Author Topic: Exhaustion  (Read 1986 times)

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
Exhaustion
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:36:53 pm »
+2
Is there any kind of exhaustion in the game? Similar to GTA's fitness meter for example. I really hate tincans with crushthrough hammers crushing me all the time, so I demand this exhaustion meter :) I dont know, it could be related with inventory weight, strength and time spent in the game ...

What do you think?

Answers such as : "You're a noob, learn to kill tincans instead" etc. are not excepted :)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
Re: Exhaustion
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:59:19 pm »
+1
You are asking for something like a stamina bar? There is another thread like this to answer why crpg says no to this (and mana bar).

But in your case, i don't understand why you want one that can penalize you even more against crushtrough. The key against this is footwork, so if you are exhausted you will move slower and then this will be easier to hit you.
That don't solve your problem.

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 05:07:33 pm »
+1
Yeah, i was seeking that word: stamina! Though I'm sorry to hear that its rejected. Well, I assumed that tincans would soak the stamina bar faster than lighter troops, so that lighter troops would have better chances to avoid being crushed close to the last minutes of the game.

Offline GaenaralHONK

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd_Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_GaenaralHONK ; 22nd_Honkytonky ; Swafnir ; Imma_Throw_Up
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:30:45 pm »
+1
tincans got enough penalty merely from their weight
and i say this even though i never had a tincan - and i will never have one cos i favor faster light to medium armored infantry over anything else  ( yes even 2h+light armor over my old friendchers :P )

stamina would destroy this game, fosho

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:59:06 pm »
+1
You're right BattalGazi, tin can should soak stamina faster than lighter troops, i guess this is represented in the game by the fact that they are slower. But now we see light armor ppl with a hammer and they crush crush crush...
Put max skill points in athletic to move faster, don't come on them with your shield up (beware of side strike) try to hit them before they have the time to release, always keep your ditance (right slash is good for that).
In fact they are the nemesis of shielder, in terms of game mechanics on a one-vs-one you must die against them (just like you kill archers), so you can only count on your skills.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 09:32:34 pm »
+1
Is there any kind of exhaustion in the game? Similar to GTA's fitness meter for example. I really hate tincans with crushthrough hammers crushing me all the time, so I demand this exhaustion meter :) I dont know, it could be related with inventory weight, strength and time spent in the game ...

What do you think?

Answers such as : "You're a noob, learn to kill tincans instead" etc. are not excepted :)

I hate this idea.  It's been suggested before and i hated it then.  The game is about using your mouse, not waiting for cooldowns and drinking mana potions.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 12:54:04 pm »
+1
If you get hit in an arm it should become useless and you drop whatever you hold in it, if you get hit in the leg you should have to limp, if in both legs you should have to crawl.

Your character woud also have a 50% chance to suffer from something like dysentery every round in which case he keeps shitting himself ( with sound effects ) and moves really slow, doing 50% less damage because he's also weaker.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:55:30 pm by Leesin »

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 01:05:57 pm »
+1
I have a feeling that once in a future there will be something like stamina. I bet that devs have it on their "to do" list but somewhere low :)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 02:28:28 pm »
+1
I hate this idea.  It's been suggested before and i hated it then.  The game is about using your mouse, not waiting for cooldowns and drinking mana potions.

Please don't mix everything. I can safely assume the op doesn't want any cooldowns or mana potions implemented.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 03:50:48 pm »
+1
i like fast action, the battles seem really intense, this makes the game great. stamina will ruin it = bad idea. not to mention all the rebalancing that would have to be done. this is a no go.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 04:07:34 pm »
+1

They may not be expected, but they are required. Seriously, even a none-tincan with a maul (except long maul) is easy enough to take down. The weight of the weapon slows them considerably and the weapon is so slow that only a 1h turtling it up with a huscarl won't be able to spam them. If that's you, stop turtling and fight like a man: you might actually stand a chance then.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 04:16:50 pm »
+1
I have a feeling that once in a future there will be something like stamina. I bet that devs have it on their "to do" list but somewhere low :)

I doubt it very much. Ever since the warband beta people have been suggesting some kind of stamina system and its always been shot down. The cRPG devs are all old beta players, doubt they'll want to change a fundamental part of the game after more than a year.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 04:34:36 pm »
+1
They may not be expected, but they are required. Seriously, even a none-tincan with a maul (except long maul) is easy enough to take down. The weight of the weapon slows them considerably and the weapon is so slow that only a 1h turtling it up with a huscarl won't be able to spam them. If that's you, stop turtling and fight like a man: you might actually stand a chance then.

Fail. Of course you stand a chance (not in tight places though), but certainly not with spamming. Take a look at this :

Bar Mace
spd rtng 92

Mallet
spd rtng 84

(these values need roughly -8 nerf imho, same for other crushthrough/knockdown weapons)
Let's say you are have a balanced char. Any decent 2h stacker will easily hit faster than you (quite strange since he has less strenght he should have more difficulties with using his weapon). The burrick style player however will not be faster than you, but still is fast enough to make it impossible for you to spam unless you have so high agi and low str that yes you can spam but it bounces on his armor and he crushes you.

And I didn't even mentioned anyone can perfectly block like a jedi master with a big chunk of iron like the bar mace, long maul, great maul...

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 05:04:39 pm »
+1
Fail.

Thank you for starting your post so intelligently.

Of course you stand a chance (not in tight places though), but certainly not with spamming. Take a look at this :

Bar Mace
spd rtng 92

Mallet
spd rtng 84

(these values need roughly -8 nerf imho, same for other crushthrough/knockdown weapons)

Er...OK...is that meant to make me think that I'm wrong? Those are, indeed, the stats of two weapons. Great.

Let's say you are have a balanced char. Any decent 2h stacker will easily hit faster than you (quite strange since he has less strenght he should have more difficulties with using his weapon).

WHAT!? Are you insane?? I play both a 2h and a 1h (and basically every other build except HA) and I can say for certain that a 2h, regardless of how much agi they've stacked (can't be a huge amount if they're using a maul) they can NOT swing faster than someone using a sword (unless that person has no strength nor WPF).

The burrick style player however will not be faster than you, but still is fast enough to make it impossible for you to spam unless you have so high agi and low str that yes you can spam but it bounces on his armor and he crushes you.

This is still not the case. My 2h has 21 agi; I can get hit on a 1h turtling with a huscarl, but I cannot reliably get hits in on someone using no shield (I can occasionally if they have crap footwork or are generally retarde at melee without a shield). The same is true for my 1h (only level 22 as well!); if I try to turtle against someone who's using a maul, I die (unless they're pure strength) - as soon as I get rid of the shield I can spam them and outmanoeuvre them.

And I didn't even mentioned anyone can perfectly block like a jedi master with a big chunk of iron like the bar mace, long maul, great maul...

What? Somehow having a big weapon makes blocking easier?? It certainly doesn't make it harder, but it doesn't make it easier at all. I have a feeling that what you're noticing is a bunch of frustrated decent 2hers get out a maul to crack your turtle shell. They can't block better because of the weapon - they can block better because they're better.

Seriously, try playing as the class you're bitching about before you bitch about it. It seems the issue here is solely a lack of skill, rather than an OP weapon. I have yet to meet a mauler that my 1h cannot easily defeat. I actually look forward to them; they're a lot less dangerous than throwers. Drop the shield and L2P.

Edit: BTW, the barmace will crush through most shields reasonably frequently if the user has highish str. Use a weapon to block and you'll find they don't crush through very often at all (unless it is heirloomed; I believe heirloomed barmace is OP), especially if your weapon has some weight to it. The calculation for crush through means that shields are easier to crush through than weapons. This is a design decision - how else are 2h meant to have the advantage over shielders (or are they supposed to be effective against nothing?) if they can't get through the shields in some way?

I'm specifically talking about the great maul. The mallets don't crush through that often (with a weapon block) unless the user has high str, in which case they can be spammed. Regardless, footwork takes care of them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:10:05 pm by Mattressi »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 05:51:14 pm »
+1
A stamina system will never be accepted, because there are too many people unable to block but still getting kills with easy spam. And of course, elite players will oppose it so their own image is improved (I don't have any problems with spamming, if you do, you must be a noob, learn to block, yaddayaddayadda). I also don't have problems with spammers, personally, but I do recognize that spamming long weapons takes no skill and yields easy kills. It's so easy to build an agi stacker, pick a long fast weapon and climb the scoreboard.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?