Author Topic: Earlier active attacks blow!  (Read 4757 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Earlier active attacks blow!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 11:12:37 am »
I think the new swing animation settings are great.

Like Wooki says, when facing multiple opponents, you stand a much better chance because they can't swing through each other any more. Stepping in between opponents works quite well now.

But more importantly, nobody can swing through walls or floors now! Shorter weapons have a real advantage against longer weapons in cramped quarters. I've been using the buildings and terrain to make fighting those long 2h and pole arms and i like the new settings a lot.
Basically someone who gets caught in a group vs 1 situation can survive and even kill a few by just plainly spamming, because its near impossible to hit someone running around.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 11:15:29 am »
Basically someone who gets caught in a group vs 1 situation can survive and even kill a few by just plainly spamming, because its near impossible to hit someone running around.

Not at all, i can hit people fine. And 'just plainly spamming' doesn't work, you will die within seconds. You need awareness, footwork and blocking at the right moments.

When someone is running past you, just read an overhead and smack him. It's not that hard. Movement speeds haven't changed.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 11:21:47 am »
Oh yes plainly spamming in a group vs 1 situation works, I've seen players kill 4 enemies and survive for about 30 seconds cause its ridiculously hard to hit, without blocking a single time. Overheads get stuck sometimes too and even then you sometimes hit the player spot on but somehow kill a teammate due to lag and flunky hitboxes.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 11:27:59 am »
Well yesterday I played on my HA  :twisted:
And many times i saw that the arrows hit my target even if i shot beside him. Just like the arrows flew into him from the side.
 Anyway i think maybe the arrow hitboxes are changed, or maybe its just me
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 11:29:49 am »
+1
@ Dioxete / Denbitre Date: use overheads. Don't sideswing if there is a guy next to you. Those still work fine in crowds.

Killed invisible teammate with an overhead.
Since then, i'm thinking about doing a 13 shield skill character, to make the entire ennemy team tk each other, while i just circle around them with a practice shield...
Seriously, ganking someone is just wrong now. The only chance you have to kill a good opponent, is to use ranged or cav, you can't gank effectively with melee.

When a "random" shielder survives 45sec in between 7 "good" players, it's kinda frustrating... Luckily, the shield collision is completely broken, so the shielder gets hit from the front sometimes, it sure helps. Body collision makes it also possible to go "into" the shielder's guard, and effectively slash him.

All in all, it's more easy to kill a shielder 1v1, than with 5 of your teammates against that same shielder.... wtf...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 11:30:39 am »
I know for a fact that plainly spamming without blocking once does not work. You might get lucky once or twice, but just try it yourself. You will see that you need much more than 'just plainly spamming'.

You will need to block. You will need good footwork. You will need a bit of awareness. Else you will fail.

Don't cry about not being ably to spam side swings in close quarters with those huge 2 meter long swords or polearms. It's silly and it's a good thing it got fixed. Instead, learn to use overheads and try and be a little more aware of your teammates positions.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 11:34:41 am »
+1
I know for a fact that plainly spamming without blocking once does not work. You might get lucky once or twice, but just try it yourself. You will see that you need much more than 'just plainly spamming'.

You will need to block. You will need good footwork. You will need a bit of awareness. Else you will fail.

Don't cry about not being ably to spam side swings in close quarters with those huge 2 meter long swords or polearms. It's silly and it's a good thing it got fixed. Instead, learn to use overheads and try and be a little more aware of your teammates positions.

dear developers: please fix overhead animation so i don't headshot my team.

thxx

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 11:35:37 am »
+1
Many times I just jumps around in a group of enemy players, while wearing peasant gear, it takes like 10 seconds before i die, and that is by a 1-hit on me. And the times i jump I see that i often survives longer...
The new hitboxes are just bad...

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 11:43:51 am »

I know for a fact it does work. You need a bit of luck but I regularly see guys surviving for a very long time while being gankend by running in circles and slashing, cause its so hard to hit him.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 11:45:07 am »
I know for a fact it does work. You need a bit of luck but I regularly see guys surviving for a very long time while being gankend by running in circles and slashing, cause its so hard to hit him.

All you need to do is chamber an overhead swing, look at the guy, step in and release swing. It's not that hard.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 11:48:11 am »
All you need to do is chamber an overhead swing, look at the guy, step in and release swing. It's not that hard.

Harder than circling and doing sidewings/overheads, while sometimes blocking.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 11:52:23 am »
The guy you are trying to gank is facing 3-5 enemies. You cannot block behind you.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 11:53:43 am »
+1
If you have an instahit early hitting 102 speed scimitar that might be the case. It requires a lot of timing to hit someone with a slower weapon in such a situation as your teammates are all over the place and so is your enemy, and don't get me started on the teamhits by your team or the weird hitboxes when doing overheads.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 11:53:50 am »

Says the 1hander cav :F

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 11:59:05 am »
If you have an instahit early hitting 102 speed scimitar that might be the case.
My elite spammitar is 100 speed. Not many people using the shorter normal spammitar.

Not saying it's always easy, just saying it's not at all impossible like you seem to suggest.

And at Kuoin: i also play a 2h and a pole arm guy. Doing fine, loving the morning star and heavy bastard sword. Not having any trouble in crowds, although i do admit preventing team kills is harder and i need to watch my swings a bit, just like i have to do on my shielder.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:01:11 pm by Phazey »