Author Topic: 24/18 vs 21/21  (Read 9966 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: 24/18 vs 21/21
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 12:37:09 pm »
which one is better? Pure 2h with Athletics and PS outmaxed. Rather go for 8 PS or for 7 Athletics?

15/24 with GERMAN!... SPEEEEEEEEED!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 12:56:00 pm »
+1
Anything from 15/24 to 27/12 is considered a "good" build. Take agi builds if you know how to block and do your footwork, or take STR build for easy mode and 1-2 shotting :)

yeah STR builds are easymode while agi ath running builds are for pros... with high athletic builds, if you start getting surrounded you just run away... with low athletic builds, if you get surrounded you need to block and counterattack multiple enemies with really slow footwork while people keep backpedaling faster than you run forward... yes, STR builds are easymode.

oh you're that shielder...  :rolleyes:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 12:58:51 pm »
oh you're that shielder...  :rolleyes:

wat

Also lol at your explanation of STR vs AGI.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 12:59:53 pm »
1-2 shooting? With what, arbalest? Cause you can't do that with swords anymore, or at least I couldn't with 8PS.
With 6PS it takes me two overheads to kill an archer.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 01:03:44 pm »
1-2 shooting? With what, arbalest? Cause you can't do that with swords anymore, or at least I couldn't with 8PS.
With 6PS it takes me two overheads to kill an archer.

9 PS with unloomed Dadao and I 1-2 shotted medium/heavy armor, given the target wasn't a STR stacker or in loomed transitional.. or both.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 01:07:52 pm »
Well, I couldn't do it with loomed Danish (43 cut) and 8PS.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 01:08:34 pm »
Well, I couldn't do it with loomed Danish (43 cut) and 8PS.

That's because you either had zero or negative speed bonus, or you were attacking a STR stacker/loomed armor.

Last gen I was 24/15. I played most of the gen in Tabard and Leather Gloves, that's 16 armor. It still took 2 or 3 swings to kill me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:10:33 pm by Vibe »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2011, 03:21:50 pm »
+1
Higher athlethics is incredibly useful. Blocking does only protect from the front and also 1 person at a time. With 5 athlethics you can't control the fight, if there are more enemies you'll die quickly due to being attacked by multiple people at the same time. 7 athlethics give you the ability to keep 1 guy inbetween you and the rest all the time, also if you sheath your weapon you can mostly just run away.

You can also dodge arrows better, get out of the way of a couched lance quicker and you can dance in and out the enemies range more easily. Atlethics is very useful.

while I agree, in my experience althletics doesn't have that much actual in game effect compared to stuff like hp and powerstrike which have pretty huge and exact effect. agility is a much worse attribute to stack imo than str, high wm is useless unless you are hybrid, infact 0 wm is viable. alth scales better but still half the movespeed effect is from agi and also based on wieght anyway.

so basically if I want a agile fast character I find i'm better off stacking strength/if/ps and wearing light armour and using a faster weaker weapon. it overall has better survivability, damage and speed than stacking agi with medium armour and high dmg weapon.

but this is off old experiences i dont play much anymore maybe they have changed it alot. and the way armour works is very different.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2011, 07:28:03 pm »
wat

Also lol at your explanation of STR vs AGI.

also pure STR builds sucks like pure AGI builds do. the best compromise is to balance on your needs. that's why pure STR maulers sucks compared to balanced ones, that's why 9/30 ninjas just glance on you while you need the worst hit ever to instakill em.

there is no STR vs AGI. there is who bend to STR, who bend to AGI. i get what you mean about STR builds... high STR high armor builds forgive a lot of blocking mistakes... but you have to consider that AGI oriented builds forgive more footwork/positioning mistakes. anyway, you can see some noob STR players dying like someonelse, just with 2 more hits.. or you can see good agi players like khorin really cutting thru a line of enemies. i just trolled you a little because saying "X build is easymode while Y build is not" without stating why, is cheap.

while I agree, in my experience althletics doesn't have that much actual in game effect compared to stuff like hp and powerstrike which have pretty huge and exact effect. agility is a much worse attribute to stack imo than str, high wm is useless unless you are hybrid, infact 0 wm is viable. alth scales better but still half the movespeed effect is from agi and also based on wieght anyway.

so basically if I want a agile fast character I find i'm better off stacking strength/if/ps and wearing light armour and using a faster weaker weapon. it overall has better survivability, damage and speed than stacking agi with medium armour and high dmg weapon.

but this is off old experiences i dont play much anymore maybe they have changed it alot. and the way armour works is very different.

well.. i saw WaltF4 tests stating that athletics give nearly a 5% moving speed bonus per point while agility gives around 1.5% per point.

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2011, 07:32:54 pm »
i try 24/18, it's so good i think. cuz i can play with low agi, i don't need 21 or 24 agi...

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2011, 08:49:26 pm »
i try 24/18, it's so good i think. cuz i can play with low agi, i don't need 21 or 24 agi...

18 agility is low?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2011, 08:52:21 pm »
no i don't mean it, i mean "i can play with low agi, so 18 is enough high to me"

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 08:59:01 pm »
also pure STR builds sucks like pure AGI builds do. the best compromise is to balance on your needs. that's why pure STR maulers sucks compared to balanced ones, that's why 9/30 ninjas just glance on you while you need the worst hit ever to instakill em.

there is no STR vs AGI. there is who bend to STR, who bend to AGI. i get what you mean about STR builds... high STR high armor builds forgive a lot of blocking mistakes... but you have to consider that AGI oriented builds forgive more footwork/positioning mistakes. anyway, you can see some noob STR players dying like someonelse, just with 2 more hits.. or you can see good agi players like khorin really cutting thru a line of enemies. i just trolled you a little because saying "X build is easymode while Y build is not" without stating why, is cheap.

well.. i saw WaltF4 tests stating that athletics give nearly a 5% moving speed bonus per point while agility gives around 1.5% per point.

I have to inform you that pure STR builds are FAR from useless, compared to pure AGI builds.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2011, 09:01:40 pm »
I have to inform you that pure STR builds are FAR from useless, compared to pure AGI builds.
You wont top the scoreboards with either one of them

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 10:58:29 pm »

i didn't say STR builds are useless. i just say aren't that EASYMODE you stated. because a pure 36/3str build is an easy prey against multiple enemies while a balanced build can still take some hits while retaining enough mobility to react. pure STR will only shine on really tight brawls AND with support. balanced or agi oriented builds can move freely on flanks, engage/disengage at will, chase down archers. STR builds just engage and fight till is over since they can't chase, can't retreat, can't kite or freely exchange targets. all features that packed together overcome easly the lack of health points and damage.

now, i did some serious maul work 2 months ago... while retiring the greatmaul i tried various builds. 27/12 was somewhat good, lot of onehits with 47 blunt and 9PS... but 4ath was not enough to chase who try to get space... at least while wearing decent armor plus the 8.5 kgs of the maul. 20/21 was not bad, opponents with less than 7ath couldn't ran faster enough to kite or retreat but 6PS sometimes is not enough to crush other maulers /heavy polearms/shields. the one i had the best results was 21/18 because opponents can't escape your overhead. they're forced to fight at maul reach (and often die).

i still say agility path need some love. is not too bad but neither equally balanced. if weapon profiency could be worth the WM points. we'll see less STR build spam. if armor wpf penalty become more emphasized, we'll see less STR build spam.

all this to say that yes, balance between STR and AGI could get a improvement but is not total crap or pure STR = easymode as you said.