is punishing you for armor crutching.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2011, 04:04:20 pm »
This still doesn't solve all the problems. Steep hills and reachable but hard to reach places would still be nearly equally retarded.

Hello? Archers cant run on steep hills. I thought the complaint was that they could run away from you STRENGTH crutchers. "Whaa! I went all strength and no athletics and it isn't fair that guy with 8 athletics can outrun me! I want my one hit kill!"

Buncha whiners.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »
People need to learn that some builds will have a harder time against others...

No sympathy since Matey and others make extremely deadly anti-archer builds. Naturally if your build is great against one thing, it will have a much harder time against others. This is not single player, there are no rambos.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2011, 07:35:34 pm »
there are no rambos.

Which is gay.  Teamwork is fun when it's a choice, not a necessity.

Hello? Archers cant run on steep hills. I thought the complaint was that they could run away from you STRENGTH crutchers. "Whaa! I went all strength and no athletics and it isn't fair that guy with 8 athletics can outrun me! I want my one hit kill!"

Buncha whiners.

I've never been a STR crutcher (except on an alt to troll with a lollermaul) and I still have issue with this.  Archers should not have fucking 8 athletics.  They shouldn't be able to run faster than a balanced build melee.  Why?  Because kiting is lame shit.  Sure, that's not a fair answer, it's not a logical answer, but it's an honest answer.  Melee shouldn't have to make a goddamned useless agi/athletics gimmick build JUST for running down archers while being shit everywhere else.

Everything about the damned ranged playstyle is fucking lame.  Kiting:  Lame.  Roofcamping:  Fucking lame.  Shooting melee guys that can't attack back:  Lame.

That said I'm just a biased bastard that hates ranged, so whatever.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2011, 08:11:23 pm »
+4
I see WHY archers would want to Kite, and I see why we shouldn't make them unable to do so. If they decide to go light armour and 8 athl, they SHOULD be allowed to run away. Archer's shouldn't be forced into melee.
What I find ridiculous, though, is that they can run away with NO sacrifices! What I suggest is that we do the same with Bows as they did with Shields. Make them heavy as fuck. You want to run away to get help from allies? Fine, but you can't take the bow with you. Or if you do, it's a risk that the enemy can catch up with you. This would also makes shielders able to neutralize archers, instead of just chasing them forever. They can run towards them, archer have to drop his bow but can then kite away. Shielder can then follow and hope the archer gets intercepted, camp the bow so the archer can't get it back, or go fight someone else.

What do you think about this? All the "we don't want to fight in melee because we don't have melee builds" and "we are running to get help from allies" still can be done with this. The only thing that would change is the "lol, I am gonna run away like a bitch, making them unable to kill me, but me still able to kill them, in a very annoying, slow and delaying way!"
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2011, 08:22:23 pm »
The reason why archers run fast is actually because we don't wear armour because you won't let us. Even with 5 athletics I was able to outrun most people due to that.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2011, 08:28:11 pm »
+2
The reason why archers run fast is actually because we don't wear armour because you won't let us. Even with 5 athletics I was able to outrun most people due to that.
True. But guessing from how much speed shielders lost from the icnreased shield weight, I guess icnreasing the bow weight could help. Then again, doesn't sheathing your weapon negate most of the weight or was it all of it? If that is true, then archers could still run with a sheathed bow. That would actually be balanced in my eyes. You can run fast with the bow sheathed, or attack but having to stand still/move slowly? What do you think?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2011, 02:18:24 am »
Guess what? You nerf my 8 athletics, I'm just going to go reverse on you and go 8 PD AND 8 PS and start 1 shotting you instead of being able to run away and take 4-6 shots. Oh, and when you get close, that 8 PS will 1 shot you too, rather than the 4-5 PS I'm using now and taking 4-6 hits to kill you.

You hate ranged. We get it. Until cavalry is removed from the game however, I will continue using it.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2011, 02:42:45 am »
Guess what? You nerf my 8 athletics, I'm just going to go reverse on you and go 8 PD AND 8 PS and start 1 shotting you instead of being able to run away and take 4-6 shots. Oh, and when you get close, that 8 PS will 1 shot you too, rather than the 4-5 PS I'm using now and taking 4-6 hits to kill you.

You hate ranged. We get it. Until cavalry is removed from the game however, I will continue using it.

Cavalry is supposed to be the counter to ranged, I find it funny how it's the other way around (Unless you use an incredibly expensive armoured horse, but even then any organized group of ranged can destroy you or they can just camp somewhere you can't get to and kill you that way)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2011, 03:08:44 am »

Why do you feel the need to be as much of a my old friend as possible?
What about the game screams "MUST BE LAME AND GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in your eyes?  Hmmmmm?

Cavalry is supposed to be the counter to ranged, I find it funny how it's the other way around (Unless you use an incredibly expensive armoured horse, but even then any organized group of ranged can destroy you or they can just camp somewhere you can't get to and kill you that way)

^
This too.  What exactly IS the counter to ranged?  Oh yeah, other ranged.  THAT is truly retarded.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:14:39 am by Gorath »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2011, 03:21:09 am »
I'm still waiting for the whiners to leave... They never do...

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2011, 04:03:48 am »
I'm still waiting for the whiners to leave... They never do...

Still waiting for the rangedbundle of stickss to leave... They never do...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2011, 04:06:10 am »
+1
What's funny is that I have a bow and the game is designed for it, yet you and others keep dreaming of what never was and never will be.

Pew Pew Pew.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2011, 04:09:14 am »
+1
What's funny is that I have a bow and the game is designed for it, yet you and others keep dreaming of what never was and never will be.

Pew Pew Pew.

What's funny is that the devs took what was the only part of the game that is unique and groundbreaking in a sea of FPS's, melee combat, and then ruined it by making ranged combat so fucking viable.  Then the mod took that disease, and added ladders.